PDA

View Full Version : IATPL in Canada VS UK Based School

jet_stream1
29th Jan 2017, 17:12
Hi all,

I'm very sorry if this isn't the correct place to post, but I couldn't find anything specific to Canada.

Does anyone know what, if any, the cons are of doing my integrated ATPL in Canada and then converting to a EASA licence upon completion of training? As you can guess the costs are very different and much more manageable in Canada vs the UK.

Then again, I hear that unless you go to one of the big three schools (CTC/OAA/FTE) its very hard to get a job afterwards? NOT impossible I know, but it just seems there is a leaning in the industry to the established schools.

If anyone has any advice on where I can find out more, or if we have any Canadians who now fly in Europe, that would would be great.

paco
30th Jan 2017, 04:54
Ryanair are certainly well disposed to self-improvers. There was a trend to go to established schools, but sometimes their output from can be questionable. The concern was having to make people unlearn bad habits, but one thing self-improvers do have is motivation.

Nothing wrong with doing an ICAO qualification then converting, provided immigration is sorted out. I don't know where you plan to study but I can recommend Harv's Air Service in Steinbach Manitoba (not far from Winnipeg). On average 265 clear days a year around there, so few weather problems.

Who knows? You may like it and not bother with EASA at all :)