PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what happened to BA1483 on Thursday 26 January?

stenoman
29th Jan 2017, 14:32
The flight took off, encountered "technical difficulties", and we landed pretty sharpish after a few turns.

Cabin crew weren't much help, other than putting the cups and trays they had just got out in double-quick time.

A £5.00 meal voucher and a customer service smile from a BA employee when we got down didn't do much to calm my nerves. No-one seemed willing to say what the problem was.

ExXB
29th Jan 2017, 15:28
What can you buy for £5 at GLA?

What can you buy for £5 from BA's BoB? And would they accept the voucher?

DaveReidUK
29th Jan 2017, 15:35
I don't know what the problem was, but the aircraft appears not to have flown at all in the three days since the incident.

Aircraft was airborne for around 36 minutes, including a couple of times around the Bovingdon hold.

PAXboy
29th Jan 2017, 16:41
The chances of ground staff knowing what the technical fault was - is very low. The 'SOP' is to say nothing, for many reasons.

If the fault was major, as indicated by the aircraft being out of service for a couple of days - there would be even more incentive to say nothing. No company wants their failings, however routine, to be on the social media and news.

stenoman
29th Jan 2017, 19:03
It was pretty frightening though. I just wonder what it could've been that was so serious. The plane never really seemed to increase speed much after take-off, and we only just got above cloud level and then started circling. After the captain said we're going back, no-one uttered a word. It's not fun at all.

The £5 voucher was for Heathrow Terminal 5. I used it to buy a single egg of caviar at Prunier!

stenoman
29th Jan 2017, 19:05
How do you know which aircraft it was? I've no idea where to find that information!

Tocsin
29th Jan 2017, 22:55
I suspect the use of the flightradar24 website, stenoman :)

TimGriff6
31st Jan 2017, 08:48
BA 1483 goes Glasgow - London in around an hour and a bit. How come it went around Bovingdon twice and was only airborne for 36 minutes and yet according to the OP landed pretty sharpish?

DaveReidUK
31st Jan 2017, 12:01
Because it wasn't a GLA-LHR flight, it was going in the opposite direction (hence the OP's reference to spending his voucher in T5).

Flight number was BA1486, not BA1483. Aircraft was a B763 (G-BNWZ), rather than the usual A321. Back flying yesterday.

stenoman
31st Jan 2017, 15:48
Yes, sorry, I got the flight number wrong.