PDA

View Full Version : Transjet lose Goldensun contract!

Desk Driver
8th Jul 2002, 10:32
TTG have reported that Golden sun have pulled their flying with Transjet and moved it to MK Airlines of Iceland! This comes just 2 weeks after Golden Sun gave their backing to TJet.

Also reports that the Captain who refused to fly on saftey grounds was not sacked but left the company of his own free will.

Finally states that the company invited the CAA to conduct 3 ramp checks and only "MINOR things were found."

I can only comment from a Tour Op's point of view and that would've been the same. For whatever reason it's just not acceptable, I would move my business too. I assume that they are still using the same seat bokers though, something I would've changed if contracts allowed.

Let's hope that MK live up to expectations, whoever they are?

World Traveller
8th Jul 2002, 11:16
Sure its not MD Icelandic Airlines, a charter airline with a few MD-80s?

They've been around 2 or 3 years I think.

MK are a cargo airline with DC8s and 747s.

WT
<Just a Punter>

Brenoch
8th Jul 2002, 11:24
Surely it must be MD Icelandic Airlines..
MK is not icelandic is it..

No comment
8th Jul 2002, 11:27
Does that include the Gatwick operation?
To be honest I'm sure the pax wont know the difference between an SWL MD80 and MK Airlines DC-8....give it to Mr Kruger...! Can only hope MD's MD80s are in better nick. out of the frying pan into the .....???

Roger de Rofton
8th Jul 2002, 11:37
No comment,

I think they would notice the difference, MK are an African based CARGO airline:)

RdR

Brenoch
8th Jul 2002, 11:41
At least the lack of chairs would give them a hint..

Desk Driver
8th Jul 2002, 11:56
YES! it's MD not MK! I appologise to all Freight dogs who might of got excited!

I've always hood trible wath mi spolling. Like I said I only need 1% skill

Nopax,thanx
8th Jul 2002, 12:06
Easy mistake to make.....MK have operated aircraft on the Icelandic register.

No complaints about legroom though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avman
8th Jul 2002, 13:18
MD Airlines is Icelandic registered but based in Stockholm (Arlanda), currently operating 3 MD-80s.

VIKING9
8th Jul 2002, 14:29
MD Airlines, being Icelandic, are surely not part of the EU. Can they operate UK originating flights to Europe when UK based airlines have capacity? Surely Goldensun have to at least approach UK based airlines first before offering out such contracts? Just curious........:p

Desk Driver
8th Jul 2002, 15:15
Air Atlanta have been doing it for years!

VIKING9
8th Jul 2002, 15:17
Yes, but their aircraft are leased to Excel and fly under their callsigns. Do Atlanta fly ex UK under their own callsigns?

Desk Driver
8th Jul 2002, 15:23
Maybe not now But I'm sure they have in the past used their own CC flight numbers. etc or am I confusing that with Air Ops.

VIKING9
8th Jul 2002, 16:00
ah ha, Yes Air Ops indeed used CC out of the UK. Mind you, Air Ops, Transjet, Atlanta - all linked somewhere I'm sure of it.....:rolleyes:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
8th Jul 2002, 16:01
Viking 9 - Icelandic registered aircraft are allowable. Although Iceland is not a Member of the European Union, they are members of the European Economic Area and therefore can operate in the way they do.

Desk Driver
8th Jul 2002, 16:12
Air Ops, Transjet, Atlanta - all linked somewhere I'm sure of it.....

The old connection used to be Goldcrest seat brokers. They used to have Cally / Peach in there as well, along with an A300 operator called "EUROPEAN" remember them? I think they were resposible for a short lived series on a Yak 42 or 50 something like that. (I as always stand to be corrected.) After JMC bought Inspirations Goldcrest shut down and some staff turned up at Excel Airways.

I must admit dropping one Stockholm based MD80 operator for another Stockholm based MD 80 operator is a little fishy to me. The only reason I can think of is that Capacity would not change.

I would love to know who Golden Sun by their seats from ?
My guess is "Will Flyit" is involved somwhere.

Brenoch
8th Jul 2002, 16:50
Now, who can "Will Flyit" be?? :D :D :D :D

jetstream7
8th Jul 2002, 16:52
There used to be a BRS Transjet flight to Corfu on a Monday - operated on a W pattern from somewhere else.

This has gone this week, been replaced by a Nordic Airlink flight - again same a/c type, same capacity....

I thought Transjet had been improving their reliability and timekeeping so is a case of the tour op closing the gate after the horse has bolted ?....

Fraudsquads
8th Jul 2002, 17:02
I think you'll find that Nordic have always operated the BRS flight. SWL currently have a MD somewhere with a problem. Currently a 10 hour delay expected arriving from Skiathos/Thessalonika into LGW.

The sooner Goldensun realise the value of using a UK operator where levels of service can be delivered as expected the better.

Rule Britannia!!!

FS

Bengt Engel
8th Jul 2002, 17:14
nothing wrong with the patriotism amongst the UK guys...

by the way, is "Will Flyit" from the UK?

chiglet
8th Jul 2002, 17:15
Air Atlanta have operated under their own C/S [ABD] for yonks:)
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

jetstream7
8th Jul 2002, 17:31
Fraudsquads

From what I understand there are 3 flights on a monday to corfu from BRS
These were split, one each, between MyTravel, Nordic Airlink and Transjet.
There are still 3 flights, but now Nordic Airlink are operating two of them and Transjet none.

Quite right on Transjet's Skiathos performance today - presume it has gone tech down route as it was reported due on time or early earlier today...

And, yes I agree, if there is spare UK capacity then it should be used rather than from elsewhere - though of course now we get into the question of economics...
Goldensun (or at least their customers) are discovering good value for money doesn't always equal cheapest

Bengt Engel
8th Jul 2002, 17:45
hmmm, aren't britannia German these days?

Flightrider
8th Jul 2002, 20:39
I see the Transjet Stansted unit also seems to be being replaced by a Futura 737-400, not before one or two tour operators of reasonable repute had jumped ship.

Is this the end of this sorry episode of a tour operator preferring to take cheap, crap aircraft for which its customers suffer? It's about time that someone in the UK managed to make a business work on the basis of a summer-only airline so that we don't have to suffer these aircraft of dubious repute appearing under cover of darkness in time for the 1 May season kick-off every year.

transjet
8th Jul 2002, 21:15
It would assist if the facts were correct before posting anything on here, yes the the GS programme in MAN has gone to MD airlines.

If anyone wants to ask anything our email address is available but would appreciate you keep any crap to yourselves

Transjet UK

Fraudsquads
8th Jul 2002, 21:51
Well Transjet I would suggest you may be the best to deliver the facts.

Will someone else deliver them or should we wait until tomorrow?

I'm not normally one to critisize but your post does little to address the points raised.

FS

VIKING9
9th Jul 2002, 07:34
........and Transjet, the facts are ?????

Flightrider
9th Jul 2002, 07:42
Okay, okay - so maybe "crap" was a bit strong. But it's fair to say that they haven't exactly excelled themselves whilst operating the summer programme thusfar. Transjet, are you planning to continue flying the LGW programme until the end of the season?

Hudson Bay
9th Jul 2002, 08:32
What about BHX? I am supposed to be going to Rhodes tommorow, are Transjet still operating for Golden Sun? I wish I had not booked with them now! But they were very cheap!!!

irishcc
9th Jul 2002, 09:02
Hey Guys

MD Airlines are currently operating a large IT program from DUB this summer, all on the MD83 - they are operating for AviaJet, along side Air Atlanta Icelandic, with the nice shiney new 767-300ER.

Both companies operate independently, however, all Ops and Crewing for MD, on a day to day basis, is controlled by Atlanta here in Dublin - Atlanta also seem to provide majority of the cabin crew for MD.

Both companies are maintaining good "on time performance" for the DUB operation - and AviaJet, the aircraft contractor - seems to be quite happy so far.

I am sure MD will do a great job in MAN - and hopefully LGW too !

Flickroll
9th Jul 2002, 10:50
Had the misfortune to fly with TJet ex MAN two weeks ago (wife booked it while I was away down route!). 24 hours before departure return flight re-scheduled from 1300 to 2300 after paying day flight premium. Checked-in to face a four hour delay due no crew - which eventually turned into 7 hours - crew delayed on motorway (? 7pm Saturday!).

Return one week later- only discovered from hotel guest rumours that flight delayed until 0400 next day (merged subcharter)- eventually left KGS 0630.

On arrival MAN, LGW pax (now 24 hours late) told over airport PA that the coaches would stop half way so that 'they could buy their own refreshments!!

Been in the charter business for nearly 30 years and thought I'd seen every gash outfit until this. Good riddance.

Those, Transjet UK ARE the facts. Perhaps you'll come down from your ivory tower and explain them.

b747 flightboy
9th Jul 2002, 11:46
viking 9
air ops was owned by thomas johanssen, who now owns transjet and incidently was (maybe still is) flying as a captain for air atlanta, who incidently were doing ops for swl last year.

;)

Wing Commander Fowler
9th Jul 2002, 12:54
Oh dear Oh dear...... there's never a "Knold" around when you need one ......... hehe

Knold
9th Jul 2002, 12:56
Isn't there?

VIKING9
9th Jul 2002, 13:22
Mr Transjet has gone awfully quiet....... maybe they have a delay going on somewhere:p

Bengt Engel
9th Jul 2002, 14:56
aaaaaaa, the wonderfull knold is back...

VIKING9
9th Jul 2002, 16:22
So apart from Goldensun, are there other tour operators who use Transjet? I assume Futura are doing the Spanish program for Goldensun or is it just a one off ?

rentaghost
9th Jul 2002, 16:25
Strong rumours round the track that TJ have just had their AOC pulled by the Swedish Authorities and are grounded.

Any more on this?

VIKING9
9th Jul 2002, 16:47
Mmmmm I heard the same - and from a VERY reliable source...

Hudson Bay
10th Jul 2002, 09:02
Yes it is true. Just turned up to go to Rhodes from BHX and was told Transjet's AOC has been withdrawn. Looks like I will be holidaying in sunny Birmingham!!!!!

VIKING9
10th Jul 2002, 10:42
Hudson, think maybe you will be taking a cat to RHO !!

Desk Driver
10th Jul 2002, 12:12
Go on the Cougar!!!

Keep those noise smokers in the air!

Hudson Bay
10th Jul 2002, 19:17
Guess what folks? Cougair has gone tech! We were supposed to fly at 0600hrs It is now 2015 and we are being fobed off with all sorts of excuses! Tech, operational, shortage of crew you name it we got it! Police just been called to calm the situation. We have received a notice telling us there are no food or drinks vouchers. I am now begining to think we will not get to RHO tonight! Never mind BHX has PPrune!

Jo Blob
10th Jul 2002, 21:17
How can folk be treated so badly!

Very sad!

Some one, some where is making money out of all this!

Desk Driver
11th Jul 2002, 13:42
Who handles Cougar at BHX ?

Hogg
11th Jul 2002, 16:12
The thing I want to know as Hudsons been very quiet todayhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/compute.gif Either hes singing away still in the airport bar http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif or been carted away for rising up the masses in revolt http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/hitler.gif or hes on a beach somewhere keeping an eye on de local talent http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/chicken.gif http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif

;) Hogg

VIKING9
11th Jul 2002, 19:55
By all accounts, Hudson was probably in the RHO bar by 0130z - I wonder if he'll post us a card !!

Xenia
13th Jul 2002, 12:14
I think Hudson Bay was lost in the bar at BHX as my airline did the flight for TJ, pax were taken from BHX to MAN by bus and we took them to RHO... Actually I was sent on a special mission :eek: :( I was on that flight... and actually still recovering from that Wed. night RHO!!!! :mad:
Not much of a suntan if you are still in BHX HB! :D

VIKING9
14th Jul 2002, 09:05
:confused: So did TJ have 2 flights to RHO that day? I know Cougar covered one....... maybe one of the flights was delayed from the previous day ;) And TJ want to make a come back - Mmmm:p

alcoflyer
14th Jul 2002, 17:05
TJ had two flights bhx rho day 3

0500z and 1530 z

so sorry to dampen the cheap jibe but one wasn't delayed from previous day!!

TJ747
14th Jul 2002, 21:59
HI GUYS,

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT TRANSJET WILL BE BACK AT LGW VERY SOON.ALL GOING WELL WE SHOULD BE BACK NEXT WEEKEND 19/07.
THINGS ARE BEING SORTED AT THE MOMENT AND NEW CONTRACTS FOR LGW ARE BEING DISCUSSED AT PRESENT.

WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WHEN I HAVE MORE NEWS.

UNTILL THEN...HAPPY FLYING.

MANY THX
TJ747

Flightrider
14th Jul 2002, 22:06
TJ747, I am sorry to disallusion you but I think it would take a tour operator with a deathwish to revert to contracting with Transjet. Goldensun has pulled away as have several others and I would be extremely surprised if a viable operation can be put together. After this week's grounding, I don't think you will find too many tour operators willing to gamble their own reputations and business on Transjet putting its house in order.

TJ747
14th Jul 2002, 22:49
HI THERE.

TRANSJET HAD A VERY HEAVY AND DIFFICULT PROGRAMME TO OPERATE FOR GOLDENSUN.
BEFORE WE WERE GROUNDED WE HAD DROPPED A FEW FLIGHTS TO EASE THE PROGRAMME AND THINGS WERE ALOT BETTER...FLIGHTS ON TIME...GOOD LOT OF PAX ETC ETC.
WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS OR SO.
WITH A SMALLER PROGRAMME I THINK WE WILL DO WELL AND GAIN BACK SOME KIND OF RESPECT FROM OTHER OPERATORS.
I THINK IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
MAJOR CONTRACT WITH NOT ENOUGH CREW...AIRCRAFT ETC AND THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND A BIT.
THE SO CALLED "DEATHWISH TOUR OPS" AS YOU CALL THEM...BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. IF WE CAN PROVIDE WHAT THE TOUR OPS WANT (CHEAP AND CHEERFUL) THEN THATS WHAT WE DO. THE DELAYS ETC WERE FOR VARIOUS REASONS BUT WITH THE SMALLER PROGRAMME I FEEL WE WILL DO OK OUT OF IT.

WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.

MANY THX
TJ747

taba
15th Jul 2002, 08:50
well, there's less crew now, cos we've all been sacked over the phone....apart from a "selected" few and a 3/4 that deserve to be kept on!

apparently the criteria was "they're all ******g useless, sack them all!" how nice to be thought of like that...

shame really, great fun to work for...Sweden operations fine, once the aircraft doors were closed fantastic fun, but a lot of probs elsewhere...and we just had got some decent people in ops over here...

ah well....

Desk Driver
15th Jul 2002, 09:41
The latest quotes are

Transjet have been grounded because of a lack of administration & operational quality Spokesperson for the Swedish CAA

They have 2 months to sort it out
Swedish Caa again

we think the grounding is unfair - we have breached no safety regulations Thomas Johannson

The authorities want management changes - they will get them & we will fly again! Thomas Johannson

taba
15th Jul 2002, 10:37
they believe they will! as from next friday!

VIKING9
15th Jul 2002, 11:39
.....and I bet they don't.

CaptAirProx
17th Jul 2002, 09:43
Viking9, yes I think your right!

I worked for AirOps. And I believe that AirSweden, Transwede, AirOps Of Europe, Air Ops International, Blue Scandinavia, Transjet are all from the same stable. I think the guy running it always said in the days of AirOps Tristar operations, that he wanted to one day operate B747's. And they do now under Transjet!

Its the same old story, by/lease some old desert stored aircraft, fail to do them up and put hard working and mostly loyal crew on board and do it on the cheap for a couple of years till the banks say no way, then six months later start all over again under a new name. That was certainly the case under OOE. Its a shame as AirOps was the best fun I have had in ages. A complete shambles but ignoring that, the work was interesting and relaxedand the aircraft..............oh bring back the Tristar, all is forgiven! Funnily, saw an RAF L1011 500 at GLA yesterday, brought back many fond memories.

TJ747
18th Jul 2002, 09:35
CaptAirProx.

Ive heard many people say that Air Ops was fun and exciting to work for despite the problems that they had.
I know one person that has worked for most of Mr Johannsson's airlines and all have been great fun to work for.
If you have an excellent and outgoing crew...you will cope with anything thrown at you.These kind of companies don't seem to be around for long so i think people just enjoy it for what it is.
We are all hard working and loyal crew as CaptAirProx...but believe me...we play hard to.
Every day when i go to work...we allways have a giggle and a laugh with the pax.
My previous airline was quite regimented and i felt that you couldn't be yourself because of all the "Red Tape".
At Transjet...there isn't any and thats why we all enjoy what we do.
Going to work should be fun and not to be afraid to walk in the crewroom thinking who are you...don't know you...not talking to you.
Transjet is like a big happy family...how many airlines can you text your crew manager to ask for something !!!!!!

Thats it from me now but i will be very sad if it ever ends.

many thx
tj747

MR WIBBLE
18th Jul 2002, 09:56
Hello Boys and Girls and fellow citizens of Wibble,

From what the lastest rumour going around at the moment is, Transjet have now gone bust as well? any truth in it?

As for texting you crewing manager, I've just joined European Aviation Air Charter on the 747's, theres not point on this forum in slagging it off, I've read peoples views in the other forums. I went for the interview, I was impressed, and have started the training course. We were all given everyones phone numbers that we needed on the course. and everything is going well. Friends that work there say it is good fun, good crews, and good trips.

Have already met some ex Trans Jet crew, mixed reports on TJ, some good some bad. Most people think that grounding the aircraft was a good move. It's not my place to comment on other peoples views or on what I don't know but I thought I would let you all know what I've been heard anyway.

Anyone that were laid off from TJ, why don't you apply for EAAC, they have bases in MAN, STN, LGW and BOH. I think we are still recruiting at the moment.

Hudson Bay
18th Jul 2002, 10:38
Well we have just returned from RHO and had a great time. We arrived in RHO at 02.30z only 17 hours late! Cougair eventually flew the charter after a major tech delay but we did get a free drink! The flight over was a training flight and made the funfair rides in Fallaraki look very tame! Can anybody confirm if 727's are cleared to power back? ( We had no tow bar in BHX) MD Airlines brought us home after a 5 hour delay. This was after a bagage inspection because the crew miscounted the heads on the aircraft!( They counted the empty seats and deducted the amount off the amount of seats they thought they had!) They thought wrong! All we have to do now is claim the compensation!

VIKING9
18th Jul 2002, 12:45
Hudson Bay

No tow bar in BHX.... Mmmmm more like the handling agent probably broke it. Power back or don't go. 727's do it all the time in the states. Lets face it, if you had waited for TJ or another carrier, you'd probably still be in BHX......:p

VIKING9
18th Jul 2002, 12:58
....oh and for the record, B727's ARE approved for power backs in accordance with the Boeing FM.

Hogg
18th Jul 2002, 13:12
Yep they do it nicely;)

taba
21st Jul 2002, 15:13
Wibble...

I did but, hear that there may not be any more recruitment?

Any help would be appreciated...

Transjet were fun to work for by the way, but the way they "laid off" the crew was appaling and unprofessional.

Just hope we get paid our dues!!???

They would not have got off the ground had it not been for the hard work and flexibility of the cabin crew...surely they deserve better than a robotic phonecall...the word "THANKS" springs to mind...

Taba:(

Desk Driver
22nd Jul 2002, 07:15
Well they did'nt start up again Friday or Saturday and their MD82 at LGW seems to have gone.

Any further news anyone?

VIKING9
22nd Jul 2002, 07:37
Mmmm told you they wouldn't start again on Friday; Last Friday, this Friday or next Friday......:D Think maybe the MD80 has been repossessed :eek:

UFGBOY
22nd Jul 2002, 09:08
Both a-c ferried from UK short term for storage to save in parking charges - sorry to disapoint viking and other doubters; NOT repossesed - lessor is - Finova if you wish to check......

Just as a discussion point; Viking - ever been laid off or made redundant and care to share your thoughts on whats it's like ?:eek:

Desk Driver
22nd Jul 2002, 09:18
UFGBOY

Where are they being stored!

And do you know if TJet will return to the UK market?

UFGBOY
22nd Jul 2002, 10:35
France and yes on a smaller scale ........:p

VIKING9
22nd Jul 2002, 14:32
I have indeed been made redundant, but I certainly wasn't treated like the Transjet lot. It was done in a professional manner, discussed across the table and with regret. Think you would agree, even Transjet could have treated their staff a little bit better than they did.

Cat O' Nine Tails
22nd Jul 2002, 21:15
I performed the power back in accordance with the AFM and with the blessing of ATC and the other 180 pax on board the aircraft who were more than happy to despatch rather than sit around like lemons. I think I did rather a nice job judging by the comments of ATC and the other bystanders.

One other thing, neither of us were training so maybe you were day dreaming of Fallaraki at the time. Good luck with the compensation claim, it's people like you that make the job worthwhile NOT!!

Cat-Club
23rd Jul 2002, 07:11
MMEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW !!!

rupetime
23rd Jul 2002, 14:51
Cant see TJ being easy to sell in the UK market following this summer's debacle - good crew and aircraft im sure but the way certain tour operators have been dumped on wont be forgotten.

rt

Desk Driver
23rd Jul 2002, 16:34
Ahhhh but if the price is right we'll forgive & forget very quickly.