PDA

View Full Version : QR or EK economy?

jameseyre1
22nd Jan 2017, 14:53
HI all,

I have a work trip from MAN to Mumbai next month and the company policy unfortunately is Economy travel only. The two options I'm looking at are QR via Doha and EK via Dubai. The prices and timings are similar, so I wanted to get a view on the Economy product comparison.

The only advantage I would have with QR is lounge access as I have a BA Silver card. That said many have said how good EK's product is, so wanted some views.

Cheers.

750XL
22nd Jan 2017, 16:36
QR personally, new Doha airport is amazing and far less hectic than DXB.

Plus T2 is far superior to T1 at MAN, imo

ExXB
22nd Jan 2017, 16:40
Make sure you have plenty of time if you go via DOH. If you are close to the MCT you are going to have to run. Or at least that was our experience.

Cymmon
22nd Jan 2017, 17:10
Definitely QR, once had a 1 hr 20 min connection, absolutely no problem.

They were even better when the Boeing 777 had 3-3-3 economy but now going to standard 3-4-3 same as Emirates.

Load Toad
23rd Jan 2017, 02:51
I don't think there is a lot of difference, neither the flight or the airports. I'd choose based on cost & timings.

Metro man
23rd Jan 2017, 05:41
QR are in Oneworld so you should get some miles with BA.

Logohu
23rd Jan 2017, 10:28
If you like the big aircraft, big busy hub experience, and don't get too stressed out by a delay here and there, then would recommend EK.

Personally I prefer my journeys to be uneventful (especially if the hub connection time is tight), and find QR's services and Doha airport more punctual and organized - at least on the sectors between MAN and the Middle East.

Andy_S
23rd Jan 2017, 12:04
I don't think there is a lot of difference, neither the flight or the airports. I'd choose based on cost & timings.

Seconded.

I'd look at the most convenient timings first and foremost. If there's not a lot to choose in this respect than lounge access with QR would be my differentiator.