PDA

View Full Version : does Air NZ supply plastic bags for backpacks as checked luggage?

cooperplace
19th Jan 2017, 07:54
My wife and I are travelling with backpacks that have numerous straps etc hanging off them. Some airlines eg Qantas supply a large plastic bag so that the straps don't get caught in conveyors. I can't see anything on the Air NZ website about whether they supply these. Does anyone know the answer to this? We're flying out of MEL. Thanks

PAXboy
19th Jan 2017, 09:58
If no answer here, move your question to: Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)

cooperplace
19th Jan 2017, 10:05
Ok, thanks, will do.

RevMan2
19th Jan 2017, 17:49
Solution: Buy your own plastic bag....

Cirrussy
19th Jan 2017, 18:07
Or a backpack with the facility to zip all your straps away...

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th Jan 2017, 21:57
Or ask Air NZ????

cooperplace
20th Jan 2017, 01:45
thanks for all these really helpful replies: NOT!

Tarq57
20th Jan 2017, 02:05
At most international airports, there is an organization that can basically wrap your luggage in heavy clingfilm and heat seal it for a small fee.
If this might suit your needs, just phone the airport operator, and ask if such a service is provided.

cooperplace
20th Jan 2017, 04:33
now that's a good idea.

PAXboy
20th Jan 2017, 05:28
Most airport websites list the shops and services in the various areas. Bag wrap facilities are usually near the main entrance for departures.

esa-aardvark
20th Jan 2017, 07:15
Would not expect anything for nothing in NZ.
Actually even if paying don't expect too much.
Sourpuss me.

Johnny F@rt Pants
20th Jan 2017, 14:09
thanks for all these really helpful replies: NOT!

What on earth is wrong with any of the suggestions made??

Solution: Buy your own plastic bag.... - available at many camping stores - seems like a good idea to me

Or a backpack with the facility to zip all your straps away... - same again, readily available at camping stores, another good idea.

Or ask Air NZ???? - after all it is they who you have booked with, they ought to know.

So, why the sarcasm directed towards those trying to answer your query and help you out?

cooperplace
30th Jan 2017, 14:23
sorry, the thing that triggered the unnecessary sarcasm was that I had already called Air NZ and after being on endless hold got onto someone who said that they didn't know! It turns out they do supply them for AU$5.

Johnny F@rt Pants
2nd Feb 2017, 16:19
the thing that triggered the unnecessary sarcasm was that I had already called Air NZ and after being on endless hold got onto someone who said that they didn't know

Should've said so in the original post, I wouldn't have suggested asking them had I known.