PDA

View Full Version : Skippers Info

Gearup2
18th Jan 2017, 10:32
Hi ,

Does anyone have any recent info on skippers interview process ?

What is the pay like for F/Os ?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

pilotchute
19th Jan 2017, 09:04
Good to see Skippers requiring 500 multi to sit in the RHS of a Dash/EMB120/Metro. I'm glad they only want type rated pilots too. I bet they get a flood of quality applicants!

For anyone who is unsure, I have layered a huge amount of sarcasm on my words.

Capt Fathom
19th Jan 2017, 09:34
Maybe they want future Captains!

Captain Nomad
19th Jan 2017, 16:54
Or maybe they want to spend as little as possible on training... :hmm:

Capt Fathom
19th Jan 2017, 20:25
Silly me! That too.

Flyboy1987
20th Jan 2017, 06:17
I see that skippers have recently teamed up with Moorabbin flying services? Offering 0 hour to guaranteed employment for only 175k!!! Bargain!

pilotchute
20th Jan 2017, 07:31
I think Skippers have a high cap AOC so I don't think you need 500 ME PIC to be a Capt.

Chadzat
21st Jan 2017, 02:45
Anyone who pays $175k to work at Skippers is a stain on this industry and deserves to be listed somewhere. Are you serious?! Companies come up with these scams but it is up to individuals to say no and avoid them.

What an absolute joke.

pilotchute
21st Jan 2017, 07:09
A joke that some people will take seriously and pay the money. At least Qatar give you a job with no time limit and wide body experience for the same price

717tech
22nd Jan 2017, 01:47
I can only hope that's a joke regarding MFS :sad:

Some desperate rich kid will pay that slightly excessive price for a ride in a Dash-8.

Chadzat
23rd Jan 2017, 04:50
Dunno where you think I work boeing but I can tell you the cadets we have do not pay for their training and are employed on full EBA pay from when they start their type rating. So I probably wont be telling them that.....

pilotchute
23rd Jan 2017, 06:57
http://www.mfs.com.au

Its all there

dr dre
23rd Jan 2017, 08:49
2017 Skippers Aviation Cadetships are now open ? Moorabbin Flying Services (http://www.mfs.com.au/2017-sharp-cadetship/)

Well according to that it's $175k for only two years guaranteed employment on the Dash or Bras at Skippers. No info about any FEE-HELP assistance.

In competition with the JQ Cadetship 30k cheaper with full time employment onto an A320 and Rex 70k cheaper. This program looks far inferior by comparison.

pilotchute
23rd Jan 2017, 22:59
If you read the info it says Fee help not available

dr dre
24th Jan 2017, 00:13
If you read the info it says Fee help not available

Is that for the Skippers or the Sharp cadetship? There's very little info about the Skippers program.

Either way, FEE-Help or not, $175k for only a two year guaranteed stint on a turboprop is ridiculous, considering some of the other programs that are out there. They'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for applicants for this one.

pilotchute
24th Jan 2017, 05:42
The terms at the bottom of the page apply to both schemes being offered. When you hit the "apply now" button it takes you to a generic application page asking you which cadets hip you want to apply for. There isn't a separate app for each one

mic310
19th Feb 2017, 11:04
Hi people. Any news at skippers. Just wondering if they are looking soon or soonish for any flight crew. Was out at cobham the other day, looked like it was busy and all happening on the skippers ramp.:ok:

AviationReviewWA
9th Jun 2019, 01:53
How are skippers going especially after the routes taken up by rex. struggling?

uhoh
9th Jun 2019, 10:39
How are skippers going especially after the routes taken up by rex. struggling?

They're loosing contracts and crew. The only aircraft that seems to be working is the F100. There are a lot of aircraft sitting idle during the day and not making money. They also don't have many crew left of the DHC8 and E120 from what I hear, probably hurt more by the recent bunch that left and now doing Q400 type ratings for the mob next door!

I don't know how much longer than will survive, will see what happens when Cobham's Q400's arrive.

roundhouse
10th Jun 2019, 06:11
Yeah, apparently there’s 1 captain and 1 maybe 2 F/O’s for 6 EMB120’s 😂😂😂

Camara
10th Jun 2019, 06:25
The Braz service doing Gero Carnarvon and Paraburdoo has been replaced by Shine Aviation in a 1900D, ouch !

Rated De
10th Jun 2019, 08:32
As the former AIPA President is yet to turn the first sod of earth on the Qantas Academy that will turn out 500 pilots a year, salvation for the industry is a way off.

In the interim it is not so much a pilot shortage, rather a remuneration shortage.

AviationReviewWA
10th Jun 2019, 13:05
Yeah, apparently there’s 1 captain and 1 maybe 2 F/O’s for 6 EMB120’s 😂😂😂
jeez that's bloody worrying. would be sad to see them go under.

plotplot
12th Jun 2019, 12:04
As the former AIPA President is yet to turn the first sod of earth on the Qantas Academy that will turn out 500 pilots a year, salvation for the industry is a way off.

In the interim it is not so much a pilot shortage, rather a remuneration shortage.

I'm still trying to figure out who is going to teach these 500 students a year? The recent ads on afap are asking for a 3 year commitment as an instructor at the academy.. Maybe if they dangle the carrot of a job at the end of a 3 year commitment they'll be able to persuade their own students into becoming instructors but that would take years to become a well-oiled machine..

Mithzaron
19th Apr 2022, 04:27
Anyone applied for the recent job listing? Thinking of sending in a CV at some point this year, wondering what the process Is like these days