PDA

View Full Version : RwandAir info please

italian stallion
18th Jan 2017, 07:36
Hi There
Anybody have any info on RwandAir direct entry command please?
salaries, roster, general conditions and anything else you can add..

Many thanks

italian stallion
22nd Apr 2017, 04:05
Why so little talk if any regarding Rwandair?
They're expanding their fleets, advertising all over for crew yet very little information given on salaries, contract types etc.
Also Kigali is supposed to be one of the safest /cleanest cities too to live in.

Ghost_Rider737
27th Apr 2017, 09:37
Kigali is comparable to most European cities in terms of cleanliness. In my opinion it out-strips any city in the U.S. you would have to look hard to find a piece of paper or plastic bottle in the streets.

Kigali is clean and safe. Have no idea about Rwandair though.

750XL
27th Apr 2017, 14:28
Kigali is a great city, I love it.

Excellent nightlife, vibrant social scene and easily comparable to any European city in my opinion. Very safe and very clean as stated.

But also very expensive.

mupepe
8th May 2017, 13:34
Got offer of 8000 us bill trough agency ( commander B738):=

Klimax
8th May 2017, 14:04
that's so laughable - it is not even funny. Yes, Kigali, is vibrant. . But that pay are for serious plebes.

italian stallion
10th May 2017, 10:23
And I'm told 8 weeks on 3 off :=

737seeker
18th Jan 2018, 04:43
info on B737NG FO average take home pay please ?

same here, got an offer via agency 8 on 3 off. do they respect this in reality ?

insider info very much appreciated. tnx a bunch

jetjockey696
18th Jan 2018, 10:03
I think last time..FO is half of captain.. around 4400Usd plus housing of 1300usd.. free hotel for 1st mth.

italian stallion
18th Jan 2018, 13:01
8 on 3 off has been going on for ages, I even had it out with the respective agencies that it's not great....and more importantly the pay is pro rata, so no pay on your off days...and they wonder why they're alway advertising for crew

4runner
18th Jan 2018, 23:54
The current regime probably doesn’t help either. It WAS a good gig. They have a lot of West Africans from Arik Air. Not enough I guess.

MeLuvUlongtime
25th Jan 2018, 15:01
ANyone has information about the interview and sim etc.

yes I know, the problem about the pay etc, just need to stay current. I think Rwandair is better than Fly Baghdad.. that I was offered.

Iznogood
31st Jan 2018, 22:46
Have couple of friends flying for them, no complains. In my opinion not only better than Fly Baghdad but better place to work than many companies in africa (royal air maroc, ethiopian, air cote d'ivoire, asky, air mauritania,...)

Valmont
31st Jan 2018, 23:13
8 on 3 off has been going on for ages, I even had it out with the respective agencies that it's not great....and more importantly the pay is pro rata, so no pay on your off days...and they wonder why they're alway advertising for crew

pay is not pro rata

Have couple of friends flying for them, no complains. In my opinion not only better than Fly Baghdad but better place to work than many companies in africa (royal air maroc, ethiopian, air cote d'ivoire, asky, air mauritania,...)

Hum... Not so shiny.

Iznogood
31st Jan 2018, 23:44
A friend of mine previously with rwandair is flying for fz now, he wants to come back. Another one flying is asia on Q400 said he misses rwandair. I know also three 737 skippers all expat, none of them plan to leave...that's all I know.
There are maybe some aspects that I do not know if you can share.

IZAD
15th Feb 2018, 12:25
Rwanda Air Management is not the only problem, their preferred agency, Rishworth is worthless to say the least.
When based in Kigali you are at least seven to nine hours commute if based in Europe; U.S.A basing is out of the question, likewise for those who sympathize with slavery from Asia-Pacific.
Kigali maybe a clean city, but like Singapore, it is expensive and Rwanda is still sorting out insurgents in the West with D.R.C. Their route network is dull, hard to make extra time per month, Scheduling is a mess, and most of locals work under pressure, pretty much under the concept of a communist military regime.

Rwanda pilots do not know about this forum, it maybe sensored if they get to know who is leaking the truth, I am simply passing this info from trusted sources within, I am safe in Togo.

Capt.Tentacles
16th Feb 2018, 04:55
Appreciate the very informative feedback! :ok:

I have read nothing but negative comments about Rishworth Aviation and PARC/CAE, they both are useless as "t**s on a bull", so to speak!:ugh:

Why do Overseas Airlines, not have their own HR/Hiring departments, like in the USA and some other countries?

Be great, if anyone would like to chime in on it, (hopefully an educated one)!

new_era
16th Feb 2018, 13:11
IZAD

Can you shed some light about your airline in Togo please? How is the recruitment process and the T&C? Is the company and country stable?
Thanks in advance!

4runner
18th Feb 2018, 15:17
Capt.Tentacles

Because they would have to pay your local tax and wouldn’t get kickbacks from recruiters...

JoeMcGrath
1st Mar 2018, 04:21
IZAD

Your right on the money.Management are all former Army and treat the subordinates terrible. Moral is low,no time duty limitations so,dont even try to complain or you'll be standing tall to the man. The first day you arrive there you're already applying somewhere else. Q400 is short of pilots and you'll fly well past your personal limitations. Don't even think twice about RAL. You've been warned.

Keld
29th Mar 2018, 19:46
What routes do the Q4s fly...what are the rosters like...how does this airline Q4 op compare to others in Africa in terms of pay...?

4runner
31st Mar 2018, 19:12
What routes do the Q4s fly...what are the rosters like...how does this airline Q4 op compare to others in Africa in terms of pay...?

Look at their route map. Then look at cities within q400 economical range. Then use deductive reasoning and come to your own conclusions. Any roster in Africa is gonna to be pushing regulatory limits or even redefining them, blatantly or creatively. You may be an FO, in which case, they’re not interested.

Jacoair
11th Oct 2018, 15:32
Hi!!!

Any insider at the moment? Is it worthwhile to apply?

Many thanks!!!

FarewellFire
11th Feb 2019, 21:02
Bumping this thread - any current info is highly appreciated. More interested in work climate and potential for upgrade than financial situation. Am looking to relocate as my fiancé could find work in Kigali.

Mike_Harrison
20th May 2020, 13:49
Rishworth and Spectrum are the two brokers working with RwandAir.

ALWAYS do your assessment with Spectrum.

Rishworth will do nothing for you after you have been hired.

turbok10
4th Jun 2020, 23:02
Rishworth and Spectrum are the two brokers working with RwandAir.

ALWAYS do your assessment with Spectrum.

Rishworth will do nothing for you after you have been hired.

Mike, are you or have you gone through the interview recently? Are they even hiring?

4runner
7th Jun 2020, 17:18
WB only operating 330 flights that are repatriating, charter or cargo.

4runner
20th Jun 2020, 16:36
Here’s an “improvement” to suit the company. There’s a FB group called “Kigalilife” where you can see what you get for $600 housing allowance and the $200 for transport. There’s a 50-200% duty on Cars. Rumor is that the Nigerian pilots showed them an Arik contract to make themselves look good to management and get rid of the non Africans. Maybe a Rishworth contract is a better bet. They’re not operating for another 2 months too. Call the CP for any questions or concerns. He’s a nice, reasonable guy. He won’t stab you in the back or give you HIV. JK, he’ll do both. His name is Marcel.

Ammendment to contract:
1. Introduction of 45 days annual leave vs commuting.
2. The 45 days can be broken into 2 in the year.
3. To be reviewed after a year
4. Facilitated to travel within the network
5. Travel allowance for the remainder of the journey
6. Accomodation and transport allowance $600 + $200.
7. Company negotiating with car dealers to get deals to lease or buy
8. Global health insurance cover for whole WB community
9. Overtime after 100hrs
10. New pilots 50% of salary, after training and clear online full salary
11. Pilot bond
12. All instructors given a flat fee allowance

Wildgun938
20th Jul 2020, 22:57
This company is crap. In all aspects possible. I flew for them until the end of 2018. They have No respect for the pilots. They fly with spies (army marshals).

The schedule changes daily, they can call you 2 hours before a flight asking for you to fly.
The Management is full of idiots, from the top management (army guys), until DFO, chief pilot, and the fleet managers. There are only 2 good fleet managers, the B737 and on the CRJ.

I heard deputy ceo came to the home of one pilot, and asked the guy to fly, because he was on a day off and wasn’t answering his cellphone.
Is that normal in other companies?
No way.

There are no benefits for the family as tickets. You go to kigali to fly without knowing when you will come home for your commute. Now without the commuting I bet they gonna lose 60% of the pilots as soon as the covid crises finish.
Nobody wants to live in Kigali.
Ok, it is clean, and organized, but it is a expensive city, with nothing to do.

And again, the company is very badly organized, they dont consider day off as day off. They will call you to fly for sure. No 12h of rest between flights.

In the 737, the simulator is a joke. Each 4 hours of sim, they spend 3:30 for the captain, and 00:30 for the FO. I was feeling terrible for my FO at the sim section.

4runner
21st Jul 2020, 23:22
I can confirm the above. It USED to be a good job until the Thpanith under DFO Ricardo Naval ruined it. It was further destroyed by current flight ops management. CEO used to have an open door policy and built what you have today. He’s gone and been replaced by “yes Men/Women”. Air Marshals do report to government. Crew have been arrested upon landing in Kigali for “infractions” that occurred while outside Rwanda. Infractions have been noise complaint from hotel. Jail. Ditto on the 737 Fleet Manager. He’s one of ze best. In the world. He keeps the airline going. The Chief Pilot will call in “sick”. The company will show up unannounced to pick you up on your 12th day of duty, on your day off, 6 hours after you land from the night before for a “surprise” flight that the CP called in sick for. The CP’s car is suspiciously at the club at 0600 as you are driven to work on day 12 of no off days. The fight you’re operating was the CP, Marcel’s...
“Crew Scheduling” is one girl that is bitter, resentful and will purposely schedule you to fly, last minute on days off you requested If she knows you have plans. You’ll never be able to go anywhere in Africa. If you want to travel non-rev, you’ll have to spend a day in the office getting “permission” and multiple forms signed. If you’re Rwandan, this is easy. Foreigners always had issues as staff would make problems, refuse to sign or disappear. In 3 years, I was able to use my flight benefits once. The other time, I bought a ticket on kenya airways.
It’s probably ok if you need a job and sign with a contractor. Like I said in previous posts, it was a great job, great company and great country. Too bad they ruined it.

Wildgun938
22nd Jul 2020, 01:24
With the corona crises, I heard fleet managers disappeared.

The company changed the contract to their liking and put the pilots on unpaid leave until further notice.
Basically, Rwandair pilots are the cheapest on the planet.

They cost the company zero dollars, because they are not paying anything. Even the house allowance was thrashed to zero.

People have been paying rent in kigali since March from their own pocket. There is Zero support from the company.

Someone from the management sent an e-mail with “a solution” for the pilots that were on their commute when the flights came to a stop.

He requested the pilot to make an inventory of the belongings that were in their Kigali home, to then send a total stranger to collect everything to be supposedly kept in a storage somewhere.

You can imagine an unknown person collecting your personal belongings.

I have never heard any proposal as ridiculous and disrespectful as this from any another company in the world. This is crazy.

From the time that I spent there, the only thing that I like to remember was the salary, and other expats.
The flight crew were very rude. Normally they would come in to the cockpit, and stay speaking in local language (kiniarwanda), which isn’t very safe.

If is there were to be any problem in the airplane you will not understand nothing.

Rwanda Air is a very complicated company to fly for, because it is still young (compared with other companies) but they don’t seek excellence.

A lot of important things are not in the books. The manuals are just copy paste from another companies manuals. There are no authentic ideas.

Guys there are praying for Qatar to come as soon as possible to kick out the managers and solve the persisting problems.

The per diems are paid 2 months after. The guys on 330 normally do 2 weeks rotation in China/India paying themselves for the food at the hotel. You can burn 1.000 dollars to eat 2 full meals in the hotel for 2 weeks. Not normal.

The 737 has a virtual base in Cotonou. 2 weeks there, in an apartment rented by the company. Not even a hotel. We dont need a luxury place to sleep, but dont put the crew in an apartment somewhere. Not nice.

4runner
22nd Jul 2020, 18:37
the apartment and hotels in west Africa had their deals “negotiated” by handshakes including dollar bills. The president of the country needs to run this company. He’s solid.
the house owners are keeping cars and belongings hostage until rents are paid. Most house contracts require an employment contract. The manuals were originally written by the Greeks. Then the Spanish cut and pasted from some defunct Spanish charter airline. Then they didn’t tell anyone that SOP’s and call outs changed. Then they line checked everyone they didn’t like and failed them. It might be interesting to see how this plays out.

Wildgun938
30th Jul 2020, 00:58
The time that I spent there, was a authentic mess. The 737 is a good and solid airplane, and this is the unique reason because I think you never heard a crash report in Rwandair, because the training was so poor. You dont need to put all the pilots like machines, but at least help to all the guys to be in the same page. That is not hard.

The last straw for me, was the schedule, the lady is a nice lady, but competence is not her thing. She was a flight attendants, nothing against the flight attendants, but to work with roster you need to be qualified like that. I cant say I am a soccer coach, if I am not one.

Wildgun938
1st Dec 2020, 20:27
My friend from Uganda told there are 15 pilots coming from Kigali. 10 for the CRJ and 5 for A330NEO. Rwandair losing pilots for not respecting contracts. The crew is not getting even per diem because the deputy CEO decide is not necessary. Terrible.

Zepelin737
23rd May 2022, 00:50
A bunch of pilot leaving Rwandair.
As usual nobody respect contracts, and the company is managed by a short military dictator, that still thinks he is on army.
Pilots are facing hard times to go home, on the 737 a lot of guys flying 100/110 hours per month. Wife's are asking divorce. Those that were brave enough to bring family to kigali are not spending time at home. Those with family outside are going home each 5 or 6 months. Some pilots on 330 went home after 11 months.
This company is a shame. Completely

Wildgun938
23rd May 2022, 19:52
The Chief Pilot was invited to resign from the position. He was one of the most rude CP I ever saw in my life. Very unfair, and all the time asking people to do ilegal stuffs.

The company right now is a truck uncontrolled coming down a hill. No management, no training, I mean really no training. The simulator as usual is just to tick boxes, some instructors dont know the airplane and confuse SOP’s from CRJ to 737, and 737 to A330.

pfvspnf
23rd May 2022, 23:28
what illegal stuff he asked people to do ? Who is the new management?

DnataGirl777
24th May 2022, 18:13
I heard he asks pilots to fly far over the limit journey hours per day regulary.

The CRJ over run last march is a perfect example of it. The crew arrived and was requested to do two more legs nairobi entebbe (illegally) and were fatigued, over the journey time regulamentar.

But in our continent everything is allowed, we are not professionals enough to say no, I will not do something ilegal.

The problem with Rwandair, is related with lack of knowledge, a lot of ego, lack of professionalism and people without brains on the management. They are very amateurs.

Wildgun938
10th Jun 2022, 03:09
The big issue in Rwandair is how they deal with people. There is no respect. They are not prepared for the normal situation, you can imagine with abnormal. As any flag carrier 99% of the workers are public employees, and they dont care if the airplane dont has charts to do a flight to Rome, or if one airplane is grounded in Cotonu because somebody in the company didnt paid the fuel. If its weekend or after 5pm you are by yourself. The company only works from 9am to 5pm monday to friday. Its a office from the government. One indication of that is the military in the top management, taking decisions like nowhere. You will not see any military in the head office of emirates or air france. Once I was on a flight to Lagos and my FO (local) told me that on the management way of thinking, there is no day off or vacation, you are available (reserve and stand by) 30 days per month, 365 days on the year, and for the locals if you refuse to do a flight on your day off they will put you in the jail. During the covid crises, 2 of the Airbus pilots got covid, the police came to their home to put gps bracelets on their legs, like criminals. Its crazy.

Local people need authorization to do a passport and travel abroad, basically you need a visa to leave the country. For expats is very comum when you are traveling the immigrations guys in Kigali asking where are you going, the reason of your trip, and when you gonna come back. A Greek friend from UN once got a hot discussion with the immigration guy, because this is personal details. I dont need to inform the reason why I will leave any country. Its my life. My 2 cents.

Wanda air
12th Jun 2022, 15:17
Kigali is comparable to most European cities in terms of cleanliness. In my opinion it out-strips any city in the U.S. you would have to look hard to find a piece of paper or plastic bottle in the streets.

Kigali is clean and safe. Have no idea about Rwandair though.
I am sorry, but where have you been in Europe to compare Kigali to any European Capital?

There is nothing to do in Kigali.
The biggest shopping mall is representative of what the city has now to offer, which is not much.

The city is clean, it is very safe, but besides that, was is there to do there?

I can tell you: nothing!

Not even the Africans from neighbouring countries are willing to live there without the commuting contract.

Wanda air
12th Jun 2022, 16:39
IZAD

Can you shed some light about your airline in Togo please? How is the recruitment process and the T&C? Is the company and country stable?
Thanks in advance!

1. If you are an FO, you will only fly if there isn't a local FO availble. They want their own FOs to gain experience and upgrade. These guys do not have a long term plan to keep an Expat mix with local pilots. No, they are sending young Rwandese to the USA and Canada to do their Pilot Courses and to return to fly for Rwanda Air. Their plan is to have a 100% Rwandese Pilot Group in the long run. They have tried to keep expats with them, but the majority leave and even with high salaries.

2. As an expat your salary is higher than those of the local Pilots. This isn't your fault, but come locals just don't understand and accept this, and instead of taking this issue to their seniors, to the proper place, they take it out on you, as an expat. An expat FO gets a higher salary than a local Captain on some fleets. Some guys can't accept this!

3. The training is very unprofessional.

4. During the Line Training, the Line Training Captain didn't know basic things such as standard call outs and speeds. One manufacter callouts came out instead of the manufacter of the plane being flown.

5. If you do not have a local physical appearance, you will get a bit hassled on the street. They know that expats from abroad are there for a reasonable amount of pay... So you do get approached and everyone seems to be finding a way to get something off you. This doesn't bother everyone, but it bothered me. A good local salary is around 100 to 200 USD. So to the local population, you are Elon Musk.

6. Officially the CEO is a woman. The President of the country put a general working as an unofficial CEO. This guy doesn't have a clue about the airline industry. Once there was a problem with a flight on the turbo prop fleet. This guy went and knocked on a captains apartment door, on his day off and asked him to do the flight, The expat captain had a beer in his hand and pointed at the beer. The local unofficial general CEO still requested for his assistance!! This is difficult to believe, but it is true! And SAD! The same guy, once, sent a A330 instead of a 737 to South Africa because by mistake they had sold an extra ticket in business class, or one of the seats was unusable. They try to save money in many ridiculous things, but where they should, they don't.

7. There is an Air Marshall always on board the aircraft. You will be watched at all times. Even in the hotel when you are away. I personally don't like this type of work environment. I didn't do anything wrong, but I just can't get used to it.

8. The Rwandese government are obsessed with security. I am not saying they do not have reasons to do so. They probably do and are right in taking so many precautions, but it does affect your life. The cars to get in Kigali Airport go through a gigantic car scan. Everyone leaves the car and goes through a scan before even entering the airport. Once you are in, you will go through another one. The government uses the Israeli software called Pegasus and can access your phone, WhatsApp, emails, everything. This isn't official, but unofficially this is spreaded by word of mouth. The superiors will never have a conversation with you by phone or email of a matter that can't be "heard" by the government, they will have it with you in private. You pass through many metal detector machines a day, going to the grocery store, shopping mall etc.

9. If you are an expat and your fleet has flights to a certain city where your family lives, DO NOT REQUEST to fly there. You have great chances in asking NOT to fly to that destination.

10. The commuting was sometimes a hassle to get, even though everything was written in black & white. If you have 20 days off, although everywhere else the off days start when the day after you arrive at you destination, with Rwanda Air these travelling to and from days are taken out of your commuting days off. That is not at all fair.

11. There was once a pilot meeting. All the pilots that were in Kigali and that were not flying were there. The chief pilot at the time said the following: "I am very proud to announce that we have got to our goal of 80% of local pilot in Rwanda Air". He was from Ghana if I recall correctly. He meant by this, local African Pilots. Apparently the government gave them this "goal". They have their national flag flying around the world and they have preference to have local African Pilots wearing there uniforms and coming out of the cockpits of their planes. I am fair skinned. I do not like this comment. If this were to be done in any western airline, I can't even imagine the consequences..

12. The country isn't a true democracy. Officially it is, but once you live there you will understand that true freedom of speak does not exist. The local pilots will not say no to anything. Most of them came from the military and they continue to take orders as if there were flying army planes where the rules are completely different. During the COVID pandemic most local Pilots were flying to the point of exhaustion. Many expats were pushed also. The incident with the CRJ in Entebbe about a couple of months ago reflected this issue. The crew arrived at Kigali and were pushed to do one more short flight, They went beyond all of their limits and the outcome was bad, but it could have been worse.

Look, I could continue with more and more stories.

Answering your question, if you are a First Officer seeking to get in line somewhere, forget Rwanda Air.
They have a plan, and that includes their own national pilots in the long run.

The money isn't bad, but honestly, double would be fair.

Wanda air
14th Jun 2022, 16:51
Do not let them push you.

DO NOT do anything illegal.
At the end, it is YOUR licence and career that is at stake.

4runner
18th Jun 2022, 04:20
I am sorry, but where have you been in Europe to compare Kigali to any European Capital?

There is nothing to do in Kigali.
The biggest shopping mall is representative of what the city has now to offer, which is not much.

The city is clean, it is very safe, but besides that, was is there to do there?

I can tell you: nothing!

Not even the Africans from neighbouring countries are willing to live there without the commuting contract.

Nothing to do in Kigali? Kigali has a very lively social and expat scene. It’s so lively that the CP of RwandAir will be out until daylight and you will be called to do his flight as he’s “sick”. You will be driven past the club in Nyutarama and you’ll see his car in the parking lot and wonder why he’s still partying while you’re going to cover his flight on your day off. In all seriousness though, Kigali and Rwanda are pleasant, fun and safe. The CP is not. The 73 fleet is ok. 330 you’ll meet a small Ivorian man that will amaze you with his leadership, integrity and skill.

Wildgun938
20th Jun 2022, 20:36
Nothing to do in Kigali? Kigali has a very lively social and expat scene. It’s so lively that the CP of RwandAir will be out until daylight and you will be called to do his flight as he’s “sick”. You will be driven past the club in Nyutarama and you’ll see his car in the parking lot and wonder why he’s still partying while you’re going to cover his flight on your day off. In all seriousness though, Kigali and Rwanda are pleasant, fun and safe. The CP is not. The 73 fleet is ok. 330 you’ll meet a small Ivorian man that will amaze you with his leadership, integrity and skill.

Rwandair is safe? Ask everybody what happen in Entebbe last year February with the Airbus, or this year in March with CRJ. The name is misconduct. Managers are not managing anything. They are negligent. All of them. Since I heard from a training manager that training is expensive, I gave up. I answered him that an accident is more expensive than training. The air taxi that I was flying in kenya in 1995 was more professional than Rwandair. The number of hard landings, tail strikes, runway overuns and unstable approaches during these last years show how safe the company is. Without training the company just cant be safe.

Kigali is safe and clean?
Yes. They have a army of senior ladies to clean and do landscape for 20usd per month. I never saw so many policemen in the streets of any another country. It looks like they are waiting for another humanitarian crise to happen soon. I hope my colleagues will not be there if this happens.

Reims_Rocket
28th Jun 2022, 22:26
Obviously there is no future in Rwandair for non rwandan.

Zepelin737
1st Jul 2022, 17:20
New Chief Pilot in Kigali. Finally. Hope the guy with precious metal name’s let him to work as expected. Honestly I dont believe.

A380A340
23rd Sep 2022, 12:59
Hello all.
can anybody shed any light on RWAND AIR pls

BusBus330
25th Sep 2022, 06:08
Hello all.
can anybody shed any light on RWAND AIR pls

hey a380a340,

I can't get your pm, inbox is full.
is there any way I can reach you

Afrijet
26th Sep 2022, 02:27
There’s a whole thread here on the airline. The Ivorian CP is gone. That’s a wonderful thing as he brought nothing good to the company, the business, the region, the country or the career. What fleet are you trying to join?

BusBus330
26th Sep 2022, 11:22
There’s a whole thread here on the airline. The Ivorian CP is gone. That’s a wonderful thing as he brought nothing good to the company, the business, the region, the country or the career. What fleet are you trying to join?

Hey afrijet,
Trying to join the 330.
would you mind to share a bit about the working environment and also the roster nowadays.
Thanks

A380A340
27th Sep 2022, 05:14
Sure. [email protected]

Afrijet
28th Sep 2022, 04:20
Regenerating this thread. The CP from west Africa has left the building…there are illegitimate babies and broken careers in his wake.

pfvspnf
29th Sep 2022, 03:03
Where he go ? Who’s looking for him?

Afrijet
29th Sep 2022, 06:44
Where he go ? Who’s looking for him?

Come to think of it, no one asked. He’s probably licking his wounds as he was never Simba, just a hyena circling and making noise. There might be some women with babies that need nappies and school clothes looking for him.

Wildgun938
3rd Oct 2022, 13:54
Hey afrijet,
Trying to join the 330.
would you mind to share a bit about the working environment and also the roster nowadays.
Thanks

you just need to read a few posts above. People that are still there said how serious is the company, or not. Dont expect respect, professionalism or good training. It pays salary on the correct day. That is it. No progression on career, no tickets for family. Just survival. Go, to do your hours and get recency, and leave like everybody does.

physicx
6th Oct 2022, 08:02
Looks like this is an AFRICA problem. It seems most airlines in Africa are unprofessional in some way or the other. Most of the top management and staff who are African are very hostile (racist is more realistic) to other ethnicities (races).

It has become a situation where ''MY PEOPLE'' are above all else and must be promoted at all costs whether they are qualified or not. EX- MILITARY (Including Civilian) dictators roaming the airfields like God's gift to aviation (seems they were born with hours, ratings, and experience). EGOS that can be bruised so easily you are always walking on eggshells around them. Anything you say can be used against you. It seems to be some inferiority complex.

If you are not African (or even a certain tribe/religion), they don't want you there, Getting employment becomes difficult. If you are waiting for an upgrade you may be frustrated, you will have a harder time during training, SIM training records manipulated, etc. It is very cleverly done (and so easy in aviation training). Complain you will simply be branded with whatever BS they can throw at you.
Bribery for upgrading or getting employed is normal

Duty times and flying hours are not respected. You are eighter enticed with extra cash or threatened to be fired. Work with NO PAY, Lack of aircraft maintenance. The CAA authorities are corrupt.
The list goes on...
Unfortunately, our continent is special, and even those from first-world countries begin to behave with the same dishonesty if not worst.

We can only hope for change...

Ankit Kotecha
6th Oct 2022, 18:51
Any inputs on current pay for expats : FO B737
Thanks.

Zepelin737
7th Oct 2022, 00:43
Any inputs on current pay for expats : FO B737
Thanks.

you gonna get around 4k usd. But those 4k will be the most expensive in your career. You gonna fly with 100 different cowboys that DONT CARE about safety, efficiency or standardization. A good example is the emergency descent that one colleague did last year, where the captain did everything wrong, and the FO saved the day. After landing the captain called deputy CEO to say some escuses, instead of calling chief pilot or DFO to spread the word. Every aspect of RWD is very primitive and each one is scratching the other's. I am happy that I am retired. Good luck to everyone that is risking life in Kigali.

Wildgun938
22nd Oct 2022, 22:27
One more and counting:

https://avherald.com/h?article=4fff8abf&opt=0

Afrijet
24th Oct 2022, 04:46
Another one….The Captain was promoted by the former west African CP to make himself look good to the locals I heard.

Wanda air
22nd Nov 2022, 14:35
More will happen.
It is just when!

PilotEt
3rd Dec 2022, 19:16
One of the airlines with best working conditions if you are considering to fly in Africa.

Wanda air
8th Dec 2022, 16:39
You come from Ethiopia.
Rwanda Air is miles away from Ethiopian and they do not have a project to keep expats in the company in the long run as Ethiopia has.

Rwanda are sending cadets every year to the US & Canada to do there CPLs, FI to return later on to the company.
It will still take some time, but they will send all the expats away somewhere down the line.

My airbus
10th Dec 2022, 13:44
Did anyone got call to attend the assignment for flight deck crew in Rwandair?

c560xl
19th Dec 2022, 17:40
Gentlemens Just a quick question, anyone can tell me how is the roster like on A330. Do you get any consecutive days off a month and how many. Is it possible to travel during those days. If possible anyone with a sample roster would be appreciated.
Fly high fly safe

DnataGirl777
20th Dec 2022, 18:03
Gentlemens Just a quick question, anyone can tell me how is the roster like on A330. Do you get any consecutive days off a month and how many. Is it possible to travel during those days. If possible anyone with a sample roster would be appreciated.
Fly high fly safe

From what I’ve heard, even on an “OFF” day you cant go anywhere. They will change your schedule 150 times per month. In the company’s view you are 30 days per month on stand by. Even to go home on vacations is a struggle.
People continue to leave, even locals…

Another heads up.
It looks like the “new” training manager saw the size of the bad organization and asked for resignation.
He did not even stay for 5 months in the company.
They didn’t let him work appropriately.

salvo montalbano
10th Jan 2023, 17:02
Hi! Any info about actual condition for a 737 captain?
I have seen in their webpage that you can go home every 56 days. Is that respected nowadays?

Thank you very much!
Salvo

The Puzzler
18th Jan 2023, 06:56
Hi! Any info about actual condition for a 737 captain?
I have seen in their webpage that you can go home every 56 days. Is that respected nowadays?

Thank you very much!
Salvo

in a word, no

Wildgun938
22nd Jan 2023, 00:04
https://avherald.com/h?article=503deeee&opt=0

Zepelin737
18th Mar 2023, 00:52
Looks like the company is struggling to get a new director of flight operations. The brave man or woman that comes will need to play with a lot of people that do not know anything about aviation, for example the dep. ceo, or even the ceo, and fix all the mistakes of the west africans.

Expats keeping resigning because the lack of professionalism, everything is hard in rwandair, some stupid things like getting uniforms are very hard, not to mention training, a serious scheduling, even with the advertise with commuting people are not applying as suppose because they know it is a lie. Good luck to all the warriors that are accepting to fly for the Rwandese company.

Vulka
30th Mar 2023, 19:52
Any info for B737 F/O roster/$ ?

thanks !

Afrijet
31st Mar 2023, 21:20
Is the West African CP gone? The Spaniard R Naval and his henchmen ruined it. Then the W African Pygmy destroyed what wasn’t ruined.

salvo montalbano
10th Apr 2023, 19:22
Does anyone have an idea about what the sim assessment consists of? Thanks!

vivo
1st May 2023, 22:10
Is that a good option when you think about changing your career from Turkish Airlines to Rwandair as an FO? what is your opinion honestly? do you advice it?

thanks in advance.

DnataGirl777
4th May 2023, 09:33
Is that a good option when you think about changing your career from Turkish Airlines to Rwandair as an FO? what is your opinion honestly? do you advice it?

thanks in advance.

No. You fly for a legacy company that respect the aviators. WB is the opposite. Only people fired from another companies work to RWD. If you are comfortable stay. WB dont give upgrade to expats. To get vacations is a big fight, the schedule change 5 times per day.

DnataGirl777
25th Aug 2023, 11:56
A RWD 330 intercepted for the Rafalles jets in the French airspace last week. Prolonged lost of communication. Two locals FO on the cockpit and the Captain on the rest perido. That is a good signal of the company standards and quality. Not good

Rooinek
26th Aug 2023, 09:18
Any more info on the A330 contracts at Rwandair?