PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific ATR FO inteview

PPSS
17th Jan 2017, 01:58
Hi guys,

I have been reading through some of the posts regarding Cebu's working conditions and salary. They are generally old posts , 3-6 yrs.

From what I read, it's not very encouraging but nonetheless I wanted to ask what the interview process involved? (I have been told day 1 interview, 2 Sim check and day 3 Compass test)

Could someone please tell me the kind of questions asked? Also the Compass test.. how can I prepare for it.

And lastly the sim check please.. what would I need to do in that?

Thanks very much and feel free to give your thoughts on working with Cebu..

Cheers

Black Crow
17th Jan 2017, 13:17
Working conditions are still bottom of the barrel. Pay is dismal. No real benefits.

If you are foolish enough to get involved, bring lots of money with you as you will need it.

cessna95
22nd Jan 2017, 00:33
dismal pay is an understatement.............

Black Crow
22nd Jan 2017, 13:14
Exactly. After reading everything put out about CP and their working conditions as well as treatment of expats it still amazes me that someone is willing to go their.

Level300
22nd Jan 2017, 17:46
Hi,

i have the same questions. That's better than stay on the ground ! Someone here has been in interview with them for a FO position on ATR ?

Many thanks !

Black Crow
22nd Jan 2017, 21:32
At least on the ground you won't have some idiot Captain trying to kill you with stupidity. And on the ground you'll be able to sleep and be rested, as opposed to the ridiculous schedules of CP.

There's too many good flying jobs out there. CP is the bottom of the barrel.

pfvspnf
23rd Jan 2017, 03:20
Any job is better than being unemployed . Most of which black crow is saying is the feedback I'm getting from the guys there.

Rumour has it there was a salary increase , anybody have the new figures for ATR and Airbus Capt/FO?

graphite
23rd Jan 2017, 13:15
A320 CPT - US$12,000 (net), US$15,000 for TRI qualified, A330 CPT - US$15,000 (net), US$16,000 for TRI qualified, A320 FO - US$7,000 (net), ATR CPT - US$8,500 (net), US$10,500 for TRI qualified

US$1500 per month for accommodation, 6 weeks ON 2 weeks OFF, minimum of 8 days off per month, full private medical insurance provided by Cebu.

Let me know if anyone needs more info.

pelikancanadair
23rd Jan 2017, 15:04
Thank You Graphite. Any figures about ATR FO? and any tips about screening process?

Black Crow
23rd Jan 2017, 20:00
A320 CPT - US$12,000 (net), US$15,000 for TRI qualified, A330 CPT - US$15,000 (net), US$16,000 for TRI qualified, A320 FO - US$7,000 (net), ATR CPT - US$8,500 (net), US$10,500 for TRI qualified

US$1500 per month for accommodation, 6 weeks ON 2 weeks OFF, minimum of 8 days off per month, full private medical insurance provided by Cebu.

Forget any expats being considered for a training position, those are reserved for locals.

And those are contractor numbers, not local. And given CP's history of screwing contract pilots, don't actually count on those numbers.

Oh, BTW, that 8 days off a month? Don't count on that either.

ZFT
23rd Jan 2017, 21:46
Forget any expats being considered for a training position, those are reserved for locals.

Factually incorrect.There are expat TREs

pfvspnf
24th Jan 2017, 02:48
I think they do have a few expat trainers .

Those figures look pretty good, is it a commuting contract ?

Officer Kite
24th Jan 2017, 11:12
Are those figures per month or year?

I am aware that may be the stupidest question some may see here, but I know the peso is extremely weak and so $12,000 a year may not be that bad to someone from there, obviously to anyone from a country with a strong currency it is very bad ...

pfvspnf
24th Jan 2017, 11:17
Officer, you are kidding me right ?

Black Crow
24th Jan 2017, 12:42
Factually incorrect.There are expat TREs

Who? The last expat TRI on the 330 was a Swede and they made his life a living hell, pumped up charges against him until he left.

The locals do not like expats there for one, and the management types do not like expats as instructors. The instructor positions are held for locals and given out as "attaboys" for those who kiss up to management. No teaching skills needed or required. There are a few of the old timers who instruct (RG, JL, BJ) who are actually good instructors, but the others leave a lot to be desired.

Black Crow
24th Jan 2017, 12:51
That "8 days off per month" routine. Typically it works like this, you arrive on your last day (say Monday) late in the evening around midnight, if not into the early hours of Tuesday. Then Tuesday is your "off" day and you will have a 1am report on Wednesday. Not much of a day off. Same goes for if you get two consecutive days off, so if you do get two days it's actually only one.

And forget getting more than two consecutive, unless you are willing to bribe a crew controller.

And that two weeks off carrot? Same thing, arrive very late your last day of work and be scheduled for a very early on your first day back. So that two weeks turns into 12 days, and if you are trying to commute will probably be 10 days actual.

ZFT
24th Jan 2017, 12:59
Who? The last expat TRI on the 330 was a Swede and they made his life a living hell, pumped up charges against him until he left.

CMR and PP to name but two

Officer Kite
24th Jan 2017, 13:01
Officer, you are kidding me right ?

Answering with 'year' or 'month' would have taken a lot less energy but anyway I'll presume it's per year.

Most nations have different yardsticks when stating a salary, be it month or year, as this is an international forum and salaries vary so greatly it's not always straight forward.

pfvspnf
24th Jan 2017, 13:23
It's a month!

Who in their right mind would command an a320 for a 1000 dollars a month? You're having a laugh aren't you ?

And with a question like that a kite is all you should be flying ha!

Officer Kite
24th Jan 2017, 14:06
Who in their right mind would command an a320 for a 1000 dollars a month?

People are paying £50,000 to fly an A320 for certain hours. So actually being paid $1,000 would even be a luxury to many. Especially in poorer nations.

And I've also seen you on the Alpha Aviation forums, the ABY guys get paid similar amounts in their first months and I've seen you complain about it many times. It's not exactly ground breaking to have people being paid that. Also given it's the Philippines and the peso is very weak, many people are likely living off far less than $12,000/year, not exactly beyond reason for me to not be sure on whether it's month or year that was being referred to.

Don't try act smart, cos all that is showing is arrogance.

Trying to act smart has simply showed you up as immature. And with an attitude like that, the last thing you should be involved in is a job that requires a humble dose of humility. And I'd rather ask a silly question than stay silent in ignorance ... never done a CRM course Maverick?

pfvspnf
25th Jan 2017, 02:30
I apologize if I came off as strong.

The answer is no , as far as I'm aware there's no pay to fly at 5J, salaries are monthly and aren't the greatest but it is what it is.

It's a place people go to get the time required and leave , no means a career airline .

PPSS
25th Jan 2017, 15:51
ATR FO Salary?? anyone?

Black Crow
25th Jan 2017, 16:50
Depends. As with most things CP, that is kept secret by HR since they apply different pay scales depending on who you are.

That, and they want to keep the myth up that they pay just as well as the rest of the industry.

magis
19th Jul 2018, 20:44

These figures seem to be very very optimistic, are these even anywhere near the actual pay CP pilots get? i know there are discrepancies between each pilot's salary, but if you're telling these are the values tht they get on average, then thre must be something wrong with what everyone else has been putting out in these forums.