PDA

View Full Version : A320 Non Type Rated First Officers Thomas Cook UK

Pilot1013
11th Jan 2017, 13:33
Hi All,

Does anyone have information regarding this latest TCX opportunity?

AviationJobs.Me Flight Crew: A320+Non type rated (http://www.aviationjobs.me/search/label/A320%2BNon%20type%20rated)

Thomas Cook Airlines UK Platinum Pilot Scheme (http://www.iagoplatinum.com/)

Apart from the assessment day fee it almost seems to good to be true?

Unless I'm missing something it appears that they fully fund an A320 TR, base, and line training, in addition to waiving all fees if you fail any part of the training?

In addition to this does anyone have information regarding the number of pilots they wish to recruit, to which bases, when the application window closes, or any of the pay/ salary rates?

AdzMc
11th Jan 2017, 18:51
I saw this a couple of days ago on the AviationJobs.me page but have only decided to click on it and have a proper look as I've been busy these past few days......annnnnnnnnd I was greeted with a message saying it's closed until spring 2017.

Theres no other information on there but it does say at the top "No bank loans. No credit checks. No remortgaging".......interesting :p

PFDriver
11th Jan 2017, 19:12
Applied online and got a PFO e-mail some 36 hours later, no questions asked.

Mlambin
11th Jan 2017, 20:52
I did apply as well few weeks ago but didn't receive anything yet. I know someone who have been denied already.

Look like a great opportunity ! I hope I will have a chance to go in.

AdzMc
12th Jan 2017, 18:05
PFDriver, when did you apply for it?

PFDriver
12th Jan 2017, 18:24
Just a couple days ago.

CaptFlyer
12th Jan 2017, 21:35
I got an email saying : "Your application is on hold".
Anyone else got that, or just plain PFO ?

magicmick
13th Jan 2017, 10:09
The website states that the scheme is closed until Spring 2017, perhaps those that are on hold will hear more then. Good luck to anyone who decides to go for it.

zubairways
13th Jan 2017, 12:22
Same here my application is on hold until spring. Lets hope it's sooner than that. I wonder how many people actually got through to the next selection stage.

Bloated Stomach
13th Jan 2017, 12:41
I got a hold email as well. Let's see, it's a good opportunity.

WestonFlyer
19th Jan 2017, 15:36
I applied a few weeks ago and no emails? A friend got the hold email. Anyone else waiting to hear back still?

Mlambin
19th Jan 2017, 16:35
I am still waiting as well. Look like they will open it again at Spring. Big hopes!

Taxitothegate
20th Jan 2017, 07:03
@WestonFlyer,

I also applied a few weeks ago and did not receive any emails.

Leslie09
27th Jan 2017, 16:04
Hi, I received an email today inviting me to an assement day anyone else had the same email, haven't got too much info, just two assessment dates to choose from and had to confirm if successful we are available to start the type rating course on the 23rd February.

Leslie09
27th Jan 2017, 17:54
Has anyone heard back regarding the assessment day?

Niken1
21st Apr 2017, 15:45
Hi Leslie09, did you go for the assessment?

sleithykeithy
28th Apr 2017, 10:34
I applied in Jan and got the 'on hold' email.

Heard back from them last week (fantastic!), and have an assessment day next week.

Anyone else heard back?

Shutdownatpl
28th Apr 2017, 11:34
i have same "on hold" email in Jan, but did not hear anything from them yet. :ugh:
can i ask you whats your profile?

sleithykeithy
28th Apr 2017, 12:08
1700TT, 1450 of that on a light Bizjet.

Primary Governor
4th May 2017, 20:20
I was offered an assessment date in early May but I couldn't make it. Waiting to see if they can arrange a new one.

2450TT, 440 on >20T TP, 1700 on <10T TP, remainder on SEP/MEP.

Also, I see the application has reopened.

hard_landing
9th May 2017, 20:58
So if successful you don't get paid until to start working for Thomas Cook? Colleague of mine said that he knows someone who got through the last time this was open but Thomas Cook didn't need him straight away so he went back to instructing. I thought about applying but can't leave my current job and have a period of no pay. Wife and kids and all that

Run-and-break
10th May 2017, 10:13
It appears that this scheme has re-opened for both:

Experienced Pilots:
Have at least 1500 hours of total flying time (excluding simulator time), and;
Have at least 500 hours of multi-crew flying time, or some military flying experience.

Cadet Pilots:
Have less than 1500 hours of total flying time, and/or have less than 500 hours of multi-crew flying time and no military flying experience.

More Info (http://tobeapilot.co.uk/thomas-cook-uk-open-first-officer-recruitment/)

PA28161
15th May 2017, 12:27
The cadet scheme has now closed due to high volume of applicants.

The direct entry is still open

I know someone who was successful on the last intake, he says its the best scheme going, and it is true they pay for everything; IAGO A320TR at Gatwick/LHR, TCX base training and line training. Salary was said to be very good with lots of away from base allowances, travel costs paid to other bases, super uniform, free Senheiser headset (XLR plug) etc., etc

TheSkiingPilot
15th May 2017, 15:21
I received an email to attend an assessment fairly soon. I know nothing of the assessment for Thomas Cook (quite the opposite of Ryanair I suppose haha) and I was wondering if anybody knows anything about it! I know that it's a two day assessment, and the first is the sit-down interview (not sim). So any advice or insider news would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

dmertens
22nd May 2017, 20:48
Anyone else attending on the 22nd of June?

Any info about the assessment would be greatly appreciated e.g. theory written or oral, what types of group exercises, any verbal reasoning/statistics? What the sim is all about etc.

Thanks!

PA28161
23rd May 2017, 16:15
DMERTENS

From what I understand from someone who's already gone through the previous intake, the first day is a group assessment, team problem-solving. You will be told if you are successful or not at the end of the session. Don't be over assertive but also don't sit back and be a wall flower. They usually weed out three or four candidates at this stage.

The second assessment, I think, is an interview with Iago/TCX HR and a captain (flight ops). Usually down to about eight candidates by this stage. when finished they will ask the unsuccessful candidates to leave.

The third and final stage will be a full motion sim assessment. They will throw in all sorts of emergency situations, eg. EFATO, a passenger with a panic attack, etc., by the sim assessment stage they will probably have a good idea who they want. They won't tell you there and then but will send an email with the good or bad news

If you get through they won't start your training, probably until the Autumn of this year (TR) and base and line training until early next year as [a] there is a shortage of training captains [b] TCX are slap bang in the middle of their busiest season.
Best wishes and hope you make it!

dmertens
23rd May 2017, 20:06
Thanks so much for the info! It's very helpful!

The theory is covered in the interview? No written test with multiple choice or open questions?

Any idea how many candidates are usually invited to start with.

I also heard that the sim is done on the B737 rather than the A320 but not sure whether that's true...

PA28161
24th May 2017, 11:38
dmertens

The sim assessment could be on either the A320 or the B757. At the last intake, as far as I'm aware, they required crew for both types, I think out of the six or so candidates that made it through four went on to TR on A320 and two on the B757. They will allocate the TR once the successful candidates have been chosen.

I was told told that out of the many thousands of online applicants only 40 or so made it through to be called up for interview and assessment, so if you're at this stage you must be doing OK.

The procedure may have changed since the last Pilot Platinum scheme was run so I guess things may not go as I have described.

One of the aspects of SEP/MEP flying they may ask about is: have you a factual story to tell about your own flying experience(s) from which you have learned something important. It could be something during a SEP/MEP flight that maybe you should have reported but didn't think it was necessary!!

I do hope you get through. Correct me if I'm mistaken but they are looking, like most airlines, to increase their intake of female pilots. You stand a good chance as long as you haven't had any ATPL theory and/or IR failures during your training.

PA28161
24th May 2017, 11:57
dmertens

Correction WRT the B757 TR this applied to direct entry candidates only, i.e those who were applying from other airlines, and not cadets.

As far as I know TCX fleet consists of A321's B757/767. They don't fly B737 but please do check this out

dmertens
25th May 2017, 19:32
Hey there,

Thank you so much! That is all super helpful and gives me a much better idea. I really do hope I stand a real chance. It's always quite nerve wrecking but not much else to do but prepare the best I can. In this case, it seems better to practice on the A320 then.

I realise it might not be the same as the last time but at least it's better than no info at all.

Thanks again for your help!

B73G
29th May 2017, 20:12
Any non-successful candidates informed or did you not hear back?

whitepark109
1st Jun 2017, 12:17
Are experienced guys getting called for assessments yet?

vrb03kt
14th Jun 2017, 12:27
I'm guessing that's a no then for experienced guys getting a call so far?

CEDRICO
28th Jul 2017, 11:37
Hello,
I applied for the scheme TCX/IAGO as experienced pilot.
I've been invited to the first day recruitment.
I'm waiting for the confirmation email.
Could anyone tell me where this first recruitment day will take place?
Is that at IAGO flight training Crawley (close to LGW) or at the head office Peterborough or anywhere else?
Thank you for your help!

PA28161
29th Jul 2017, 10:41
Cadets were interviewed at IAGO/LGW.
I'm not sure for experienced pilots, TCX operational HQ is at Manchester airport
Hope all goes well for you.

CEDRICO
29th Jul 2017, 11:03
Hello PA28161,
I got the answer the interviews usually take place at the Premier Inn close to LGW if available.
Thanks for your reply and I hope all goes well for you!

Shutdownatpl
5th Aug 2017, 16:05
assessment split into 4 parts.
tech multiple choice questions, 30 questions/30mins. questions are straight forward. I would assume pass mark is high, at least 85-90%. They have several papers so question will be different for candidates, but all are same level. Few questions on company itself, some basic aviation knowledge questions, ATPL, and last comes some reasoning questions.

Group exercise is straight forward, you need to participate and be involved but not bossy etc.... as per usual.

lunch break, at least half of the people will be send home after lunch break. standard extremely high! or at least they say so!

HR interview usually with airline captain and FO or IAGO HR personnel.

Scenario based interview is again with airline captain and FO etc..

Followed success on day one, sim assessment! Good Luck, hope that helped.

vin2001
6th Sep 2017, 20:46
Any update on latest recruitment? Have people gone for assessments and heard back?

claypon
7th Sep 2017, 04:08
Recruitment is currently on hold for the next few months. That is from a reliable source within the airline. Not sure if greedy IAGO will continue the assessment days though.

vin2001
7th Sep 2017, 08:27
is there any reason given?