PDA

View Full Version : Shared flying around Bristol or Shropshire

rahaney
25th Nov 2001, 21:22
Hi,

Is there anyone in the Bristol area or in Shropshire who wants to do some shared flying to gain some discounted hours.

I'm rated on the C152.

But have flown Warriors, Bulldogs & Grob Tutors.

Anyone interested?

Cheers

rahaney

Rote 8
27th Nov 2001, 17:23
Where do you live in Shropshire?

rahaney
27th Nov 2001, 20:08
Shrewsbury.

Am flying at Cosford AEF when I get back from uni.

Is halfpenny green the nearest to me with cessna 152's

Cheers for the reply m8 :D

Rote 8
27th Nov 2001, 21:29
rahaney

Interesting - how do you get to fly with the AEF at Cosford when you finish at University? I wrote to 633 VGS to see if I could volunteer as some sort of staff cadet but received a reply stating that they were fully manned. I assume this will be free flying for you. I would be interested to find out a bit more about how this works.

I am in Shifnal, funnily enough I went to Uni in Bristol as well (UWE).

I fly from Halfpenny Green (now known as Wolverhampton Business Airport) although from Shrewsbury Sleap (just inside the Shawbury MATZ) would be closer for you.

Tried to mail you off thread but was prevented from doing so (perhaps you have selected not to receive mail).

Drop us a mail, may be able to arrange a bit of shared flying although I have a big Q of friends and family waiting to come along and keep me company. I would like to find out a bit more about AEF flying.

Cheers

rahaney
27th Nov 2001, 23:50
Not sure why email is blocked but send to [email protected] if any queries.

Regarding AEF flying. This is because I went to school in Telford and was in the cadets. At 16 I became a staff cadet there and I can do that until i'm 21. (i'm 19 now and got my licence a year and a half ago).

They start taking staff cadets between 16 and 17 so i think your unfortunately too old to be one.

I act as a go between (cadets - pilots) and in return i normally get a flight a day.

I'm interested in the shared flying though at wolv. bus. airport.

email me if you want to do any. see you around.

Cheers :D

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: rahaney ]

Mr Tickle
27th Nov 2001, 23:51
Edited because you posted while I was writing my reply. I will email you about some flight sharing.

Rote8 will also drop you an email in case you also fancy sharing a flight any time. Could take it in turns flying out of our home fields.

Cheers
Mr T.

:D

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: Mr Tickle ]

rahaney
27th Nov 2001, 23:55
Will do Mr Tickle.

What are the prices invovled?

Email to [email protected]

(and put yours in too for me to reply out of pprune)

Anyone else is also v.welcome if they are in Bristol or Shropshire. I just need the cash now
:D

Mr Tickle
28th Nov 2001, 00:07
Tried emailing you but get an error message saying there is no yahoo account set up in that name.

Drop me an email to [email protected]
and we will get something sorted out.

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: Mr Tickle ]