PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Coventry for the Atlantique sponsorship? Help!

BAcrew
16th Jan 2001, 11:35
Greetings all...I'm off to do the interview for Air Atlantique's partial sponsorship next week (on Monday 22 Jan) and really need a lift to Coventry. (No car, and trains can't get me there by 0900) Was therefore wondering if anyone else could offer me a lift. I'm happy to contribute for petrol etc. and as am in the London area can get to the surrounding areas fairly easily (especially if you're on the tube). Drop me an email on [email protected] Cheers, BAcrew

Crashlanding
16th Jan 2001, 15:45
Sorry im not down till the friday. And im in Notts.

Tubbs
16th Jan 2001, 20:46
I'm there on Wednesday so I can't help (wrong bit of the country as well!). Any views on what's in store for the interview? (No Mr Margesson, I'm not trying to cheat. Just need a general pointer as to what's expected of me!)

BAcrew
16th Jan 2001, 22:18
Well, thanks for the thought guys. May see you training in South Africa in a few months...(NB AA are only taking four through this stage-fingers crossed)

Tubbs
17th Jan 2001, 13:49
Can anyone recommend a B&B close to the airport?

Ta

Crashlanding
17th Jan 2001, 17:32
BA Crew were did you get the number of 4??

All there litriture suggests approx 8 a quater. And the day I was there they also suggested around that number.

<:-)

iquno
20th Jan 2001, 15:33
From what I've heard this new PASTS scheme sounds a really good deal. Seems like AFT are responding to the forecast of a shortage of pilots and companies wanting to employ low hour pilots who will want to stay with the airline they are placed with for a while. Personally, having experience in the aviation industry myself, this new scheme strikes me as having a great deal of foresight. All those who get on this scheme should think themselves lucky. Could be some very good jobs at the end of it!!

isobar
20th Jan 2001, 16:54
I did my IR renewal at Coventry and stayed in a B&B nearby. It is about 10-15 minutes walk from the airport.
Just bear in mind it is located at a very large and busy roundabout just underneath the approach path of 23. Personally I didn't find it a great problem.

It's called:
Glengary guesthouse
Tel. 02476 305 804
If I remember correctly it is about £20-25 for a single room per night.

Good luck with the interview
Iso

Tubbs
22nd Jan 2001, 13:15
Is it me or does iquno sound as if he/she is an interested party giving the PASTS scheme some free positive pr? Registered 20th Jan, 1 posting?? Or am I just being horribly cynical?