PDA

View Full Version : Alcatel/bluetooth problem

Cornish Jack
7th Jan 2017, 12:12
SWMBO has an Alcatel One Touch 2012g - she has difficulty with the touchscreen type phones. She also has problems texting, so I bought a Logitech K480 Bluetooth keyboard to make things easier. Keyboard works perfectly with other phones (Nexus, Huawei) but although the Alcatel recognises it, it refuses to complete the 'pairing'. The keyboard is seen and the pairing code is provided, but when the code is input the result is a green tick followed immediately by "phone disconnected", or somesuch. The K480 works instantly with both of our PCs and the other phones but not the Alcatel. VERY little help on the 'net ... any suggestiuons, please?
TIA

le Pingouin
7th Jan 2017, 14:46
Try unpairing every device you've paired with it. I note the keyboard has three channels - have you tried all of them? I also note it has a button to connect Windows/Android/Chrome and another for Apple products (why separate buttons I wonder?), so have you tried both buttons?

Cornish Jack
7th Jan 2017, 16:46
Thank you Le P.
I have tried deleting all the Bluetooth paired items both on the Alcatel and the K480 - same result. Similarly with all three channels on the 480, plus the same result on a further single channel Bluetooth keyboard. Both the keyboards work perfectly with other phones, so the problem would appear to be solely with the Alcatel. Having said which, the basic pairing process proceeds satisfactorily (keyboard is recognised and a pairing code is generated) but instantly changes to disconnect once the pairing is complete - puzzling and quite irritating:sad:
I have, also, reset the Alcatel to original factory settings - still no joy. The joys of electronic wizardry!
The second button is to accomodate Apple software as distinct from Android.

messybeast
8th Jan 2017, 01:33
CJ

I suspect that you won't be able to pair them successfully. The Alcatel appears to have a proprietary operating system and, looking at the manual, only supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile, (for connecting to a hands-free speaker or headset). The K480 requires the HID Bluetooth profile.

All modern PCs, Window and Apple, support HID, as do iOS and Android. I assume your Nexus and Huawei are using the latter?

le Pingouin
8th Jan 2017, 03:04
I've never had to troubleshoot Bluetooth so wasn't aware of the different profiles - very useful thanks MB.

Cornish Jack
8th Jan 2017, 10:31
Thank you from me also, similarly unaware of the software difference. Looks like SWMBO will be getting another phone.