PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines International Cadet Scheme

BobsCousin
5th Jan 2017, 11:33
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned on the site yet. Looks like Singapore Airlines has started accepting international applicants for their cadet scheme. You get an allowance during training, though are bonded for 7 years. I'm sure there will be some tough competition.

Singapore airlines (http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/careers/cadet-pilots-career/)

Officer Kite
5th Jan 2017, 14:49
Saw this yesterday, for international candidates it may be worth it, I don't know how many they're picking but travelling all the way to Singapore for the individual stages to receive a PFO email doesn't interest me (that's me being realistic, not pessimistic ... think Etihad 2009) ... BA etc provide the finances to be able to afford it at home with quite a real chance of success.

Aero11
7th Jan 2017, 11:58
How long does SIA normally take to get in touch with the applicants? Do they notify you if you're not shortlisted?

Thanks.

pfvspnf
7th Jan 2017, 22:52
There are thousands of applicants , a lot of locals already . You will be the last priority if you are an international applicant . Could take months and most likely your application won't be answered.

Just being realistic , if you do get called, well done and good luck

Bloated Stomach
8th Jan 2017, 00:05
That application took ages - Let's see if they call us Europeans with Airline experience.

Seosan
8th Jan 2017, 01:03
Out of interest Bloated, why would anyone with airline experience apply for an ab-initio programme? It still cites Singaporean PR as a prerequisite for DESO.

Rush2112
8th Jan 2017, 01:17
I am not in the industry, but I have lived here for 13 years and am a frequent flyer on SQ so I was attracted to the thread title.

It is increasingly harder for any employer to employ foreigners here - most industry sectors have quotas of locals to those needing an employment pass of some sort, and very few applications for Permanent Residency are approved these days.

As pfvspnf notes, international applicants will be last in the queue. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but the reality is getting any sort of job here let alone an attractive one is going to be tough.

heshcityboy
8th Jan 2017, 09:36
As i know, So far no Singaporean PR has been called for the interview, as first priority is given to the citizens. international applicants will have to wait for a long time to get answered :}

Futurepilot10
8th Jan 2017, 14:42
What is indian equivalent for polytechnic diploma or degree, as mentioned in their requirements?

Thanks in advance!

777fordays
11th Jan 2017, 21:27
Does anyone know what kind of profile information they are requesting? All I see is a place to submit a cover letter so are they just requesting a cover letter about ourselves and our experiences in aviation?

Aero11
3rd Feb 2017, 05:26
Any folks from India, got any response?