PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 2000 PFD problems

f2th
7th Jul 2002, 13:11
We experienced a simultaneous failure / self reset of both PFD's on one of our Falcon 2000's. S/N 133. This failure lasted less than 5 seconds. This phenomenon remains unexplained and the aircraft is still grounded pending an explaination.
Some months ago, this same aircraft experienced a momentary simultaneous dual generator / bus failure (in Flight Normal mode). This too remains unexplained.

My questions are:

1. If the "impossible" happens, does this compromise the airworthiness of the type?

2. Has any other operator experienced something similiar?

If anyone has any comments, I am equally happy to discuss it via the privacy of email.

Thanks in advance.

320DRIVER
7th Jul 2002, 17:39
Troubleshooting is best left to the techs on the ground. From my general background, it appears that the two separate incidents you mention are interrelated.

First thing to look for is to see which bus powers each PFD, and then, if there is a link between the Buses, i.e. some sort of Transfer Bus and I would start looking there.

Having said that, I just want to reaffirm that I am not familiar with the type you mention but this is just general info.