PDA

View Full Version : Air Excel crash Sasakwa?

MrNosy2
4th Jan 2017, 08:49
Reportedly an Air Excel Cessna 406, (5H-WOW?) has 'crashed and burned' while attempting to land at the Sasakwa strip. No reported fatalities but a number of the occupants are said to have been badly injured. Not seen any other details of the event.

LESBer
4th Jan 2017, 16:19
This how we help our beloved industry, by spreading the wrong info at the early phases. I don't know that much about the accident, but I do know first hand from the lodge the airstrip serves that it was on take off and that the plane caught fire. Rather not say anything at all about an accident unless you have first hand info or an official investigation result is out. Pilots, always shooting ourselves in the knee.

Foxcotte
4th Jan 2017, 19:32
The rumour mill is reporting that it was 5H-WOW, at Sasakwa on a wet runway. But taking off. Early reports have it that the passengers heard a stall warner on lift off - and aircraft stalled into the ground. Passengers were only walking wounded, and pilots in Nairobi hospital with non-critical injuries. Plane caught fire and is reported to be a total write-off. But all is hearsay at this stage - still waiting for more definitive information.

MrNosy2
5th Jan 2017, 09:14
Thanks guys and glad to hear that pax and crew were not too badly hurt. Hopefully they'll all make a speedy recovery. I take the point about 'spreading the wrong information' but, until now, the only info in the public domain was from the local press which reported it as a 'landing' accident. By default I always assume that media reports will be more or less wrong but.....

Phone Wind
6th Jan 2017, 09:28
Wolfgang press reports that at least one passenger is reported to be in a critical condition and 3 aircraft from Flying Doctors were involved in the medivac
https://wolfganghthome.wordpress.com/2017/01/06/narrow-escape-for-tourists-as-their-plane-catches-fire/