PDA

View Full Version : easyJet Network & Planning

AvGeek1
2nd Jan 2017, 14:30
I am a 17 year old A Level student. I am highly interested in working in the easyJet Network & Planning sector at Luton in the future after my A Levels. I don't necessarily want to go to University, and I am really struggling to find information about how I can get into easyJet without a degree? I know I might not necessarily get a good role to start with but anything to get into the company and work my way up would be good.

Any advice or information?

LGWXOPSA
3rd Jan 2017, 11:02
I would keep my eye on the careers site for any jobs that are assistant level such as Ops assistant or Crewing assistant. These are two very good entry level positions from which you can progress.

Brgds

AvGeek1
3rd Jan 2017, 22:27
I would keep my eye on the careers site for any jobs that are assistant level such as Ops assistant or Crewing assistant. These are two very good entry level positions from which you can progress.

Brgds

Yes I have seen the crewing assistant role which I think I would enjoy, but will GCSE's, A-Level's and 1 year of experience in customer service be enough to get through the door? This is my dilemma? Luton is 30 mins away so I really want to get into easyJet and British Airways down at Heathrow is too far. But to my knowledge they only offer apprenticeships for engineering?

Mr Angry from Purley
9th Jan 2017, 19:35
Av Geek1
A lot of Airlines are now wanting graduates and a degree in maths and this and that even for such jobs (for whatever reason)
For Crewing you need the ability to priortise, work under pressure, add up hours n minutes, common sense and be able to deal with that species called Pilots (and less so Cabin Crew)
I've been trying for years.
Crewing or Ops is a great way to get in and start your career and once in then other opportunities will follow
Good luck!

Right Way Up
11th Jan 2017, 08:37
Hi Avgeek

Would also recommend crewing as a starting position. I did it before becoming a pilot and it is great experience whatever part of the airline you end up in. It is a great place to hone your people skills as you will deal with all sorts of attitudes ;)

LGWXOPSA
17th Jan 2017, 10:47
@AvGeek1

all you can do is try my friend.

Cheers