PDA

View Full Version : Medicine Hat, Alberta

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
29th Dec 2016, 22:20
Can anyone help with advice on a decent place to rest my head in "The Hat" please ? I lived there until 30 years ago and haven't been back since, but am now planning to return for an overdue holiday to visit bars and friends I have kept in contact with.

Posted this on Night Stop and was advised to try here.

Cheers,

NEO

PacWest
31st Dec 2016, 05:29
Hotels?

medicine hat hotels - Bing (http://www.bing.com/search?q=medicine%20hat%20hotels&PQ=Medicine%20Hat%20hotels&SP=1&QS=AS&SK=&sc=8-19&form=BB07SS&pc=BB07)

`

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
31st Dec 2016, 15:39
Thanks. Already did Google and Trip Advisor but was after a personal critique.

NEO

altiplano
31st Dec 2016, 18:53
You should check with your friends in the Hat what the latest and greatest is.

I stayed in the Days Inn a lot in the Hat but it was like maybe 13 years ago...

They had a free breakfast... and not just the continental kind... even with sausage patties and egg fluffos. You just had to toast an English muffin and you had a breakfast sandwich just like that... It was pretty sweet.

777Goose
1st Jan 2017, 06:30
I just stayed at the Holiday Inn on the East side, south of #1. Newer hotel. I used points and got a double room. large bedroom with king and jaccusi. Main area kitchenet, queen and sofa bed. Worked well for 5 adults. Not the crowne plaza but most other hotels were built before you last left.

rigpiggy
1st Jan 2017, 16:54
Kijiji.ca look for rooms to rent or b&b. Talk to super t, they helped my buddies kid get a space while doing his if rand commercial

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
3rd Jan 2017, 16:43
Thanks guys. The Holiday Inn is looking like the place for me. I'm only going to be there for a week and I've got more than enough points for a nice upgrade.

NEO

albatross
3rd Jan 2017, 17:45
See I told you some folks would be along to help.
Humm ...Medicine Hat in January. Brave Man you!
Pack some warm clothes. LOL
Could be worse you could be going to Cold Lake or Alert.
Cheers

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
6th Jan 2017, 10:48
I'm going in May !

NEO

albatross
6th Jan 2017, 13:49
Good plan. Have fun.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
12th Jan 2017, 00:16
I hope so ! I wonder if the "Sin Bin" still exists ?

NEO