PDA

View Full Version : Echo Air Selection Process

PFDriver
29th Dec 2016, 13:56
Ladies and gents,

Does anyone have any information about this company? They started accepting applications a couple months back and they are now e-mailing candidates asking for personal details, licences, etc..

Looked it up online and all I can find is the website and facebook page, no fleet, no current operations (at least that I could find). They also mention a paid interview during the process, most likely in Dubai.

P40Warhawk
30th Dec 2016, 11:01
Ahhhh. Sounds like Skies Aviation new Start Up.

To Many Red Flags already. Dont ever paid in advance.

Turbavykas
30th Dec 2016, 11:38
NON-TR positions are removed now. But they plan to fly 767 and one A320. I wonder anybody will hire first timers on wide body directly! Pay in advance is really suspicious! Do you know the amount?

PFDriver
30th Dec 2016, 12:57
I applied for Non-TR and I got an e-mail asking for more details. I dont know anything about them, prices are not even mentioned anywhere. As you said, I too dont feel comfortable with this. Does anybody know anything else about them?

eimin
3rd Jan 2017, 14:06
3900aed! about 1000 euros to attend an interview...

MikiMiki
4th Jan 2017, 15:40
Same to me, They asked me from 1000 to 1400 Euro for the interview in advance that includes hotel, transfer, interview fees.
But I'm looking for more information too..Any other information?

Canetas
4th Jan 2017, 16:44
Same here, and you've to pay for the trip.....

PFDriver
4th Jan 2017, 18:00
Assessment fees are between 3900 and 5100 AED (non-refundable if you withdraw in writing less than 30 days before the date), and training costs are initially covered by the company. You are bonded for three years during which 25% of your salary is kept by the airline to cover your training costs.

MikiMiki
4th Jan 2017, 18:06
I just wrote to one guy that has reply in one Echo air's facebook post, where he wrote that he check with IATA and this company is suspended.. here below the conversation:

Hi Omar, I saw that you reply to Echo Air that they are suspended..
Did they call you for an interview?

Yes they sent me an email to mentioning some fees so I can attend the interview, when I contacted the IATA they advised that they are not registered as this company was suspended
So this is definelty a spam
And they also mentioned that no company has the right for any interview fees
thanks very much!! you save me and my money..^^
same to me today...

Yess,,don't pay them anything,,,I'm so frustrated dude,,I was like finally there is a vacancy and I was shortlisted then I had some doubts about it
Mee too.. too quickly the answer.. and no one information in internet about them..
same in europe.. no job for low hours pilot..

Yes we all have that same problem
Well, I'm glad we found out it's a spam
thanks very much and good luck!

Thank you, you too

BoeingMan1
17th Jan 2017, 06:19
It happened to me as well, I asked them if they can provide me with a supporting letter to get a visa, they never answered that question no matter how many-times I've emailed them

I phone called them on their phone number
which you'll get an answering machine telling you they are busy answering other inquiries, leave your name and number and they'll get back to you ((something they never did))

I've sent a friend of mine and he said IATA didn't check in for them, it's not registered, if it's not registered it means they don't have an AOC, if you don't have an AOC, it means you can't recruit, purchase planes, sign contracts of services.....etc
they've asked 3800 AED

Now I've on big thing that makes me feel dizzy
that's the Bank account and info? it looks real and genuine

finally, how can we help others not to get busted by those crocks? how can we report that to the UAE authorities to help illuminating such a threat in the aviation community? ideas please

zubairways
17th Jan 2017, 12:21
I've reported these guys to the UK CAA Whistle-blower line. They are looking into this Airline and will get back to me sometime next week. I checked the registered domain address on whoisinfo. I turns out that the domain is registered in Amman, Jordan. They haven't bothered assigning a name to it either. The English in some places i.e on the contractual agreement is poor. I had a friend who at present lives in Dubai to drive over the Ras Al Khaimah airport, the airport duty manager has never heard of the Airline/Company ever before. The website seems to suggest that they are a recruitment consultancy firm, which is fine, although they don't have any affiliations with other airlines.
I think by doing what they are doing they aren't breaking any laws as such. You're simply paying 3800AED-5000AED for a Assessment day of which they pocket 60% with no Job at the end which contractually they aren't obliged to offer you.
Stay Away Guys!

pfvspnf
17th Jan 2017, 21:06
Why are people such fools ? Skies aviation , Captain M and his friends, these swindlers have been known for a long time and yet people choose to pay.

If you need help getting the money back PM , after reading you the riot act we might be able to do something

AKflight
18th Jan 2017, 13:09
Best pilots, I got the same email as you do... After reading your comments is indeed sad, but almost got something strange previously that when I got mails like that now, I verify 1000X times before anything.
Indeed now I will contact BCAA to advice them of the spam.
Thank you fellas pilots!

AKflight
18th Jan 2017, 16:09
And for the people who has been contacted, what is your candidate ID code? in case is the same, then we already know it is a fake. Mine end with 7.

AKflight
18th Jan 2017, 22:08
So my last 3 numbers are 317, just to make sure it is the same. Since we already have one common number, to reduce the probabilities.
Is indeed enormous that you could get an email from them without even applying.
I wish you already the best for your ATPL! ;)

pfvspnf
18th Jan 2017, 22:33
Have you people lost your minds ? If you sent them money you deserve to be scammed

eimin
19th Jan 2017, 05:39
Guys... stop considering wether it is a scam or not. Clearly is. No AOC no job, simple as that. Its a ghost company, carefully designed to look real, but big scam.

No Fly Zone
19th Jan 2017, 07:29
@MikiMiki and others,

Don't be a fool. You were not short listed for anything except the SUCKER LIST. Walk away from this! NFZ

PFDriver
20th Jan 2017, 04:23
We might as well send them some nice roast beef recipes by e-mail and have some fun with the replies...no job either way right? :D

Honestly I believe it's more than confirmed that it is a scam indeed, case closed.

Good luck everybody!

PS - My last digit isn't a 7

pfvspnf
24th Jan 2017, 02:50
They are even advertising on social media now, those of you who sent the deposit could you please PM me.

milomelki
25th Jan 2017, 18:10
hi everyone,

I just been contacted from this company via email asking me to sign an agreement form and to pay an assessment fees....

xamil
25th Jan 2017, 22:32
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I have sent back the signed agreement. Am i forced to pay now?
Is there anyway i can cancel this?

thanks

pfvspnf
26th Jan 2017, 09:07
Yes you should ignore all the advice and go pay the fees

PFDriver
26th Jan 2017, 11:32
Who would need a friend when we can find such a ferocious one online, huh?

Xamil, not having an AOC they're theoretically not entitled to recruit or assess you (this is my understanding of what's written above) which pretty much makes the whole thing illegal from the start. I would give it a few more days and see if anyone here has a better idea or explanation, if not I would seek legal advice.

xamil
26th Jan 2017, 11:48
Thanks for your help PFDriver. you restored my faith in humanity.. (or in the forum :) )

I was speaking with a lawyer and sent a cancellation email.
let see what happens

PFDriver
26th Jan 2017, 14:40
As per the contract you have to pay them nothing as long as you withdraw more than 30 days in advance.

Don't get me wrong, I still think you should be slapped to death by a mad elf solely based on the fact you agreed to pay such amount to a company without even researching enough about it first :D But of course it isn't that simple, we all make mistakes and I've been helped before too!

Good luck

xamil
26th Jan 2017, 15:12
you are absolutely right.
i have learned the lesson

kariz37
26th Jan 2017, 20:47
got their email-tracked their ip its in jordan
they need someone to fly a 767 or a320 with 250 hrs
they dont have a specific date for the screening process
they dont even have even a little bit of their info on social media

A BIG NO GO ZONE!!!

pfvspnf
26th Jan 2017, 20:57
Has anyone ever spoken to these guys on the phone ?

ozzyair
1st Feb 2017, 05:08
We have received a lot of question regarding this opportunities and reviewed some contract, as well as contacting the company.

1. From their websites, echo-air is not an AOC nor a UAE GCAA (http://www.gcaa.ae/en)AOC Applicant to date (Feb 2017) , and the offer is for the assessment not job offer, legality is not clear, the Office and phone is not handle by the correct representative and different city with the office

2. I have been contacted with at least 5 pilots and some of them (sorry to say, Paid), we reviewed the contract and clearly it is an assessment and not job offer, you should carefully review the contract and ask further questions.

3. There are many realiable sources worldwide and in UAE the job websites who have access to all operator is flitejob.com (https://www.flitejob.com) and we clearly inform them No Money involve except some cases such as flydubai (http://www.flydubai.com)for self sponsored non type rating, where the non type rated pilot pay them self for type rating and no job guarantee.

I recommend you do not need to waste time to find out or contacting UAE GCAA or IATA as they are not an Airline, AOC or even registered aviation employment related agency. Do Not Waste your time.

I Appreciate the desperation on looking for flying, but I recommend do something else more usefull, Build up your knowledge(GPWS modes, or how TCAS work), play simulator game with real ATC environment, discuss around with other colleagues pilot who are in entry phase on what challenges they are facing.

Good Luck

ouiflight
2nd Feb 2017, 20:01
Hello Guys,

I recommend people who paid the fees for the assessment to report the scams via this website.

https://www.econsumer.gov/en/Details#crnt

P40Warhawk
3rd Feb 2017, 19:52
If you are so stupid to pay anything in advance for such shady outfits without any research, then in my opinion you are not fit to be a pilot mentally.

RUDice
20th Apr 2017, 09:59
Have you people lost your minds ? If you sent them money you deserve to be scammed

This is best explanation I've seen rearding these dream companies! All I can add, if the recruitment "company" has gmail or other free service accounts, forget it, that is not a company..

mamamia
21st Dec 2017, 13:38
Echo air is a fraud the guy who started this fraud had taken money from alot of people this guy is spending your money he estemaited to have collected 100000usd this company is regesterd in uae with no aoc and i have all the information about this guy met him in egypt totally waisted spending all your money and he was braging about how much money he made if you dont have his information i can help

jeffandsam
20th Jun 2018, 03:53
his name is Amro Alotaibi, owner of echo air.
he ripped off so many people, he is wanted in UAE for fraud.
I hired a private investigator , and found out
guy is a 40 year old loser drug addict who lives with his mom and dad.
Ip traced to alshmessani amman Jordan
give any lawyer his name in Jordan and you can sue him.

twiiter name pilotamro
Amro AlotaibiCEO at Echo AirRas Al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates

jeffandsam
4th Jul 2018, 17:26
his name is Amro Alotaibi, owner of echo air.
he ripped off so many people, he is wanted in UAE for fraud.
He is a 40 year old loser drug addict who lives with his mom and dad.
Ip traced to alshmessani amman Jordan
give any lawyer his name in Jordan and you can sue him.

twiiter name pilotamro
Amro Alotaibi