PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: New Moderator (And a few other things)

Heliport
7th Jul 2002, 00:40
New Moderator
I'm pleased to announce that one of our regular contributors has volunteered to share my workload moderating the forum. Like me, he will keep his original username for joining in discussions and will use a separate username for moderating purposes.
'PedalStop' is a professional pilot based in the US.
Although I've recently been appointed one of the 'Super Moderators' (what an embarrassing title!) with responsibilities for all forums, as far as Rotorheads is concerned PedalStop and I are joint moderators. There is no hierarchy - contact either of us as necessary.

Profiles
The forums are anonymous and you're free to say as much or little about yourself as you wish in your profiles. However ..........

Country
If it doesn't compromise your anonymity, would those of you who haven't done so consider revealing at least the country where you're based, even if you don't want to reveal the city.
It's interesting to see how wide our membership base has become and also, it can sometimes be relevant to the opinions you express.

E-mail addresses
I frequently get requests from members to pass on their e-mail addresses to other members with a request to make contact.
I realise some members have personal reasons for not disclosing their e-mail addresses, but if you can disclose yours without compromising your anonymity, it would be a help.
You can still retain anonymity by opening an e-mail account with PPRuNe - it's free. I keep one e-mail address just for PPRuNe messages and another for everything else. That seems to work well. You can use your 'username'@pilot.pprune.com

Aircraft type(s), Biography etc
Again, if you can give a little more information about what you fly, type of ops etc without losing anonymity, I think it would be of interest to other members.

I emphasise, these are just suggestions/requests - the choice remains yours.

Last, but not least ..........
Rotorheads is now widely recognised as the leading helicopter forum in the world. That success is entirely due to the consistently high quality of members' contributions.
Thank you. :)
And, if you have any ideas/suggestions for further improvement, please let us know.

Note: Profiles can be modified by clicking on the 'user cp' at the top of the page.

Heliport

PedalStop
7th Jul 2002, 00:59
Thanks, Heliport!

Pprune is a great place to stop by, and I am quite happy to help in some small way with its administration.

Let's all spread the word, and help keep Rotorheads the kind of lively, slightly raucous streetcorner/watercooler where a stop by is always fun.

PedalStop

:cool:

Thomas coupling
7th Jul 2002, 20:20
Welcome pedalstop.
Have you replaced Helidrvr?
Any chance of a modest resume from you...just to see where you're coming from..cheers...good luck :)

PS: for starters how about where u come from and what type(s) you fly!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShyTorque
7th Jul 2002, 20:47
Welcome PedalStop! Good luck, you are going where many have feared to tread.....:D

Heliport
7th Jul 2002, 21:30
TC
Yes, PedalStop has replaced Helidrvr who is no longer a Moderator.

Both my resume and PedalStop's already appear in some detail under the usernames we use when taking part in discussions. PPRuNe guidance, which most Mods follow, is to have a separate username for 'official' duties.
PPRuNe experience is that separate IDs work well. As Mods we have to be on best behaviour at all times - under our other names, we have more freedom. :D

PedalStop is American and has been a professional pilot in the US for 30+ years. He has extensive experience operating both mil and civvy helicopters, and now usually flies an S76.

Hope that's enough for a 'modest resume.' ;)

Thomas coupling
7th Jul 2002, 21:32
Thanks for that lads...