PDA

View Full Version : Using iPad to view PPRuNe

Black Pudding
20th Dec 2016, 15:33
I am using an iPad to look at PPRuNe, and it won't let me see it as the full site. Any suggestions please

c52
20th Dec 2016, 15:34
You've pressed the button to see the full site and it didn't work, or is the button missing?

Richard Taylor
20th Dec 2016, 15:40
Get a new iPad? :)

ATC Watcher
20th Dec 2016, 15:51
Hold on the button on the top right and keep it pressed until screen becomes black. Then press it again until an a white apple comes up . This works wonders. :E

LTAfan
20th Dec 2016, 15:58
I think you might be seeing the mobile version of the site. If you're using the Safari browser on your iPad, press and hold (don't just click) the page reload button (the circular arrow on the right-hand side of the URL window at the top). A menu will pop up saying "Request Desktop Site." Tap that, and the page should reload in the "classic" familiar view.

A couple caveats: 1) You will have to do this every time you visit PPRuNe, there doesn't seem to be a way to have it always appear in desktop mode. 2) Sometimes I have to do the "request desktop site" action twice, as for whatever reason it doesn't "take" on the first try. I have no idea why that is.

I hope this is of help, and good luck!

Lancelot de boyles
20th Dec 2016, 16:17
1). Scroll all the way down, until you see a grey button

view full site >>

Click, enjoy

2). At next visit, expect to do similar

my iPad randomly doesn't allow that button to work. Reloading the page also doesn't sort the problem. Closing that tab, and reloading pprune afresh does.
so it may be a iOS update issue?

ExXB
20th Dec 2016, 17:13
Full site sticks for me wth my mini. Need to reset it if I clear my cookies / history.

Oh, if you are browsing with Safari in private mode, you'll have to click full site every time, for obvious reasons.

safetypee
21st Dec 2016, 06:47
As per #6, #7,
The problem appears to be related to cookie setting options and clearing all history - Safari.
Using NeverAd blocker.

LTAfan
21st Dec 2016, 17:30
1). Scroll all the way down, until you see a grey button

view full site >>

Click, enjoy

2). At next visit, expect to do similar

my iPad randomly doesn't allow that button to work. Reloading the page also doesn't sort the problem. Closing that tab, and reloading pprune afresh does.
so it may be a iOS update issue?
Lancelot -- that sound you hear is me smacking my forehead. Thanks! I never thought to scroll all the way down. Much faster than my solution.