PDA

View Full Version : EVA oopsie

armchairpilot94116
20th Dec 2016, 14:53
2016-12-16 EVA Air B777 flew astray and close to terrain east of Los Angeles » JACDEC (http://www.jacdec.de/2016/12/20/2016-12-16-eva-air-b777-flew-astray-and-close-to-terrain-east-of-los-angeles/)

Someone didn't follow instructions or was ATC amiss or a bit of a situational awareness unawareness?

safelife
20th Dec 2016, 23:47
More like, SOCAL oopsie. :D

GoForIt
21st Dec 2016, 06:30
They both screwed up. I doubt she commanded a left turn, but she didn't correct it when he read it back. But then EVA continually fails to follow instructions. It is clear that lack of english proficiency played a part in this.

777pilotchina
21st Dec 2016, 10:57
EVA's Command upgrade might take as long as 5 years regardless of your experience as it works on seniority basis. Great Airline though!!

As for expats you can only join through an agency as they don't hire directly (Except Malaysians and Japanese). Further to that, you're seniority is counted as half in comparison to everyone else. For some reasons, only Malaysians and Japanese are hired directly with their seniority counted as 1 to 1.

I've met the nicest people in EVA, they have great instructors and I have far more respect for my Asian instructor than many of those that I had in the US or Canada.

Further to that, The Taiwanese people are very polite and smart.!!