PDA

View Full Version : Skype Interviews

Saint Jack
20th Dec 2016, 06:54
I'm sure you all know that being interviewed for a job via Skype is becoming more common and I had my first experience with this recently. Due to time zone differences it was done at 10:30pm my time. Despite the relatively late hour I found myself getting properly dressed, i.e. showered, shaved, clean shirt etc. Needless to say it seemed a little strange to do this just to sit in front of my computer. What are your thoughts? Are there any protocols, do's and don'ts etc. for a job interview via Skype?

Council Van
20th Dec 2016, 08:15
Despite the relatively late hour I found myself getting properly dressed, i.e. showered, shaved, clean shirt etc.Sounds like a good approach.

gbotley
20th Dec 2016, 21:36
@Saint Jack, you've gone about it the right way in my eyes. Having worked as a recruiter before we expected applicants to treat it like any other professional interview. Granted I wasn't interviewing pilots bet the premise remains the same in my eyes. I wouldn't stress, you sound like you've given a good impression there!

As a side, someone I knew of at university only dressed his upper half during a Skype interview and the interviewers asked him to stand. Safe to say on standing the interview was terminated. :ugh: Highlights the importance of dressing well regardless of the situation I suppose.

Basil Fawlty1
21st Dec 2016, 02:43
I'd have given him a job on the spot. Someone who doesn't waste time on unnecessary tasks is a great asset !

InColdBlood
3rd Jan 2017, 11:02
I Used shirt and tie with jacket and pants also big headphones for understand. I was alone in my room. it was funny e very friendly interview.