PDA

View Full Version : Heli africa?

Omantis
19th Dec 2016, 15:42
Hi guys and girls.

I fly in Canada and I'm taking a few months off to go backpack around southeast Africa(Rwanda, Uganda, Keny, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana and finally S.A.) and while I'm there I wanted to go and learn more about as many humanitarian and conservation related helicopter operators that fly in those fields.

If you know of any operators could you post or dm me of outfits in any of those countries that would be appreciated....!

Regards

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
19th Dec 2016, 20:11
Omantis,

Why not N.E. Nigeria ? Lots of humanitarian activity there.

NEO

Troglodita
19th Dec 2016, 20:23
Just leave your books behind!

They are Haram!

Trog

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
19th Dec 2016, 23:49
Thanks Trog ! Nah true-oh.......

NEO

Omantis
19th Dec 2016, 23:54
Neo, thanks man.

I'm open to anything that catches my eye. Do you have any names of organizations or companies...?

all i see is OAS hell...

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
20th Dec 2016, 00:36
Omantis,

You're not searching enough. Look for SA mercenary companies.

Cheers,

NEO

Troglodita
20th Dec 2016, 12:27
You could add Aleppo and Palmyra to your itinerary - might be safer!

Trog

evil7
20th Dec 2016, 16:05
Hallo O....

What NEO tries to point out is that you must be out of your mind to go backpacking where humanitarian organisations operate - because there are normally wars raging!!

Go strait to the SA beaches - a lot safer there😉 Have fun

victor papa
20th Dec 2016, 16:44
Contact Tropic Air based in Nanyuki Kenya. They do a lot of wildlife and humanitarian work with their 350B3's.

hueyracer
20th Dec 2016, 17:27
Kampala Executive Aviation are the only helicopter operator in Uganda, doing MEDEVAC and Humanitarian flights as well as other stuff.....

whoknows idont
20th Dec 2016, 18:36
I'm taking a few months off to go backpack around southeast Africa(Rwanda, Uganda, Keny, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana and finally S.A.)

You must be either a masochistic borderline suicidal adrenaline junkie or suffering from a spectacularly romanticised misperception about the circumstances in most of these countries. Either way you seem to be having an interesting take on risk assessment for a pilot.

Try this for starters: You Know Your Are In Africa When..... (http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/332353-you-know-you-africa-when-11.html)

chuks
21st Dec 2016, 11:24
Do not take anything that NEO tells you without enough salt to kill a very large slug! He has been known to lead many astray with his Delphic utterances.

Diogenes ... you remember him, that bloke that used to go about the Athens agora with a lit lantern in daylight, telling everyone he was looking for an honest man? After he got to Lagos he was looking for his lantern.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
21st Dec 2016, 13:10
chuks,

I'm hurt....... wounded even. ;)

NEO

garly1
21st Dec 2016, 20:39
Botswana is safe as houses, flew there a while back for Helicopter Horizons in the Okavango Delta, call in to their office in Maun and say gidday to the owner, Andrew Baker, top bloke.

Omantis
24th Dec 2016, 01:16
thanks guys, just looking for operators... not any other free advice.

RossBarnes
21st Aug 2017, 19:34
Any Updates/News from Omantis??

Same again
25th Aug 2017, 15:19
Canada are refusing to pay the ransom I hear.