PDA

View Full Version : Easy jet AQC + TR questions

Danieltorning
19th Dec 2016, 15:16
HI
I got an email from eayjet saying I am welcome to attendt one of their screenings, to log in to my application and book my assessment date from that page. But when i try it says: Sorry, there are currently no events available for booking. Please can we encourage you to continue to monitor your application regularly for further updates on available events.
Why is that anyone?
Thay havet planed any dates yet?

And also, in the notes of the application i read that if I'm accepted i have to do a AQC before starting my typerating. What is this?
3 weeks long it says?
This have to be completed before staring TR

Do u know that if u end up making it all the way, are u guaranteed job?
I don't want to spend all this cash on AQC and d perhaps TR and end up with nothing

Thanks!

P40Warhawk
19th Dec 2016, 16:40
Guy I know did this program as well. Waited 4,5 years for a job from that holding pool. He was not the only one who was in that holding pool for such a long time. Now he is flying for Aegean on the A320.
But in my opinion, extremely expensive program. Heavily overpriced and then you still have to pay 30-40K for Rating.

gbotley
19th Dec 2016, 18:00
Is this directly through easyJet or through the third party AQC+TR at CTC?

PFDriver
20th Dec 2016, 04:40
Is anybody here doing the CTC route 4? I'd like to know a bit more about it!

kindupnorth
20th Dec 2016, 13:34
Ive applied, still waiting

Danieltorning
22nd Dec 2016, 06:59
@gbotley its from the easy jet webpage but its the one when u already have the Atpl and ir me done elsewhere. ITs called AQC+TR and the interview was at easy jet ?
The email is from CTC so i suppose its the third party. its called route 4
Got any comments on that program ?
Thanks yet again

Cappe08
22nd Dec 2016, 07:10
Hello everyone,
got the same email yesterday but no website problems. I am waiting for an answer from recruitment just to confirm start and end times, because I am planning a one-day-trip from Italy.

Cheers

gbotley
22nd Dec 2016, 07:27
@Danieltorning,

I don't have any comments on the specifics of the program as I've not completed it and it's brand new. However, as a current cadet at CTC we all received emails about this program prior to its' launch. In essence the team told us that easyJet want that many pilots that CTC can't even fill all of the spaces with all of their Integrated ATPL or MPL cadets combined, of which there are many! With that in mind they've opened up 'Route 4'.

As I understand it, you will undertake CTC selection and those that pass will be offered a place. I'm not sure, however, if there is any easyJet presence at the interview stages or not as that was never confirmed. Given CTC's history with the airline being quite strong, easyJet's presence may not even be necessary who knows!

In any case I believe that the successful candidates will drop into the CTC system where Integrated cadets would after returning from Arizona / New Zealand respectively. You would have your CPL and ratings and would complete the appropriate Airline Qualification Course before then moving on to the type rating.

If you want an insight in to the selection at CTC, if indeed it is that one you will undertake, then check out the website link in my bio and look at the CTC Selection Tips pages.

I hope this helps you.

phil_socata
23rd Dec 2016, 03:16
Applied 10 days ago and was invited to the 1st assessment day. Keeping fingers crossed...

Danieltorning
23rd Dec 2016, 05:53
anyone done the AQC
I feel like it would be a waste of money if u don't pass the AQC, read somewhere that som guys do. What to expect?

Airone2977
23rd Dec 2016, 08:41
Attented the assessment day on 12/19/2016
Passed the PILAPT failed the numeracy and invited to come back in February 2017.
They scheduled the dates up to 6 weeks in advance, they don't give much of information so far.
Seems they are completely overwhelmed.

PFDriver
23rd Dec 2016, 09:41
Applied a little over a week ago and got the positive e-mail in the meantime but the website was showing no booking dates available at the time. How long did you have to want until you found a slot (for the guys who had the same problem)?

Airone2977
23rd Dec 2016, 09:49
I had one date available immediately after receiving the email.
Have a friend on the same situation, keep finger cross :)

tech log
24th Dec 2016, 02:20
anyone done the AQC
I feel like it would be a waste of money if u don't pass the AQC, read somewhere that som guys do. What to expect?

Week of CRM ground school.

Week of MCC = 5 four hour sims. Automatics.

Week of JOC - 4 four hour sims. All manual flight except when you're briefing.

In 737-300/737-700 FBS.

While the course is built around developing your non-technical skills it's also very much a marker of your suitability for type rating. How quickly can you pick up SOP's, procedures, aircraft technical knowledge, smooth manual flight, CRM, multi-crew ops. You will be pushed very hard with failures and wx and complicated lesson plans, lots of procedural instrument flying. Strange how often ATC Radar became 'broken' in that sim as soon as you asked for vectors :}

I did it early this year so it may have changed somewhat but one of the manual sims was LGW-STN at 250kts via a very complicated SID straight onto a STAR, with an engine fire and thick FG chucked in for good measure = very damp forehead!

It's perfectly achievable but you won't find many trainees who've done the course who won't say it was bloody hard work.

The thing with CTC is the training is very good, but it's delivered very quickly. You need to be able to keep up with the steep learning curve.

Mlambin
24th Dec 2016, 15:10
Thanks for those informations!

My main concern is: Do we get a job offer at the end of all this process if we succeed it ?

Turbavykas
24th Dec 2016, 19:05
Got an invitation email. But started to worry how to get finance for the training if I succeed??? It will be about 50.000 eur! Can I get a loan from UK bank? I am not a resident. Please advice if it's worth going to the interview!

tech log
24th Dec 2016, 20:44
Thanks for those informations!

My main concern is: Do we get a job offer at the end of all this process if we succeed it ?

Modular people have come in & done AQC, and gone to easyJet. My sim partner was one.

I think you have to pass selection with CTC to get into the modular hold pool, then do airline specific selection afterwards.

I think.

Call CTC and ask them directly. Get something in writing.

gbotley
25th Dec 2016, 11:23
Just to clarify some confusion, easyJet Route 4 is NOT the standard CTC AQC. On passing selection for Generation easyJet Route 4 the successful candidate will be provided a conditional offer of employment in the RHS of an Orange bus. So, if you pass selection to easyJet's standard and pass the course you're set to have a great career.

SOURCE: http://www.ctcaviation.com/courses/generation-easyjet-pilot-training-programme-route-4/

Good luck to all applying.

gbotley
26th Dec 2016, 10:35
As far as I'm aware, BALPA got involved a while back and positive changes were made with all parties. I would post the link as a source as I did above to back up my statement, but BALPA have changed their website recently and the articles have all gone with it.

As it stands, I've heard from cadets further down the pipeline it's in the region of £35-£45 an hour on Flexi and at Gatwick base the monthly summer pay can equate to £2500+ although I can't remember if that was before tax deducted or after them. I'm swayed towards the latter though as average salary is in mid to late £30k of some of them and Pilot Jobs Network highlights new entrant base pay as £40k on direct entry so it's probably most accurate. Of course, this is me joining the dots so I could be wrong in some places.

EDIT: To add to the above, trainees whom easyJet have based where flexicrew is not allowed under employment law are on a standard contract from day 1 but it may/may not be permanent with some being a fixed term deal for your first year or two.

byrondaf
26th Dec 2016, 18:21
gbotley you are pretty much spot on.

Flexi contract is £33/hour until 500 and then £43/hour (scheduled block hour)
take home during the summer doing 90hours/month was £2.3-3.5k average depending on hourly rate (based at LTN)

Salary works out to approx £33-35k for first year, then after a successful temp to perm interview, £41,320 SO contract. I've just finished 13 months on flexi so these are up to date figures.

gbotley
26th Dec 2016, 19:02
Byrondaf,

Great, thanks for confirming! Somewhat reassuring to hear that's the case given I will be hoping to join the carrier on finishing training at ctc in a little over a year.

Have a good new year, and enjoy your career.

tech log
27th Dec 2016, 14:44
Flexi is UK only btw. At continental bases you start on a permanent contract.

I'm told they're also thinking about getting rid of Flexi.

Officer Kite
28th Dec 2016, 00:34
Flexi is in Germany too from what I'm told

left_base
28th Dec 2016, 10:57
Salary works out to approx £33-35k for first year, then after a successful temp to perm interview, £41,320 SO contract. I've just finished 13 months on flexi so these are up to date figures.

Hi byrondaf,

Is it correct that after 2 years with easyJet on the flexicrew contract and a successful interview you will still only receive a SO permanent contract? If so, any ideas at what point you would be eligible to become an FO please?

SIB93
28th Dec 2016, 11:31
On the website it says

"Successful candidates will be provided with a conditional offer of placement as an easyJet co-pilot and a place on CTC Aviation’s easyJet Airline Qualification Course (AQC) - an airline approved Multi-Crew Co-operation/Jet Orientation Course (MCC/JOC)."

Does anyone know, what is understood by "conditional offer"?

tech log
28th Dec 2016, 12:20
Conditional on not getting more than one Slow rating in AQC.

AMS
28th Dec 2016, 19:06
Conditional meaning that if you have a successful AQC you are then progressed to a TR and on successful completion of TR and LINE you are then on the CTC contract for 2 years to fly for EZY

PFDriver
29th Dec 2016, 06:59
What are the characteristics of the CTC contract?

Danieltorning
29th Dec 2016, 07:47
Am I the only one having difficulties loggin on to my application ?

PFDriver
29th Dec 2016, 07:49
I managed to login just fine a minute ago

Danieltorning
29th Dec 2016, 07:59
my browser reads : Cant establish safe connection to server

copy/paste the direct link to the login page here so I can try again? There might just be something wrong with the adress i got saved perhaps ?

PFDriver
29th Dec 2016, 08:04
https://ema.ctcaviation.com/easyJet/CTCATP/login

UberPilot
29th Dec 2016, 15:15
The Italian contract is certainly one of the better ones. Last year all cadets were directly employed onto permanent contracts. Take home is roughly 4000 per month for SO, 5000 for FO and about 6000 for SFO. This is in part due to the Italian tax allowances for aircrew which means on average you lose about 20% off your gross.

Danieltorning
30th Dec 2016, 04:11
Thanks PFDriver. It worked just fine. I saved the login as a favorite on my browser but one day it just stopped working. Strange !

TheFlyingFrenchman66
30th Dec 2016, 08:04
I recieved "the email" yesterday. I'm invited to the next stage of selection. Anyone know how to prepare to the tests ? Thanks

gbotley
31st Dec 2016, 13:50
@TheFlyingFrenchman66,

Selection at CTC hasn't changed much in some time so Googling terms such as "CTC Selection Tips" or "Dibden Manor Selection Day" or even searching those same terms on the PPRuNe forum search facility, you would most likely uncover posts and blogs of cadets on this very topic.

I did the same prior to attending Dibden back in 2014 and they were of great help to me.

Have a good new year celebration and I hope selection goes well for you.

PFDriver
31st Dec 2016, 16:03
Waiting for an available date on their website since the 23rd and checking it multiple times a day, has anybody been able to book a date since the 23rd?

EZY_FR
31st Dec 2016, 19:47
Not all bases in the EU offer permanent contracts from the word go. Those who start in Germany aren't put on flexicrew contracts, they are put on fixed term contracts instead.

gbotley
31st Dec 2016, 21:47
PFDriver,

As hard as the selection team work, I can imagine they also wind down for Christmas and new year too :ok:

Check again in the New Year and I'm sure you'll find some dates :-)

PFDriver
1st Jan 2017, 18:04
Of course :)

I was expecting that to happen, just making sure I wasn't being too lazy checking the website :)

Danieltorning
3rd Jan 2017, 15:34
Hi Again

I got an invitation to the 10 january, I´m sort of busily all Januaryand will have a tough time making it. Does anyone have a clue how long u can wait before booking the first test day? I mean eventually u will just be kicked out i suppose?

Usually how long between the listed days anyone?

Thanks again

gbotley
3rd Jan 2017, 15:49
Have they given a choice of dates? CTC do that for their integrated programmes, but if they haven't this time then maybe they don't for the AQC streams. I'd try and make sure you can get to the date if you want a shot at the program. Or, give selection a call and kindly ask 'out of curiousity' if they have other dates available later in the month.

AlphaFloor45
3rd Jan 2017, 16:13
Same here.
Send application 30/12/2016 and received positive mail this morning. But only one date available, 10 january ...

PFDriver
3rd Jan 2017, 19:13
"To book yourself a place you need to log back into your application and create a booking using the links on the right hand side of the screen. Dates will be added as they become available. Select the event which suits you best, or wait until one that suits you is added. There will be more availability in the New Year."

Knowing that they will only stop receiving applications in May 2017, I bet you'll have more dates soon. If anyone else is booked for the 10th, please PM me :)

Wrightflyer1
3rd Jan 2017, 20:16
Has anyone else having problems logging back on?

PFDriver
4th Jan 2017, 00:22
Still working fine over here, try the login link I posted above somewhere ;)

TheFlyingFrenchman66
4th Jan 2017, 08:53
Hi guys, I checked this morning and I finally have a date avalaible, the 10th of January. I just have one problem. On the email they say :

"your ATPL exam results, which should include number of attempts and percentage pass marks for each subject"

Unfortunately in France, they don't give is the percentage pass mark. We only know if we pass or if we don't. What should I do ? Thank you

gbotley
4th Jan 2017, 09:12
Give selection a call and I'm sure they'll give you your answer rather quickly.

Hope this helps,

TheFlyingFrenchman66
4th Jan 2017, 09:27
I just called them and they told me " just bring something that said you passed, that'll be fine"

And she also told me more dates will be available in february. Good luck to everyone !

Airone2977
4th Jan 2017, 11:03
That isn't true anymore
Juste send an email to the DGAC and they will send a paper with your overall percentage.
It took me only 10 days to get the result

TheFlyingFrenchman66
4th Jan 2017, 11:10
I did send a mail to the DGAC, twice, never had any answer.

AlphaFloor45
4th Jan 2017, 14:41
Do you know if we have already MCC we have to follow MCC in the AQC ?

PFDriver
4th Jan 2017, 19:53
Yes, even if you already did MCC and JOC, you have to do AQC as per CTC/Easyjet standards.

tech log
4th Jan 2017, 20:10
I did send a mail to the DGAC, twice, never had any answer.

Call them then.

Do you know if we have already MCC we have to follow MCC in the AQC ?

Yes. My sim partner was modular and had already done MCC.

byrondaf
5th Jan 2017, 12:22
Is it correct that after 2 years with easyJet on the flexicrew contract and a successful interview you will still only receive a SO permanent contract? If so, any ideas at what point you would be eligible to become an FO please?

leftbase - it's 12 months on flexicrew and then you go onto the SO perm contract after the interview. Then 12 months on an SO contract you go to FO 75% and then when they need you they'll offer you FO 100%. At the moment guys are pretty much being offered FO 100% straight away when they're eligible but you don't have to take it.

PFDriver
5th Jan 2017, 13:10
Does anybody who's been there remember if CTC uses PEMDAS for their numeracy test?

Danieltorning
8th Jan 2017, 10:02
It reads that on day one u are invited to do PILAPS and numeracy test.

Is the pilaps just figures and coordination or does it involve Atpl. Some Airline preparations sites I´ve been looking at includes some physics and AGK (atpl questions) etc.

Is that something I need to prepare for the first day anyone? OR it comes in a later stage perhaps?

Thanks

PFDriver
9th Jan 2017, 00:41
As of my best knowledge, it does not include any technical questions. Just mental arithmetics, hand-eye coordination, etc...

Anyone going on the 10th?

TheFlyingFrenchman66
10th Jan 2017, 14:14
New dates are availaible guys, I'm going on the 6th of February

Mlambin
10th Jan 2017, 22:09
Any news about how it was today ?

left_base
11th Jan 2017, 14:39
Does anyone know of any candidates from a modular background that have been called forward for an assessment?

Thanks

TheFlyingFrenchman66
11th Jan 2017, 14:41
I am a modular student from France, I did my MCC/JOC in Dublin, and I've been called.

P40Warhawk
11th Jan 2017, 17:35
To do AGAIN MCC JOC and spend another 30k for TR?

Of course they call you.

PFDriver
12th Jan 2017, 00:47
I'm actually quite interested in hearing about cheaper options you clearly seem to know about better than anyone else here...

Is it ideal? No
Is it great? Hell no
Can you find better right now except for RYR or Aer Lingus? No

Grab those three answers, see it as an investment and go for it. As of right now EasyJet offers you one of the most solid careers in europe, 5 or less years to upgrade and a decent salary once you're flying on line.

It is far from being the best thing ever, I would prefer not to pay a single cent after my course, but we have to learn how to adapt to the times we live in. If you wanna try your luck for less money, go to Susi Air for example. Turbine time will help you after a couple years in there, if you wanna go straight to an A320 on the 21st century, there is a price tag.

Wrightflyer1
12th Jan 2017, 15:54
Has anyone applied for, passed screening or attended a selection stage of this route, completed their training more than 3 years ago?

paom
13th Jan 2017, 16:43
hi there, I'm on the 17th of JAN.
the ones that went on the 10th, any tips?

AlphaFloor45
13th Jan 2017, 20:45
I will be there the 6 feb !! Yeaaahh !

gbotley
14th Jan 2017, 11:16
@Wrightflyer1

This Route 4 is a brand new route in to the RHS at easyJet. Internal memo at CTC identified it opening due to such a significant demand from the company for pilots which it couldn't otherwise fill with the MPL/Whitetail courses.

This isn't from anything CTC has published and is simply my best guess, but I reckon any information out on the internet about easyJet and CTC will be representative of what you will experience within the program. I can't say for certain, but it's also my best guess pilots will start on Flexicrew, then SO grade (around 75% FO), then FO - in the UK at least.

Hope that helps.

rolioya
14th Jan 2017, 22:54
hi there, I'm on the 17th of JAN.
the ones that went on the 10th, any tips?
Hi, I´m on the 17th Jan too. Good luck!

padigs
15th Jan 2017, 06:31
Hi I also on the 17th

ntitek
15th Jan 2017, 09:32
Hi,
Also here the 17th. You all start in the afternoon ?

Bdavide
15th Jan 2017, 10:06
Hi,

I'm also waiting for an interview date, meanwhile which software/website do you suggest for the preparation to the assessment?

Davide

rolioya
15th Jan 2017, 10:12
Hi,
Also here the 17th. You all start in the afternoon ?

I am appointed at14:30h

zubairways
16th Jan 2017, 10:57
Ive just been sent an email inviting me to Day 1, am truly excited, lots of preparation underway. Lets hope this is the start to an exiting future with EZY.
At present there doesent seem to be any dates avaiable, although am guessing its a waiting game, anyone else had facing similar issues.

indi1988
16th Jan 2017, 12:24
Waiting for more assessment days to open up, too!

Does anyone know if this is a competitive assessment for a limited number of jobs or...'if you pass, you get on the course'?

zubairways
17th Jan 2017, 10:24
Good Luck to all those taking the assessment today.

phil_socata
18th Jan 2017, 23:49
Has anyone applied for, passed screening or attended a selection stage of this route, completed their training more than 3 years ago?

I was originally accepted and received an email yesterday that they cannot proceed with my application because I completed training more than 3 years ago - 3 years and 2 months, to be exact 😩...

AMS
19th Jan 2017, 10:58
So are you saying that if you have finished your training 3 years ago - you are not eligible for entry??

So what do you have to do to become current again? or do you give up?

This industry has never had a clear route to a job - it can take weeks to years -and less if you know the right people!

So why put these silly rules - esp when you need pilots?

Clearly airline driven and not CTC

Why people accept these rules and treatment beats me.....

The final kick up the backside is that on top of that you have to pay a very high price with low T&C's

Wrightflyer1
19th Jan 2017, 12:14
So are you saying that if you have finished your training 3 years ago - you are not eligible for entry??

So what do you have to do to become current again? or do you give up?

This industry has never had a clear route to a job - it can take weeks to years -and less if you know the right people!

So why put these silly rules - esp when you need pilots?

Clearly airline driven and not CTC

Why people accept these rules and treatment beats me.....

The final kick up the backside is that on top of that you have to pay a very high price with low T&C's

Yes guys, it turns out if you've finished your training more than 3 years ago then you'll not be accepted on to this course.

What this really says is, that the guidelines you adhere to set out by the CAA are to be completely ignored, in turn denying candidates the right to apply for employment. It offers no alternative - get to 3 years and you are obsolete.

Very disappointing - hopefully other options will be made available in the future.

In the email I received, they said that the £295 assessment fee would be refunded as a gesture of 'goodwill'. Goodwill? So, even though my assessment was cancelled to no fault of my own, and no pre determined requirements, I should be grateful to get my money back.

I would note that this update has not been added to any advertisement regarding the course as yet.

On another note - good luck to all those who have applied! Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

WestonFlyer
19th Jan 2017, 12:41
Still trying to get a date for assessment. I'll post if more come available

zubairways
19th Jan 2017, 12:52
You can give them a call, they will then notify you once a date becomes available.

WestonFlyer
19th Jan 2017, 13:53
Thanks a mill Zubair!

Mlambin
19th Jan 2017, 16:33
@Wrightflyer1 : same here! They will refund m because I finished more than 3 years ago and their client (EZY) want pilot that finished less than 3years ago.

I think I finally save that money because chances where extremely small when you see the amount of people called.

AMS
20th Jan 2017, 15:06
Training Requirement:

First series CPL*
First series IR*
Ideally no more than three ATPL subjects passed at second attempt

*Successful applicants must have completed their basic flying training (including CPL/IR) within 36 months of their easyJet AQC course start date. For this reason, due to the time requirements of the 2 stage selection process, we are unable to accept applications from those who completed this training more than 33 months ago. If you have a non-UK issued EASA licence which will require converting to a UK issued license, the training must have been completed no later than 30 months ago. You will be required to bring along proof of dates to selection

Mlambin
20th Jan 2017, 16:38
Thank you for this. I honestly didn't remember that part!

Wrightflyer1
20th Jan 2017, 16:42
Guys this wasn't on the original posting. I've a screenshot from the 12th of January which only had the first series CPL and IR on it. My icloud is playing up at present otherwise I'd post it. Their email does also state that EasyJet had only advised them after the initial screening

Mlambin
21st Jan 2017, 05:16
I like that better! It means that I can still properly read :-)

Wrightflyer1
21st Jan 2017, 13:39
Dear xxxxxxxx

You will recently have received an email inviting you to the next stage of selection for the above programme. We can see that you have booked onto this event on xxxxx. Unfortunately, we will be unable to fulfil this, as the airline has brought it to our attention that they require all applicants to have finished their basic licence flight training within the last 36 months.

We apologise for not highlighting this earlier, and I am sure this will be disappointing to you, but the criteria is set by the airline and as our client, we adhere to their wishes.

As a sign of good will, we are willing to refund your selection fee of £295.20. Please forward your Paypal receipt to us for reimbursement. We will also look to see if there are any other suitable programmes for you and will be in touch if we can progress you further. We would also encourage you to look at our website for any future programmes that you may be suitable for.

Kind Regards

CTC Aviation Selection

Wrightflyer1
21st Jan 2017, 14:44
Attempt to upload the screenshot

asian bus driver
22nd Jan 2017, 00:14
As a sign of good will, we are willing to refund your selection fee of £295.20
:ugh:

Also before this update they had a requirement of 2 A-levels C+ or a Uni degree and the usual 5 GCSEs but that's not the case anymore.

Bdavide
22nd Jan 2017, 09:29
Hi,

I'm sorry for the people who have done their CPL more than 36 months ago.

I have a question, do you know if during the first day of the assessment they will ask you some ATPL theory questions?

Mlambin
22nd Jan 2017, 13:09
According to what they say on the website, no. But as I been rejected for the 36mobths reason I can't be sure.

Wrightflyer1
23rd Jan 2017, 18:42
Haha - love this post! You've hit the nail on the head. We need gender reassignment!

I've just noticed that they still haven't refunded the money yet. Management must've started to malfunction when they realised they had money being paid out to pilots rather than being received. Or maybe they're scrambling around to see if they can retain it for another 'New and improved' course called Route 4a for the most dedicated and determined pilots who trained during the downturn in aviation, when there were no pending opportunities and have kept current for the past 4/5 years.

KayPam
25th Jan 2017, 21:45
Hello

Here is a copy paste of the questions I asked on the wrong topic

I now have questions about their route 4 (AQC and TR with CTC/EZY) : do they prefer CTC modular students ?
Do they plan on keeping it open for the foreseeable future ?

Is there any chance to join easyJet from a modular school (if so which one) without this route 4 ?

Would it be more generally advisable to choose the cheapest CPL+IRME and the most expensive MCC/JOC (outside of this route 4 programme)

Thanks

gbotley
25th Jan 2017, 22:16
I now have questions about their route 4 (AQC and TR with CTC/EZY) : do they prefer CTC modular students? Do they plan on keeping it open for the foreseeable future ?

I wouldn't have thought so. I know of a couple of people who have already been accepted on to this course whom all came from other schools so you have a good chance if you meet the airline criteria.

The whole point of this route (at least on an internal mail to all at CTC) was to assist easyJet with meeting their high requirement of pilots - 800+ by end of 2018. It would appear that not even the number of Integrated courses wrapping up is enough to meet this quota.

The opening date I can't comment on.

If you are anywhere near CTC's Southampton Training Centre or can get there, I'd highly recommend a trip down to this weekends open day. easyJet is the guest partner airline and I'd imagine they'll be focusing on this route - given it's one they have open at CTC.

PFDriver
26th Jan 2017, 01:27
For anyone wondering how things go with Route 4, here goes a brief explanation:

Phase 1 Assessment
Got to Dibden Manor around 14:10 and met with some other candidates that were arriving at the time. We then handed our documents and were taken to a conference room where we had a briefing about CTC, easyJet and Route 4 itself.

Later on we were taken to the "Test Room". You can read more about the specific assessment technicalities on GBotley's blog which helped me a lot! There are different softwares and websites you can use to prepare for this, I would advise you to do so!

After the tests were complete, we came back to the "Living Room" and as soon as we got the "all clear" we went home. Results were sent via e-mail the next day and fortunately, I was in for Phase 2. Day 1 was quite short and really relaxed, even though it was all new for us.

Phase 2 Assessment
This day assessed 12 of us, 8 MPL and 4 R4 applicants.
(Sorry if I don't go into much detail for the next part but we were specifically asked not to reveal details in public as a way to make sure they would be able to assess new candidates by the same standards they assessed us and that it was fair for everybody.)
The day started with a briefing about the program, how everything was gonna go and about easyJet. This briefing was given both by CTC and easyJet personnel.
Later on had we a meeting with a CTC cadet, which was quite interesting as it allowed us to ask some questions and share some impressions about CTC seen from the student's point of view.
The assessment exercises took place right after this and were separated by lunch.

Overall I found both assessment days really nice, CTC and easyJet members made everything they could to relax us and make us comfortable, tried to explain everything we had doubts about, and promised to look up any possible details they were not sure about. In the end it is a new program and it's quite normal that some things might be different to other CTC programs so far.
Looking back I see absolutely no tricks whatsoever and I'm sure that most people can pass it as long as you put enough time and effort studying easyJet, CTC and the Route 4 concept. I am honestly thrilled to board the easyJet family and I can't wait to start my AQC.

I wish you all the best of luck!

padigs
26th Jan 2017, 09:55
Thank you a lot my friend for this precious informations

TheFlyingFrenchman66
26th Jan 2017, 10:14
Thanks a lot PFDriver. Just one question. I'm training on latestpilotjobs for the PIALPT, but in your PM you said "Skytest" vas the best. Do you think I really need to pay another 80 euros for SKytest or latestpilotjobs is good enough ? Thanks

PFDriver
26th Jan 2017, 11:22
As I told you before I didn't use LPJ but only SkyTest which I totally recommend. I heard that LPJ's maths questions were a bit closer to the ones we found on the real assessment, but I really can't give you my opinion as I've only used SkyTest.

As with anything else, it's up to each and everyone's pockets.

TheFlyingFrenchman66
26th Jan 2017, 11:43
Ok thank you very much. I'll keep working hard for it, hope to see you around !

pilotxavi
26th Jan 2017, 17:25
Hi guys! I have a question about first mail and the confirmed assistance to an assessment, We need to fill some question in some attach document send in a first email?

Thank you for advance!

WestonFlyer
26th Jan 2017, 18:12
New assessment 1 dates available now. Anyone going on the 13th of March?

pilotxavi
26th Jan 2017, 18:15
Aps ok! I feel more relaxed but I think that in a email was an another mistake about assessment hour, my assessment will start at 12:30 and in the email puts "Don´t stay there before 14:00" or something like that.
I will be there on Feb 6th

PFDriver
26th Jan 2017, 23:03
Take the chance to ask both things in the same e-mail :)

P3Orion
27th Jan 2017, 09:13
Hello everybody!.

@pilotxavi I has the same doubt as the e-mail says something about attached questions which don't exists. I sent them an email few weeks ago regarding this issue and this was their reply:

"There are no questions required for completion prior to you attending your day 1 Technical Day.

Many thanks

CTC Selection"

I hope this solved your doubt.

AlphaFloor45
27th Jan 2017, 10:28
How many applicants is there by assessment day ?

pilotxavi
27th Jan 2017, 11:04
Thank you PFDriver! I will send them an email with my questions :ok:. I would like to do a question to you about the math test, because I have SKYTEST and there are some test thath can I do. Wich one is the most important to focus or wich kind of maths questions appears in the test?

Thank you again!

zubairways
27th Jan 2017, 11:22
Am also booked for the 13th March 10:30 - 12:30.

PFDriver
27th Jan 2017, 11:54
I've had PMs asking the same, posts in different topics...Even though i wanna help, I just can't go into specifics. If you go through GBotley's blog, you'll find every hint you need. The questions on the test are different anyway, so I would advise you to practice your mental arithmetics more than anything else, that will help you as it helped me.

voerot
27th Jan 2017, 13:39
PFDriver, How long time was it between day one and day two?
And how long did it take from sending application to receive an invitation to the assessment?

Jelena13
28th Jan 2017, 18:18
yep, 10.30-12.30

Can somebody tell which exercises are included in pilapt tests?

voerot
31st Jan 2017, 19:28
I'm going there on the 13th, 08:30-11:30.

carlox041
31st Jan 2017, 20:32
Is anyone attending the phase two assessment the 7th March?
They told me easyJet will send me an online test, does anyone know what is on that test?

fenny
1st Feb 2017, 10:42
Does the EZY AQC lead to employment with EZY or CTC Flexicrew?

zubairways
1st Feb 2017, 13:18
Fenny,
I think this very much depends on where you're based. Flexi crew is mainly offered to those on UK contracts. Other European bases will essentially offer contracts directly with EZY. (I am happy to be corrected)

vin2001
9th Feb 2017, 11:21
Has anyone heard back from stage one assessment on 6th feb... been 3 days

zubairways
9th Feb 2017, 11:46
I have purchased the "SkyTest" Application several days ago, it has served me well so far. It has a UK Pilot aptitude section which includes the grid concentration test, hands information processing test, ILS tracking test, Multidimensional Capacity Test, Pattern Recognition test. It also has a maths section which includes Math Word Problems, Mental Arithmetic, Number Series and Numerical Estimation tests. There are many other sections which I've briefly looked over. I've been thinking what the latest pilot jobs aptitude tests have been like and whether these sections are common across both providers. After all it would be nice to know which tests in particular we'd be tested for so that we may harness our energy in practicing the sections which mean the most.

vin2001
9th Feb 2017, 13:12
Hi - has anyone heard back from the selection day on Monday 6th Feb? It's been nearly 4 days and I heard they let you know within 24 hours after assessment?

AlphaFloor45
9th Feb 2017, 15:12
No ... no news ... also waiting an answer but 3 persons had negative answer within 24h after assessment.

PFDriver
9th Feb 2017, 19:07
You gotta calm down guys, sometimes no news is good news :) If the ones that failed received the results straight away, I don't think CTC would wait a month to say you failed. Sometimes they swear it will be the next day but they take three or four, it happened to me as well and I got a positive answer..

Be patient ;) and good luck!

vin2001
10th Feb 2017, 12:35
ha ha. Nervousness is driven by lack of opportunities on the horizon. I know a few people have been asked to provide additional information (flight school reports etc).... who knows.

frenchflyer_83
10th Feb 2017, 19:52
I have attended the day 2 assessment on Feb 2. Two guys got a positive answer on Monday 6. The others and I are still waiting. The candidate files are sent up to LTN for screening by the easyJet recruitment team. So many candidates, pilots & cabin crew. So don't worry if you haven't gotten an answer yet, they probably just haven't come to you yet :ok:

All the best :)

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 13:39
I was invited for the first test day on the 13th of mars, but I just got an email that they have fulfilled their seasonal induction numbers and no further courses will be scheduled for the foreseeable future.
Anyone else that received that email?

Although I am still invited for a test day for CTC ATP Flexicrew scheme if i'm interested. Does anyone have any thought about that programme? Since one doesn't get any employment and only get a place in the database...

AlphaFloor45
13th Feb 2017, 13:48
Disgusting ....
Do you think if it's a bad idea to claim a refund ?

padigs
13th Feb 2017, 14:01
I have also recieved the email. Crazy...

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 14:03
Have you decided if you want to try the ATP Flexicrew instead? I'm really unsure about it..

Lacondeguy
13th Feb 2017, 14:14
Same situation here.
Do we actually have the option of asking for a refund? Because if thats not an option it looks like we are stuck with that new offer.

vin2001
13th Feb 2017, 14:26
Just got an email to advise the program has been put on hold - I attended selection last week and have not been advised whether I passed or failed... just the generic email.... Do I get a refund?

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 14:39
Same situation here.
Do we actually have the option of asking for a refund? Because if thats not an option it looks like we are stuck with that new offer.
They should be able to do a refund I think...
Although I have plane-tickets for the journey there and back home that is non refundable... and I don't think CTC will reimburse those costs.

indi1988
13th Feb 2017, 14:43
Did anyone attend last Monday's day one assessment and pass? or did everyone get told that the program has been put on hold? I understand this for people who have not attended day one, but for those day one ... this is very strange.

carlox041
13th Feb 2017, 14:43
I received the email as well..
I got the interview the 7th of March, but I supposed is going to either be cancelled or just a hoax.

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 14:48
Does anyone know how the chances for job are if you are in the database, and how quick one may get an offer? Since the email states that placement opportunities may not be immediate.

TheFlyingFrenchman66
13th Feb 2017, 14:52
Got the email as well.

It's a joke. I worked so hard for this, paid 300€ in an assessement, almost 500€ on plane ticket, passed the exam and then, they tell me "oh yeah you passed, but we don't need you anymore"

Disgusting.

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 15:08
That really sucks!
When did you attend day 1? And when where you scheduled for day 2?

TheFlyingFrenchman66
13th Feb 2017, 15:09
Day one 6th of February, I was never invited for day 2 ..

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 15:13
And you aren't even invited to continue with the Flexicrew?

TheFlyingFrenchman66
13th Feb 2017, 15:19
Yes I do, but I don't really like the idea to do the AQC and then wait for a job

voerot
13th Feb 2017, 15:20
Okay, that I totally understand!
I haven been to the first day yet, but feel the same regarding not having any offer for a job before doing any courses.

carlox041
13th Feb 2017, 18:39
I wrote them,
Waiting for a reply!
is ******* unbelievable
want my money back

AlphaFloor45
13th Feb 2017, 18:40
I sent a mail to claim a refund.
Everybody, say thanks to ... MPL guys !
LOL ! Have you really believe that easyJet is full ? With only 2 assessments sessions ? Nooooooo !

KayPam
13th Feb 2017, 18:54
We all have to learn to get down on all fours, spread out, and wait to be :mad:

zubairways
13th Feb 2017, 22:07
Just when I thought, finally heres my chance with an airline job, an airline which offers great working conditions along with a training partner CTC who have been known for thier professional training regime have really disappointed all of us. I have to say this is the only industry in the world where we'd get treated like this and it'd be an ordinary day. Ive been in a full time job for the last 10 years and been training part time towards my pilots license for the last 8 years , including the most of us on this forum whove all worked very hard and made sacrifices to get to where we have, in the end you question wheve all come this far only to be treated like this. It needs to change.

bobairtool
13th Feb 2017, 22:41
Just got an email to advise the program has been put on hold - I attended selection last week and have not been advised whether I passed or failed... just the generic email.... Do I get a refund?

Same situation. I was there on Monday 6th for day 1. It's not even clear if I passed or failed... I thought it was a mistake really!
Did some of you guys receive a positive answer before this generic email?

AlphaFloor45
14th Feb 2017, 06:03
Nope.... I think we all received this mail ...
a mail with fake apologies ...

AlphaFloor45
14th Feb 2017, 14:43
You can ask for a refund, it works.

carlox041
14th Feb 2017, 15:45
I didn't recieve an answer yet.

PIL0T123
14th Feb 2017, 16:33
I pressume no one here is buying the statement that an expading company like easyjet, with 120 planes on order, dont need more pilots 5 weeks into 2017. So i must pressume CTC can fill what is requested with their own students.
Regarding the offer of taking the AQC and then be put in the ATP pool, which always will come behind their own students, does anyone have status on the amount of pilots in it and the positions being offered to these guys ?

frenchflyer_83
14th Feb 2017, 17:30
Hey guys,

Has anybody here attended day 2 selection already and is still waiting for an answer? It's been 12 days for me and still not a word..:confused:

bobairtool
15th Feb 2017, 12:06
You can ask for a refund, it works.

Hi jfab45,
Does the refund includes accommodation and travel as well or only the selection fee?
Thanks

AlphaFloor45
15th Feb 2017, 18:01
Only selection fee

WestonFlyer
1st Aug 2017, 12:41
Out of interest has anyone actually come through this yet and flying for easyjet or was it L3 (CTC) looking to make a few pounds?