PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Work on "The Matrix II

Gibbo
6th Jul 2002, 14:39
from the SMH today......
Sydney CBD caught in the Matrix
6:02 PM July 6
"A low-flying helicopter and camera crews are set to take over parts of central Sydney as location shooting begins on the two Matrix sequels."

Anyone got more info on this job? I have been out of town for a few months and am interested in the details. Which company, aircraft, etc?

I remember the first Matrix using the Hevilift B212 (I think?) to come up with some pretty spectacular scenes.

I was tempted to paste this on Dunnunda but could imagine the bored, disgruntled stiffies dragging it off topic into a debate about which airline was at fault for the Matrix being filmed in Sydney instead of Melbourne (or similar) :D

Anyone with details???

Gibbo

Hone22
6th Jul 2002, 23:54
Hi Gibbo,

Caught a bit on the news last night, seems like the abc AS355 chopper with the nose ball .

Part of the filming involves landing in the middle of town (hence the closed sections) the ac itself won't be in the film, just the footage (probably computer impose a super-duper sci-fi flying thingy there, or maybe just a different chopper:D )

There's bound to be a lot of other ac involved but only the landing in town was the news "highlight"

Where Ya been (hols somewhere warm:) )

paco
7th Jul 2002, 10:16
If it's a noseball, it will likely be the spacecam.

Phil

syd_rapac
7th Jul 2002, 23:39
From last night's news video

The film work was done by the ABC squirrel from Sydney using a nose mount camera.

Usually Gary or Richard flying it.

Syd

Hone22
8th Jul 2002, 01:20
Bang on Paco...........Spacecam.

Do you have any idea of speed/handling changes with the spacecam ( It looks like a fairly large installation, I guess a heap of weight aft for CG to start with).

I thought Wescam did a nose ball too, or was that more a chin ball???

Anyone (Paco) there with operational experience/stories with this type of kit??