PDA

View Full Version : Google hijacking your browser.

ExXB
16th Dec 2016, 09:27
I usually don't use Google for my searching but added the g! tag to a DuckDuckGo search today. After closing the search window I found a pop-up "welcoming chrome users" (which I'm not) and inviting me to take a survey. The only choice presented was OK. No way to decline.

I certainly did not want to take their survey, and there was no assurance it actually was google.

Closing my browser and reopening didn't work. Finally managed to open another tab and did a CNTR-close to close all other tabs.

Bar-stewards. They are aligning themselves with bottom feeding scum.

Gulfstreamaviator
16th Dec 2016, 10:18
same problem.............. what to do..................... hijack by CHROME,

Glf

Procrastinus
16th Dec 2016, 11:36
You could check to see if Chrome has changed your default browser in Settings, assuming you have Win 10 - Settings > System > Default Apps. If so, change it back and delete Chrome from your installed programs.

andytug
16th Dec 2016, 12:32
Also worth installing and running an anti-malware scanner such as Malwarebytes, just in case. Can remove browser "helper objects" as they're called and a whole load of other things.

ExXB
16th Dec 2016, 16:30
Nope, don't have chrome. Never installed it, never tempted either.

Avoid google like the black plague that it is.

gemma10
17th Dec 2016, 18:54
Never used Chrome, used to think it was bloatware. Now I know better it is Bloatware and it was always attached to everything you wanted to download. To me FF and DD GO are the safest. And don`t even get me started on BING. Fingers down throat.