PDA

View Full Version : SmartLynx

BYR
14th Dec 2016, 08:41
Hello,

Does anyone have some recent information regarding SmartLynx in Latvia, and more specifically on their self sponsored TR program on the A320? I got an email from them but it says employment is not guaranteed, so I'm wondering how big the chances are of getting hired afterwards.

Thanks guys!

spaflyer
14th Dec 2016, 10:05
Hi mate, I got same email... and same situation than you.

P40Warhawk
14th Dec 2016, 14:33
Yo guys. A guy from my school who flies in Smartlynx told me that all guys of last years training got hired after training. But some things changed. Dont know if this info I just wrote is still accurate.

Martin_123
14th Dec 2016, 16:17
as far as I heard foreign pilots don't stay there for very long. Nothing wrong with the airline or T's and C's, it's just that only one or two aircraft at any given time are actually based in Baltics. Given the nature of the airline, in any given year crew moves around from Tunisia, Vietnam, Spain, to UK and Poland etc, not everyone likes living on the suitcase and moving around from hotel to hotel. Thus they require quite a few pilots and if you are a decent pilot, they will not mess around. Selling TRs for wannabes without any job at the end of it is not really their business.. that's what the grape wine says anyway..

BYR
15th Dec 2016, 16:36
Appreciate your info Martin and P40

sonic31
25th Nov 2017, 16:46
If anybody concerns SmartLynx ATO Type Rating program as an option for their career start, the latest news are - this season company plans to train from up to 80 students, with only 20 to be offered a contract afterwards. Surprisingly, the price for the type has also increased.
Intentions are obvious.

Officer Kite
25th Nov 2017, 18:18
What has it increased to?

flap30vref
11th Dec 2017, 13:15
The price for type is 30k, appart acomodation and traveling expencies.

Before i don't know the price.

Michaleu
28th Jul 2018, 14:36
Hi guys! Be very careful, friends told me, that after getting type, three guys turned away only from one group in 2017. This is a big question about they are want a pilots or a students for a Type rating

dimk
31st Jul 2018, 09:52
Thats right, they dont guarantee a place with them after you complete TR. So think million times before you sign for it, price is really high as well.

Airone2977
31st Jul 2018, 12:24
So let me get this straight
You pay 30K upfront for the TR and 50% chances to get a contractor job ??
Just lovely, aviation is such a candy land !!

caravel
24th Dec 2018, 18:13
Did anybody here had the final interview with Smartlynx and could share how it goes about? Is it a full day screening or just an individual interview? Any info would be appreciated! :)

fflyby
28th Apr 2019, 21:38
There are a lot of pilots after bankraptcy of Small Planet. So SmartLynx has no real interest to hire young rookies. They are offer type rating for 30,000 EU and doesn't not have any plans to hire. It is just a way to earn money for the company. Tricky. This is their way to earn money.

whistling turtle
29th Apr 2019, 15:34
That's not entirely true, Smartlynx are understaffed at the moment and need pilots. People who do the Type Rating with them and do OK in the course will get work. It's a gamble but it's not a scam either

tecnamflyer
29th Apr 2019, 16:10
They needing pilots for 3-4 months in year only, rest of time you will be sitting home. Ask guys sitting still 5 months with no line training about understaffing situation. I am meeting many smartlynx cadets at BAA and hearing only about big delays for line training and months of no flying ... impossible you will develop like this as pilot. Go there only if absolutely desperate, but current market is not desperate market.

whistling turtle
29th Apr 2019, 17:04
That might be the situation now but its a charter company and the amount of flying pilots do there is dependent on the contracts they get. The High season is only beginning now for them with the summer. As there is always less in the way of contracts in the winter there is less flying being done and hence reduced line training. Also they only have 10 to 15 line training Captains. In recent years pilots were flying up to 12 months per year, it all depends on the market for ACMI. It's an airline not a flying school.

tecnamflyer
29th Apr 2019, 17:11
OK but do not come to here telling people there is understaffing and a shortage when it isn't the fact. People looking here for the entry positions, is not their concern if they are having shortage of line training pilots, for me even this company come to me saying we guarantee you job i would not sign. I saw enough from those who went already. Is not at all normal to stay 4/5 months no line training, school or not, that is not acceptable and is no justification for it. You are ready to train? hire, you are not ready to train? do not hire - simple. The one willing to throw 30,000EU type rating to sit 4+ months is having some issues, i don't speak about ones already went, they didn't know. From now though people knowing better and to be careful.

whistling turtle
29th Apr 2019, 17:15
Well they are understaffed and need pilots whether you like the fact or not. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you join them. If you don't like their terms and conditions then go find a job elsewhere.. Easy

whistling turtle
29th Apr 2019, 18:38
Well I guess you haven't worked in many airlines as I've seen it happen in more than one. It's not only specific to Smartlynx. There is a shortage of instructors everywhere..
I actually worked in Smartlynx a few years ago and I have friends still there so I suspect I am better informed about the situation there than you are. But you can take the information it or leave it, makes no difference to me.

whistling turtle
30th Apr 2019, 14:42
Why don't you go back and read what I wrote before instead of ranting like an idiot. You don't seem to understand how ACMI charter companies work. They have more contracts in the summer than in the winter so that means less flying or even no flying at times in the winter. Equally Smartlynx did a lot of flying in 2018 so a lot of the aircraft were getting C checks in the winter. Like most other companies out there they are short of instructors so needless to say that causes delays with line training. When I joined them years ago I was waiting about 3 or 4 months after the type rating to get called for line training. With other people it took longer. I've had friends in other companies wait 6 months or more.
Make no mistake about it when you work for an airline you are there to serve the airline and not the other way around. It's not a flying school.
I don't really care if people join Smartlynx or not, it makes no difference to me.
If someone wants to work all the year on a 5/4 roster then they should go join Ryanair.
As for BAA cadets I'd imagine that they are bottom priority in getting online as they are joining the company with no previous experience
The fact is the company is growing each year and they have a high turnover of pilots. Also the summer season is starting They are short of pilots and need more.
Deal with it.

whistling turtle
1st May 2019, 10:56
:ugh: learn how to read man

uberfly
10th Jul 2019, 17:57
Anyone in the company (or having current information) and can tell what would be situation in Autumn 2019 and Winter 2020. They have type rating courses in October and November 2019 however what I read from above and willing to know whether starting line training would be possible before spring 2020 in case of contract offer after TR. How about yearly flying hours, is it too bad as it is stated above regarding to Winter months?

Omis95
27th Dec 2019, 11:49
Hello,
does anybody have any info about the screeing day in Riga?
Should the candidate expect personal as well technical question during the interview?

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

Maxymus3
25th Feb 2020, 16:06
Hi Guys, has anybody attended their screening day recently and has some intel to tell to those who havent been there yet? I got in touch with Smartlynx at the Pilot Expo in Berlin last friday - seems to be a quite legitimate and decent company.
Looking forward to any answers

OldDreamer
26th Feb 2020, 07:02
I tried to apply sending an email but never got any answer. Do you know the correct ways to apply? The link in the PDF from their website doesn’t work...

Wertytg
26th Feb 2020, 09:51
A friend of mine applied on October and got nothing till two weeks ago, and he did all the online exam and so on, I've applied on january and got nothing.... so I don't know

Maxymus3
27th Feb 2020, 08:52
and now he got something in terms of they got back to him?

Maxymus3
27th Feb 2020, 08:54
I submitted an application at the smartlynx pilot expo booth in berlin last friday, then got an e-Mail on monday with a link to upload all required documents. The link worked, but only one time. I tell you as soon as i receive any further information

Wertytg
27th Feb 2020, 09:41
Maxymus3

he did the online assessment anda now is waiting for an answer anda if its positive he will go to Riga for a 30 min interview

Flexone
1st Mar 2020, 17:52
Hello,
i’ve heard that people doing their TR in February/March have to wait till October.
no occ till October.

can anyone confirm this information?

Thanks

mikee9
2nd Mar 2020, 19:34
where did you hear that ?? I did the interview with them last week

Scagrams
3rd Mar 2020, 08:00
There are OCC till end of May at least. No type rating after March though.

Wertytg
5th Mar 2020, 17:11
Did anyone apply this past moth and has recieved any answer?
And any information about future Type rating programs ?

Hogos
6th Mar 2020, 08:41
Do you guys know if there could be the possibility to work with them, alrready type rated, but less than 500h ?

Augis1999
6th Mar 2020, 09:15
I have applied with less than 500h, they stated minimum is 500 and declined my application.

misteredin2
3rd Feb 2021, 14:45
I’m about to apply for the A320 type rating course (for which you need to have previously obtained all the required ratings on your own) starting next spring. Two options are presented:
-option1: 29900EUR with “high opportunity to join as FO”
-option2: 35000EUR for a “guaranteed job as an FO”
Is anybody in the selection process with this airline for the same position?
Anybody already working with them? How is the situation at the moment?
Please answer only if you have FIRST HAND experience.

misteredin2
3rd Feb 2021, 15:25
are you one of them?

Wertytg
3rd Feb 2021, 15:40
I have a friend who was working with smarlynx, he was really happy, now he is waiting (he was layoff) for the call to start again, no date yet, so I will not pay 30k or 35k for a TR when there are pilots who worked there waiting to rejoin, also the tr last year was 20k, so keep that money in your pocket for now, and wait a little bit

Klimax
3rd Feb 2021, 18:23
Unfortunately it's commonly known, that some of these low cost, bottom feeder, airlines prefers taking onboard new low-time pilots, rather than holding onto their own, and make a profit off the new joiner paying for his type rating, while at the same time keeping the operating cost of down ((lower on the pay scale). So, as much as pay-2-fly is disgusting and sad in itself - and frowned upon in general - just don't be so surprise if the new joiner comes in before the pilots who were let go during Covid. Money first.

polskiland
4th Feb 2021, 19:52
Wertytg

This basically, guys who paid 20k still haven't done any line training or whatsoever

Hogos
4th Feb 2021, 21:05
Words in a contract are very important, since they say "job guaranteed" and I pay an extra 5k, there must be something different.
If I don't get the job, for whatever reason, why should I pay more than the others who are only "considered" for the opportunity ?

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
5th Feb 2021, 15:02
How can you call it a job? A job is when an employer pays you for your services. Paying somebody to sit in the front of their not so shiny jet is called exploitation. It would only happen in aviation. Can you imagine the rail unions allowing their members to pay for their training?

Rocket61
5th Feb 2021, 17:56
Hogos

Hi, welcome in to the world, I hope you had a safe journey !

More seriously, I doubt that it would be written "job guaranteed" in the contract, but more "job guaranteed if position available". And if it is, I know nothing about Lettonian law, but not sure it will be a big issue... Why would you pay an extra 5k ? Because this is business based on the fact that some fools will always believe it and go for it.

Hogos
5th Feb 2021, 18:06
Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP

If they give you an employment, of course they will pay you. If they don't, they're lying (which is not unlikely).
We can talk for years that paying for having the job is unfair and unethical, but if you sign a contract there will be a salary (I hope).
If it's a farce, then it's another matter.

Easy_flyer1992
9th Feb 2021, 15:54
I am interested too, especially for the second option ì, i tried to ask what type of contract is offered and they answered that is a service agreement agency.
This should be really close to the ryanair program where new cadets are hired by third parties and not by Ryan.

hsilva7
11th Feb 2021, 13:45
Hi guys.

During last week, I sent an e-mail requesting some information regarding the 35k option (Job guarantee). I keep forwarding the e-mail to them in order to get an answer and nothing...
does anyone is facing the same lack of response from their part?

Does anyone has more detailed information, regarding this offer?

Thanks..

Contact Approach
11th Feb 2021, 13:47
Stop paying to work you morons!

hsilva7
11th Feb 2021, 13:52
I cannot understand your perspective sometimes Contact Approach!

What do you want us to do?! Being seated on a chair, waiting for something suddenly to happen....

i am a newly cadet, with 210h total flight, if you have any suggestion for guys like me, that don't have any :mad: idea of what to do next, we would be very pleased!!!

Contact Approach
11th Feb 2021, 14:26
What he said.
The sheer desperation / stupidly of those coming through currently is astounding. Go get a job that pays the bills instead of throwing away money you don’t have on a job that does not exist. Wait for the world to recover and then reassess your situation. It really isn’t that hard.

Easy_flyer1992
11th Feb 2021, 14:42
They answered telling me that will be a agency contract, sincerely i do not know if worth it......but almost everywhere you have to pay, especially for low cost and it was the same also before covid 19.
Anyway need to be really careful!!

Easy_flyer1992
11th Feb 2021, 17:00
All low cost act in this way, not only SmartLynx and cadets like me are out of “radar” of big companies that always are looking for experienced f/o min 500hr or have their own cadet program.
Ryan is doing the same thing.
I’m not going to work for free, that’s for sure, but at the begging sacrifices are required.
Anyway is just my point of view

Contact Approach
12th Feb 2021, 06:47
What a load of rubbish.

Pinuz89
12th Feb 2021, 21:02
I'm not defending this company, nor these agencies, but from what I heard here, it's not the classical P2F scheme, they actually are not asking money for doing hours.

I mean, this is absolutely not the right time to undergo a self-sponsored Type Rating, and I totally agree that accepting ridiculous salaries ruins the market, but this airline is not asking you to pay for flying, like many others.

Banana Joe
12th Feb 2021, 21:34
What is it asking for then?

Pinuz89
13th Feb 2021, 10:49
If they give you the job, they pay you.
P2F is the opposite, you pay for flying

Contact Approach
13th Feb 2021, 12:09
In what other industry would you pay 35k for a job!?

Pinuz89
13th Feb 2021, 19:44
You probably don't know what it means to open a business.
And you can probably break-even after years, being a lucky one.

Pinuz89
13th Feb 2021, 20:01
Ultimately, there is a load of jobs, in particular in finance, where people need very expensive post graduation masters to get access at some positions (I'm talking about my country).

dirk85
13th Feb 2021, 21:58
But the salaries would be more than decent from the start. Here you would struggle to break even, assuming you even get to fly, which is unlikely, since actual Smartlynx pilots are on unpaid leave themselves.
Smartlynx was together with Avion Express one of the worst airlines even during the good times, money wise, I don't even wanna think about the salaries post covid...

Pinuz89
13th Feb 2021, 22:06
Yes I totally agree, infact i'm not defending this company, and I don't even know the actual salary

hsilva7
15th Feb 2021, 09:41
Hi guys!

Is anyone here thinking of starting the TR course (Job guarantee - 35k) in March with this Company?

thanks

hsilva7
15th Feb 2021, 11:02
Just tell me, I am trying to figure it out...

Loockeed
10th Mar 2021, 21:14
hsilva7

I did the on line assessment last week and the interview this week.

Flyhighwithme9
11th Mar 2021, 09:37
Lockeed,

How was the Online assessment ? How did you prepare and also with the ATPL? Did you do aviation exam before or how did you prepare. I havent prepared due to been working and didn't know if I was going to hear from them and then suddenly out of thin air I got an email this morning.

I just feel after reading this thread that it feels like a scam. Even tho I know it feels like p2f is the only way for us newly graduated pilots with hours below 250.

kelle19
11th Mar 2021, 13:19
Dear all,

I have also been interested in this programme, but compared to a standard Type-Rating course, the amount of given training is on the lower end.
With SmartLynx you get: 9 days ground course/ 12 hrs FTD/ 40 hrs FFS/ Skill Test and base training for 35 000 Euros.

I don't know any details about the offered contract after training, but I think it will only be upon demand of pilots. If you look at their customers (half of them are in trouble have made pilots redundant), this demand will in my opinion very low (please keep in mind, that graduates from end of 2019 and 2020 are not flying and also their own pilots).

I have another offer for a A320 Type-Rating from a well known company in germany, which includes:
15 days ground-school/ 39 hrs FTD/ 32 hrs FFS/ Skill Test and base training for 21 000 Euros.

So you get a lot more hours in the FTD to familiarize yourself with the aircraft and to be fit for the FFS-sessions (but only eight FFS sessions) + longer ground school.
For me it's an overpriced rating, to keep their simulators busy.

Antoine3
13th Mar 2021, 14:52
A good friend of mine did the type rating in april 2019. We both did the selection with a Romanian company called Blue Air. But at the end he chose for Smartlynx because he wanter to fly Airbus. I regretted going to Blue Air. However he did get a contract after the type rating. But then again, this was in the peak season of 2019. It's hard to believe that this year it will come close to 2019 and before.

I personally will never pay for a type rating again without having a job guarantee.

Good luck to you all.

WhatShortage
17th Mar 2021, 08:43
You have done it once with blue air, why not twice? Smart choice from your partner not going to hell in blue air.

uberfly
18th Mar 2021, 10:33
If you want to do type rating do it at independent training center which would cost around 15-20k. Believe me my friends who did TR at independent training center and at SLX are at the same condition during last 1 year. No job, no salary (even they have contract with SLX). With the difference of 15K you can fly SE or ME more or less 50 hours so you can keep yourself current and into the aviation.

Their service agreement contract is totally illegal in my opinion but not binding in European Union because it is offered via 3rd country company. Having this contract or not having is exactly has same meaning=unemployment. Sooner or later this type of bogus schemes and contract will be forbidden however politicians need to wait and see some catastrophic event which involves such contracts. There is nothing here to compare with RYR contracts because they are much more socially responsible.

2021 will be hard year for pilots who has such contracts therefore flying times will be very little. If SLX starts to operate this year it will be maybe with 5-8 A/C at most. Like one of the post said I would not be surprised if they let new TR students fly instead of those finished on 2019-2020.

Think twice.

I would say if you really want something in aviation do a teaching course for ground schools or obtain FI rating. Because teaching sector will revitalize faster than commercial flying since there is at least lag of 2 years.

kitenation
18th Mar 2021, 13:49
I would say you are wrong. I mean this would be the case in ideal world. Unfortunatelly, majority of people thinks this way: everyone is doing ATPL now - I should do it to... So masivelly training will start when airlines will start to hire again. Those who will start training now, will be finishing by that time and be "job ready", those who will start in that moment will in big numbers finish training just before another crisis.

Its the same in economy, if the taxi driver tells you he is buing stocks cause its awesome way of making money its a good time to sell yours.

PilotLZ
18th Mar 2021, 14:34
The entire ACMI and non-scheduled sector is, by and large, a fisherman's job. The sales team may or may not get a sound contract for a long-term flight programme, especially in times like those. One-off flights are also not a given - you may get 10 of those this month and then none for the next 2 months. So, by default, go in with your eyes wide open. You may be crazy busy at times and then idling for months on end. And the latter hurts a lot if you don't have a proper base salary to see you through times when there's little to no flight activity.

What (kind of) gives some hope is that Smartlynx seem to have sound connections with travel agencies in their region. So, some charter work will be there for as long as international travel to any leisure destination remains a possibility. However, what will happen with all the aircraft which normally worked for clients abroad? My guess is that few of them will be flying a meaningful schedule this summer. May I be wrong. And this is what will determine how many pilots will be needed.

Corona_FO
4th Apr 2021, 01:04
My friend was there and the info I have is the following. The costs of the TR at SLX are rising since 2016 from 20K now up to 35K, before there was no job guarantees, everything depends on the personal performance at the ATO and of course the demand.

As preavious guys said, there are many many courses from 2019 finished and didnt fly at all. I guess that these guys wont fly at SLX as they have no any rights to get the job. It was always 50/50.

But if you pay for a guarantee, it doesnt mean, that you fly your big hours during some months. Be prepared to accept as many unpaid leaves as they want to give you. Even if you fly 5 times a month, all other dates during this months will or can be unpaid leave. The job guarantee can also take months/years to fly some hours. I am just speaking during corona times, previous years the guys flew maximum as they have been very short of "low paid" pilots.

Remember, there is no sense to do a type rating on any aircraft without job guarantee, as it isn't worth anything with no flight hours on type. So if you have the funds, do it with SLX and job guarantee, but remember, be prepared for unpaid leave weeks/months.

Winged Lion
14th May 2021, 19:42
Does anyone have information about current state regarding salary etc.?

Corona_FO
14th May 2021, 20:02
For the Moment its 135 per flying day, all other days out of home but not flying something around 35 EUR and when at home, unpaid leave

JackTorrance
15th May 2021, 09:52
But are they flying?
Because I wish to start the TR + Job Guarantee, but job guarantee with no flights it's like nothing...

Winged Lion
17th May 2021, 16:45
Corona_FO

Thank you for the information but I do have some followup questions if you don't mind.

You have FO in your nickname so let me assume you have given indications applicable for First Officer fees. But what I wonder is, is this still paid in full during the current crisis?
And also, you mentioned a fee per flying day, is there any payment per flight hour on top of this flight day payment? Or any other "out of home" expense payment? Could you elaborate?

Thanks!

Negan

I, myself, have nothing to do with any typerating costs but thank you for the concern.

FredFlintstone
17th May 2021, 18:45
You do all remember the base training incident with this outfit I hope? I would post a link to the youtube videos but as a newbie I am not permitted. Smart Lynx is not greta one to have on your CV when looking for the next job!

Intrance
17th May 2021, 21:24
Did you ever fully read the final report on that training incident? I mean, I am not a fan of Smartlynx, but they are little to blame in that incident. And you might actually want to credit their instructor for bringing a plane with essentially only manual trim for pitch control and a double engine failure back to the runway without leaving a smoking hole in the ground.

About having them on your CV... in times of need, airlines are not all that picky about previous employers. Typerated and hours on type is what they will care about first and foremost. But we are in any case quite far from any pilot shortages in the coming years I suppose. Why anyone would take Smartlynx up on this expensive typerating and 'job guarantee' is a mystery to me.

uberfly
24th May 2021, 10:31
FredFlintstone

What is your point? You mentioned like it is the first and ever aviation accident in the history? Nobody would care what airline you fly for but your skills, professionalism and knowledge. How you perform in SIM and assessments. Airlines names are just a brand.

misteredin2
19th Aug 2021, 14:20
Greetings to all!

I have my online assessment and interview scheduled in the next few days.

Has anybody done it recently?
Any tips?
Any particular questions asked?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
I haven’t yet decided if I will go for their program should I be selected. Thought I’d do the selection process and decide.

skygeek
23rd Aug 2021, 11:34
You really have to wonder sometimes. Facts:

Smartlynx fleet consists of 12(13?) aircrafts

There is no planned massive expansion apart from 5 leased A330s announced in May 2021
Hence Smartlynx will need ~85 pilots for operations (60 for existing fleet +25 to cover the new A330s)

Smartlynx already had 2 Type Rating groups in May 2021
Smartlynx are now organising 3 more Type Rating groups in Fall 2021

assuming each group is at least 10 people, that means ~50 extra pilots or twice the amount of pilots needed to operate the fleet

Smartlynx is asking 35k for the A320 Type Rating as opposed to a typical cost of 15-20k
Smartlynx does not guarantee a job on completion of their Type Rating course, only "a job interview"

Compared to the above that Ryanair "offer" looks like a dream, at least in RYR you are guaranteed to do the Line Training. Good luck to everybody.

Dukaster
6th Dec 2021, 11:59
Congratulations SMARTLYNX for your counter-performance :
Social_rating_ECA (https://www.eurocockpit.be/sites/default/files/2021-11/Social_rating_ECA.pdf)
SmartLynx rating page (https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/europeanpilots/viz/EuropeanAirlinesSocialRating/DBAIRLINE?Airline=SmartLynx)

Social Junk :D
I quote :
About SmartLynx: Latvian wet-lease specialist Smartlynx Airlines manages to fly relatively under the radar despite its more than questionable social practices.
A number of pilots are hired through a crewing agency based in Dubai, conveniently by-passing EU rules.
Finishing in the bottom 5 airlines in Europe when it comes to the Social Rating with an overall score of just 15, respondents also flag the low pay and little planning stability at SmartLynx.

TESTIMONIES:
“Contracted through an agency in Dubai to avoid European labour laws. Pay for a Captain is less than a cadet in other airlines and you can only get that if you work max hours. Opportunistic airline exploiting the suffering of unemployed aircrew in the current employment market. You could be away from home for 2 weeks and only do 3 flights.”

Pilots are self-employed on zero hours contract through an agency in Dubai to avoid European labour laws. Pilots are put on unpaid leave and then their rosters are changed to duties when they are needed.”"

Absolutely NO respects for its pilots, who get a miserable salary.
Not even a basic salary (gross, of course).
You get pay only if you fly, so many guys got a 2 months salary for the last 21 months.

Plus, the Airline just requested the pilots to sign a contract amendment (more disrepectful, of course) or they get fired. What's the point of having a contract if at the first bump it's changed...

Keep away from that company.
Far, far away.

uberfly
8th Dec 2021, 15:03
There is a significant dislike close to level of hate among crew towards management of the company. Stress level is very high due to concerns about financial stability among flight crew. Financially, you are not able to survive whole year without side job/extra job or winter job and this is applicable for both captains and first officers. Expect to be send from one base to another for short period of time and if you do not accept expect to be punished with unpaid leave. Contract include unlimited unpaid leave so you may end up having 0 hours and 0 euros in whole year.

You may expect full income only up to 4 or 5 months during 1 year. Which is 1,5-2 K for first officers and 4-4,5 K for captains (only if you have 10-15 days of active duty per month). Keep in mind this amount is before income tax, social security contribution and European health insurance. You are responsible paying those and if not you are taking the risk to be investigated by your residence country tax authority or country you are operating.

Rumours saying that management is very proud to find cheapest commercial pilots in Europe while they are exploiting vulnerable group of pilots.

Like Dukaster said;

Keep away from that company.
Far, far away.

Tortilla
30th Dec 2021, 09:17
Just received an offer of the contract and it’s ridiculous.
Few days ago their CEO made a conference that they don’t have any debts anymore and they want to expand rapidly, as well to offer great contracts for their crews. Well… contract and company approach is just a joke.

Contract is with Dubai agency, that in real life is located in Vilnius. No chance for any EU contract. Agency is not able to answer simple questions about job conditions and contract itself looks like trash. They “guarantee” job for 7 months per year, rest can be unpaid leave. And this “guarantee” is not a part of the contract.

CPT can get 5000€ per 23 days, but when you’re at home for 5 free days, they will not pay you for days off, but put unpaid leave, even in summer period. This salary may happen only between April and October, other months you get unpaid leave, or if you work, salary is reduced by various amounts, like “ground fee” for sby or travel day. So you will be lucky to work in winter and get some money.

This unlimited unpaid leave is in fact a leash, cause even if they put you on forced holidays with no pay, they expect you to operate and be available whenever they need you, even on short notice. If not, they will reduce from your “holidays”, that, guess what, are unpaid as well.

So it’s nothing different than XXI century slavery.

Roster pattern doesn’t exist. Nothing mentioned in contract, company answers they they “will try” to plan 23 on/ 5 off, but absolutely no guarantee. I remember my friend working there, told that before was around 21/9 and was quite happy about, but now they don’t provide this.

Notice period, if you want to leave is 45 days, but if you resign within 4 months from the last training, you have to pay training bond, around 4000€.
All insurance, tax etc. is your responsibility, they give you absolutely nothing! ​​​​​And they expect you will pay insurance by yourself for all year long and prove it to them, even when they don’t pay you, cause you must be available to work all the time.

Right now they send people to Nigeria. My friend says hotel and general conditions there are bad. There is a high level of covid infections among crew, so they get reduced salary when they have to isolate themselves.

I decided to refuse their offer. I rather wait for my previous company, that at least give some social contributions and don’t expect me to show up at work immediately when they send me for few months of unpaid leave. Looks like they want to catch people asap, cause they know that any other offer that will show up next weeks will have a better condition.

obelix360
2nd Jan 2022, 12:57
Tortilla when you attended on assessment?
I applied almost a month ago for F/O position but nothing heard yet?

obelix360
11th Jan 2022, 15:42
On their careers (talent.sage.hr.) page, i see some positions for B737NG/MAX Technical, Performance Engineering and Chief Pilot?

Do they have plans to add Boeing's or change their fleet?

Ricardo_vipe
12th Jan 2022, 13:46
Hi everyone, I just got an email for an online interview, it lasts 30 min and will be based on tech. Questions.
has anyone been through that step already? Any idea on what questions they ask?

Thank you for the feedback!

turbine100
14th Jan 2022, 14:45
Smart Lynx don't offer proper contracts, rosters or salaries. All through agencies. Some crew were with Mountain High Crawley in the U.K and were never paid correctly or final payments when they were let go.

As mentioned they are using a Dubai agency now for employment contracts. No benefits such as retirement etc.

They make money out of the type ratings and don't always offer employment at the end.

If they operate in the U.K this year, I am sure U.K immigration will be checking if the respective people have the required work status now Brexit has happened too.

Perseas
14th Jan 2022, 17:50
Hi everyone, I just got an email for an online interview, it lasts 30 min and will be based on tech. Questions.

Are you a cadet or experienced? When did you apply?

Ricardo_vipe
14th Jan 2022, 18:25
Are you a cadet or experienced? When did you apply?
Hi, I have around 4000h jet, o applied in December, mid I guess.

Mr_ATPL
14th Jan 2022, 19:32
LOWEST T&C ON THE MARKET.
No basic salary
Expect to be paid for about 150-200 days per year.
€220/day - €300/day
+€15/h
Pilot must pay for his own social security / health insurance and TAXES !

To the new CHIEF PILOT / TECHNICAL PILOT, Expect a total of €70.000 GROSS.

Smartlynx is using "MHC" / "MOUNTAIN HIGH CONSULTANTS" to do their dirty work.
"MHC" is also known as AIRBORNE / FRIST 2RESOURCE. Both being bottom feeder crew agencies.
"MHC" closed shop in the UK, after the fall of Primera, due to all the unpaid pilot salaries.
"MHC" and it's Icelandic Directors, just moved to Latvia, under a Maltese Umbrella Company Registration to continue their "business" practices.

Google link to MHC (UK) (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=mountain+high+consultants)

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Don't come back here and moan :=

I DID WARN YOU

Perseas
14th Jan 2022, 19:59
Hi, I have around 4000h jet, o applied in December, mid I guess.
With 4000h jet you can find a job anywhere you want mate. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

A321Max
15th Jan 2022, 07:25

Hi Ricardo,

I am in the same situation, I have got mine later next Friday so I will keep you posted if you are not done by then. Please do the same if you go through it before Friday.
good luck

Ricardo_vipe
19th Jan 2022, 16:05
Well I guess you haven't worked in many airlines as I've seen it happen in more than one. It's not only specific to Smartlynx. There is a shortage of instructors everywhere..
I actually worked in Smartlynx a few years ago and I have friends still there so I suspect I am better informed about the situation there than you are. But you can take the information it or leave it, makes no difference to me.

Hi, they just gave my slot to another crew because I didn't reply on time. Please let me know when you do it, I don't seem to be able to receive private messages on my inbox, so if you don't mine replying through here I would appreciate.

Thanks and good luck

bondi99
20th Jan 2022, 00:10

HI Ricardo, would you min pm and sharing the questions you received in the interview?
Many thanks

Wingmanion
23rd Jan 2022, 14:43
Does anybody already have more information what to expect in the interview?

Flyhighwithme9
24th Jan 2022, 03:40
Hi Ricardo, How did it go?
can you please give some feedback on the interview? How was it? What technical questions did they ask.

A321Max
24th Jan 2022, 07:54
Hi all,

The tech interview took around 35 minutes, it was a combination of HR and technical questions and then explaining some aspects of their ACMI operations. Both interviewers were kind. They first began presenting themselves and then asked me to do so. The HR questions were the typical ones regarding your behavior under stress/flying with someone you do not like/.... The tech part had the typical memory items questions, fuel figures.... with some numbers, alpha prot., then a couple of questions regarding CRM and behavior in the cockpit giving you some scenarios. All straight forward.
Best of luck!

Anivas
1st Feb 2022, 13:06
Hi all ,

Finished with online interview , you can not used me as a reference since I am quite experience and everything was easy going for both sides , So , I got a reply from FRIST 2RESOURCE (mentioned few post before ) about a contract starting 1/3/22 and they want me to send them a dozen o documents ( ....even more than that... ) with personal data BUT not a word about salary ...

What the story here ? If I send them all that and then decline the contract they will have all of my info..... and I don't want that .....

Rick1407
2nd Feb 2022, 13:00
Hi all ,

Finished with online interview , you can not used me as a reference since I am quite experience and everything was easy going for both sides , So , I got a reply from FRIST 2RESOURCE (mentioned few post before ) about a contract starting 1/3/22 and they want me to send them a dozen o documents ( ....even more than that... ) with personal data BUT not a word about salary ...

What the story here ? If I send them all that and then decline the contract they will have all of my info..... and I don't want that .....

Nice !! Congratulations !! Is it a commuting contract ? Any update about salary ?

Giuff
2nd Feb 2022, 13:22
Hi all ,

According to what i have heard:

you pay for all your docs and visas.
"Nice" contract in exciting Nigeria, being paid as you fly.

Avoid.

Miraan
16th Feb 2022, 11:22
Hey guys , are they still calling people ? Applied like a month ago and no news 🤷🏻

patryk.olos79
8th Mar 2022, 19:17
Hi Airbus or B737?

Karhukolme
10th Mar 2022, 14:20
Hi anyone here about to start OCC B737 in march?
Any info/rumors about B737 bases in summer?

Alvarez73
25th Mar 2022, 16:28
Hello guys! I am new in the forum, I just got arranged an on line interview next week with them, it would be for experienced on the left seat, if anyone can help with the sort of questions that I would get its just to get an idea apart of the couple of the quick reviews that I read further up in the group, thanks!

Tortilla
31st Mar 2022, 11:54
My friend working over there just got an email with, "conditions improvement”:

On recruitment they promised community contract with 2 travel days + 5 days at home, now they change for 2 travel days plus only 3 at home. As well they ensure about “7 months of work guaranteed” - another lie: only 15 days per month guaranteed, between April and October.

uberfly
8th Apr 2022, 18:50
It is never a commuting contract. If you want to go home you are not paid at all for the days you spend at home. And days you can go home is limited to only 5 days.

Many people is leaving from company because people are fed up with management’s attitude and terms and conditions forced to pilots.

In meanwhile it is good chance for unemployed pilots because they will literally hire anyone from street.

Dozens of airlines are hiring, use this company as your last chance. They will keep hiring anyone during entire summer.

skyman123
11th Apr 2022, 14:31
Hello guys , i hope you are doing well .
i have done the personality test through the email smartlynx sent me . now they told me that they will arrange an interview for me .
Does anybody already have more information what to expect in the interview?
anyone who already passed this stage may help plz

Kurt090
12th Apr 2022, 15:03
I had an online interview last week. Some questions regarding my actions in different situations (memory actions and decision making in accordance with EU-OPS). The only difficult question was: “how would your previous boss characterize you? what do you think?”.

skyman123
13th Apr 2022, 02:13
thank you for these precious informations . Preparing the Memory items , some situations scenarios and CRM would be enough i think .
How long does it take to have the interview result ? is there any more recuitment stages ?

Kurt090
13th Apr 2022, 06:00
I have got the result 4 business days later. Next, waiting for the contract

Loro22
13th Apr 2022, 10:49
On their careers (talent.sage.hr.) page, i see some positions for B737NG/MAX Technical, Performance Engineering and Chief Pilot?

Do they have plans to add Boeing's or change their fleet?

nope
just 2 leased MAX’s and when they are finished with them, they will returned to the lessor

Loro22
13th Apr 2022, 10:51
Hi anyone here about to start OCC B737 in march?
Any info/rumors about B737 bases in summer?
Casablanca and Marrakesh….royal ait maroc new summer contract

skyman123
13th Apr 2022, 22:19
it concerns only B737 aircraft ? would they use any A320 in those moroccan bases ?

Loro22
14th Apr 2022, 05:38
it concerns only B737 aircraft ? would they use any A320 in those moroccan bases ?
A320 is mainly used in nigeria

skyman123
14th Apr 2022, 13:40
Any info about the contract duration ? salaries ? benefits ?

cpt.sky1
14th Apr 2022, 22:46
Hello, I did the same and I am still waiting for the interview. Did you get an interview date meanwhile?

Thank you for the info. Do you mind if I ask you what kind of decision making question they asked you? And any information about the starting date of the OCC course?

skyman123
14th Apr 2022, 23:22
cpt.sky1 , you cant receive any more messages you need to delete some thats why i am answering you in here .
they still didnt give me a date for the interview , i am still on stby.
what about you ?

cpt.sky1
15th Apr 2022, 01:24
It says its full but I don't have any messages, I actually just opened an account to get more information regarding the assessment process. I didn't get any interview date yet, still on stby as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

You have a message you sent blocking till you post more. You have a suitably vague email address you can pass on instead.

latecoere240
18th Apr 2022, 10:17
The contract looks like this one..
https://www.docdroid.net/WrXWgOR/aerviva-pilot-agreement-for-services-april2021-fo11-2021-pdf#page=19

The conditions changed a bit regarding fees payments.
What you can expect is waiting for 2-3 months from OCC starting point to get release for Line check. It can be faster for Captains but for FOs a lot of are unhappy as you don't get paid and when flying only 50 euros / day ( training fee). no BLH paid.. You don't make a living from it.
From 1st April to October they guarantee 15 duty days allowance paid only if you are released from LC otherwise training fee still apply...
https://talent.sage.hr/jobs/eafaea05-535d-4a01-930a-5b06da1f3b0a
I guess, they made a change due to pilots were leaving the company and try to keep them.. but is it enough.. this is the big question…

You will have 5 consecutive days OFF home only if you request it in advance, otherwise they can keep you at operational base according operational needs..
https://talent.sage.hr/jobs/649ecff6-ca0e-4408-8d29-3f764a11247b

Good Luck !!
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/980x517/screen_shot_2022_04_18_at_1_01_29_pm_961295b1d612840a267434f 24b52bca4bc2d30da.png
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/619x561/screen_shot_2022_04_18_at_1_01_50_pm_096ee364493ec65b1407a16 56bf3f9ad821c4b97.png

Solenoid
18th Apr 2022, 12:05
Outrageous conditions.

cpt.sky1
23rd Apr 2022, 00:59
Did anybody do the interview for B737 yet?

kAPUt
23rd Apr 2022, 09:54
Stay away and don’t even bother!! It’s all lies and deception. Smart Lynx hasn’t received a single 737Max yet and the OCC-start has been postponed several times, while the in anticipation waiting 737 pilots, who believed and signed F2R’s defrauded contract, haven’t and will not be paid, some of them even since March!!

skyman123
25th Apr 2022, 15:05
I have got the result 4 business days later. Next, waiting for the contract

Anything new about the contract ? did you receive it ? how many days did it took ?

Spartaguy13
25th Apr 2022, 19:55
Hello fellow stray dogs, i can not believe what kind of conditions they offer, i am wandering how many people still apply to these companies? This kind of companies (Low Cost, ACMI) in EU are disgrace for our profession. I can not believe it.

Kurt090
26th Apr 2022, 18:21
No. I haven’t got it.

skyman123
27th Apr 2022, 14:27
No. I haven’t got it.
How long have you been waiting for the contract since the last email about your successful interview ? any idea about A320 OCC dates ?
thank you

Kurt090
28th Apr 2022, 04:41
I have been waiting for two weeks. No any information about OCC dates.

cpt.sky1
28th Apr 2022, 06:00
I have been waiting for two weeks. No any information about OCC dates.
Airbus or Boeing?

Kurt090
28th Apr 2022, 06:56
I am waiting for A320

skyman123
28th Apr 2022, 11:29
Same here , i passed the online interview and now i am waiting fot the next step (A320 )

Kurt090
28th Apr 2022, 16:17
Same here , i passed the online interview and now i am waiting fot the next step (A320 )
when was your interview?

cpt.sky1
28th Apr 2022, 22:54
I received an email 6 weeks ago to standby for interview but so far still no date. I guess they have a delay for B737 delivery or they need more time to develop all the new SOP. I hope it will not take much longer... Anybody from the 737 here?

skyman123
30th Apr 2022, 13:57
when was your interview?
it was last week

YosserHughes
2nd May 2022, 17:06
Please can anyone give a heads up on the 737 interview questions please?

Thanks

Nico98
4th May 2022, 23:43
Are u guys serious? Well I've to admit that all this bad (very bad) opinions about Smartlynx leave me...scared. Here's the situation,I'm italian and I was looking for a company to apply as a cabin crew member. Few weeks ago I found this airline and I did it,I applied. I have signed their agreement and tomorrow my initial training will take place. Now,maybe I am to blame,but it seemed pretty nice. Unfortunately I didn't find too informations in order to "judge" the company. I found a youtube video about a girl who worked for this company and she said her experience was really nice and that she would do that again. I also visited glassdoor and indeed to find reviews about pilots and crew member but here's again...no negative reviews,it seemed ok everything. And now,I've found the only "parly hidden" post (this one) where tons of people say: "the worst company ever,stay away". It's true they hire with an agency (F2 resource) in my case,located in Malta. (At least as I read). I'm preparing to work on A320 type and the bases you're mentioning seem so unusual I mean...Nigeria? Why? Ok I know about Vietnam (pretty cool I guess) but Nigeria? Do they even fly there? No because hearing that video (about the girl I've spoken) she mentioned other bases like Oslo,Spain and so on. What have I to expertise?

Lepo
5th May 2022, 04:18
Nico, SmartLynx is an ACMI Airline, which means they provide services for other airlines.

Right now SmartLynx has a contract with Air Peace from Nigeria, which means they are operating flights on behalf of Air Peace, so yes, you can be rostered to fly in Nigeria. I don't know exactly how long is each rotation (I suppose it should be a few weeks stationed there).
​​​​​​
Just go in FlightRadar24 and you'll some A320 from SmartLynx operating Air Peace flights in Nigeria.

Radi737
5th May 2022, 10:48
Hello, seems the 737 OCC starts tomorrow in Barcelona
very few people have been called

Nico98
6th May 2022, 00:50
Nico, SmartLynx is an ACMI Airline, which means they provide services for other airlines.

Right now SmartLynx has a contract with Air Peace from Nigeria, which means they are operating flights on behalf of Air Peace, so yes, you can be rostered to fly in Nigeria. I don't know exactly how long is each rotation (I suppose it should be a few weeks stationed there).
​​​​​​
Just go in FlightRadar24 and you'll some A320 from SmartLynx operating Air Peace flights in Nigeria.
---------------------
Yes I know that because they are partners with other airlines like Volotea/Tui (a german if I don't go wrong)/EasyJet/VietJet (the Vietnam one) and so on. Never read about Peace Air but thank you for the informations you provide. What I like about this company (and the main reason why I applied) is that they periodically change the base so,If I don't like a base it will change in short periods. Said that,of course there's not only that base for sure,but considering i speak italian,english and spanish probably (soon or late) I'll finish in other countries. In their site they say "Your base will be assigned to you considering where you live and what languages you speak". Fine,english is spoken in so many countries (including Nigeria,but I simply don't wanna go there because I had a really bad experience on a holiday and in case,I'll let them know) but spanish is spoken only in Spain for Smartlynx (right because they do not operate in South America). Thank you again for every detail. :)

uberfly
15th May 2022, 16:50
Very easy, go to Flightradar, choose Smartlynx Airlines there you can see all registered aircrafts flying for Smartlynx then check the flight numbers which you can easily identify which airlines they are working for out of which bases. Vietnam was 3 years ago last time. This year several UK, German, Belgium and Moroccon bases. Also Ireland, Portugal and Egypt. Not to mention their home bases Riga and Talinn.

Often you don't have luxury to choose your base. Company assign you %80 of the time where ever they need you. End of the story. Expect long waiting for starting line training since company is overwhelmed by too many new pilots, limited training capacity.

USERNAME_
15th May 2022, 19:39
---------------------
Yes I know that because they are partners with other airlines like Volotea/Tui (a german if I don't go wrong)/EasyJet/VietJet (the Vietnam one) and so on. Never read about Peace Air but thank you for the informations you provide. What I like about this company (and the main reason why I applied) is that they periodically change the base so,If I don't like a base it will change in short periods. Said that,of course there's not only that base for sure,but considering i speak italian,english and spanish probably (soon or late) I'll finish in other countries. In their site they say "Your base will be assigned to you considering where you live and what languages you speak". Fine,english is spoken in so many countries (including Nigeria,but I simply don't wanna go there because I had a really bad experience on a holiday and in case,I'll let them know) but spanish is spoken only in Spain for Smartlynx (right because they do not operate in South America). Thank you again for every detail. :)

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you’ll find out anyway. Smartlynx isn’t the kind of company that you can tell them you don’t want to go somewhere.

If they roster you out of Nigeria, and you explain that you don’t want to go because of personal experience, it’ll be more of a case of “that’s a shame, enjoy Nigeria!” or simply a goodbye.

Kurt090
3rd Jun 2022, 07:27
B-737 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

B-737
3rd Jun 2022, 23:07
B-737 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
I emptied my box. You can try again

YosserHughes
7th Jun 2022, 07:18
Does anyone know what's going on with their 737 operation?

Ice033
20th Jun 2022, 19:38
Anyone here is interested in their A320 TR course end of 2022 ?

bugupspeed
4th Jul 2022, 18:08
is there anyone with recent technical and HR questions about online interview

BiiG DaaN
4th Jul 2022, 20:30
Nigerian here.
I can confirm that SmartLynx does in fact have a contract with Air Peace. I've seen the planes several times on FR24 as well as physically. As for the experience of living in Nigeria, I assure you that it is different from many other places.
Air Peace is based in Lagos, which to be frank is a very challenging city to live in with crazy traffic jams and rascals around (if you wander to certain areas). I expect that you'll be staying in a hotel or something and have some form of living services offered - company-provided transport arrangements, etc. It's not the best place to stay, but some foreigners make it work (there are many expats in Lagos).
As for the routes, I've seen the A320s used on routes to Lagos, Abuja, Asaba, Port Harcourt and Kano. I think those are the only airports they are operated to.
If you do happen to take the offer and end up in Nigeria, I'd be happy to link up and give a few tips. You can also shoot me a pm for questions.

Ice033
19th Aug 2022, 05:58
Anyone starting the TR course the 4th of October in Barcelona ?

I just passed the ATPL test + Psy + Interview so feel free to ask if you need !

hamburgerboy
19th Aug 2022, 14:42
Can anybody share some more info about the TR costs and job offer. Is it still 35k and 'you might get an offer when you perform well' ? Appreciated!

Ice033
19th Aug 2022, 19:58
Yes it is.

Everything is on their website : https://www.smartlynx.aero/storage/app/media/Training-centre/SMARTLYNX_Pilot_training_and_career_A5_251021.pdf

Frattco040
8th Sep 2022, 07:49

Hi!
I have interview and assessment coming up, can you please add me on What’s up +46763094224

uberfly
14th Sep 2022, 16:43
Since the aviation back to normal, there is no excuse for pilots who will join this company in coming months. So read whole topic and make your conclusion.

Beside offering illegal employment contracts and conditions for few decades until few years ago nobody was complaining because pay was acceptable. Of course many pilots were and will be hiding their income from their tax authorities in order to avoid income tax and social security contributions. Company have no responsibility on that because it consider you as well as also contract states that you are service provider, however for most of the EU countries, pilot job cannot be done as service provider or self employed. Pilots cannot work for more than 1 airlines at a time. Time will come authorities will tackle such companies just not yet because even legacy carries start to enjoy cheap labor force of ACMI companies. However, one should keep in mind that such companies killing competition and create unfair labor market conditions. Also airlines who are hiring Smartlynx responsible for due diligence how company treating their employees, any illegal practices and etc. It is well known that Smartlynx was rejected to be partner with one of the well known airlines due the its employment conditions.

Specific for company, it is hard to say this is an airline but more like farm of someone. I dont have to mention how terrible they are on the office side, specifically operation department and other supporting departments. Of courses management is successful because they are making good profit however bear in mind they have this profit due to each pilot cost them %50 less on market average. Of course everybody fighting for flights, pilots prefer not to go home for months in order to make money. If you know someone in the office, in management, in key positions certainly you will get the best bases most flight hours and most likely you will skip going to Nigeria. Unpaid days in the middle of season is another fact, company has contractual right to assign 15 days unpaid leave during high summer season. Soon company will go to winter sleep, more than %70 of the fleet will not be operating until late April 2023 and first time in history they have that many pilots, real problem will start then.

Matt95
10th Oct 2022, 03:38

Hi Rub3ns,

Contrats for smart lynx. Got the interview in 2 days. Can you please share the question you got.

thanks in advance.

A3all
12th Nov 2022, 08:58
Is anyone here flying for smartlynx?How long do line pilots sit on the ground without flying in winter?

TheEdge
12th Nov 2022, 09:28
Stay away from those bottom feeders.... Lithuanian pirates at the command. Same ****show, same family with aviasolutionsgroup, avionexpress, baa.
Just stay away.

Ice033
12th Nov 2022, 09:37
Hi Rub3ns,

Contrats for smart lynx. Got the interview in 2 days. Can you please share the question you got.

thanks in advance.

Sorry for the one-month late answer...

For the HR part, typical question, I don't remember all of them but typical question.

For the technical part : first part about flight planning, like typical fuel flight planning, questions about MEA, MORA, MSA : range, etc. Mainly regulation I mean.
Then a second part about principle of flight with an other guy : explain lift, induced drag, how to reduce it... Question about negative profile (tail)...

Hope this help.

Ice033
12th Nov 2022, 09:38
Is anyone here flying for smartlynx?How long do line pilots sit on the ground without flying in winter?

Currently having my A320 TR with them, I will tell you in a few months...

A3all
12th Nov 2022, 10:11
I got offered a contract with them,experienced Pic on 320 and OCC start to be announced soon but I’m wondering how much do these pilots fly during winter.Any inputs will be much appreciated.Not in need of money or perks but just want to get back on the seat

uberfly
13th Nov 2022, 15:26
Guys everything was told in this topic. Please do not come back here after 6 months and start to whine. Especially for pilots with hours since there is so much opportunity out there. Market is not like 12 months earlier anymore.

For colleagues without rating, even for you so many opportunities for low hour non-type rated pilots. It does not worth to pay 30-35k for their ATO. What will you get in return 1500k gross salary after line training only summer season.

Maximum 6 month of flying during summer season. Winter 80% of pilots in unpaid leave at their home unless you want to risk your life, health and licence in Nigeria in winter.

Ice033
14th Nov 2022, 11:37
Guys everything was told in this topic. Please do not come back here after 6 months and start to whine. Especially for pilots with hours since there is so much opportunity out there. Market is not like 12 months earlier anymore.

For colleagues without rating, even for you so many opportunities for low hour non-type rated pilots. It does not worth to pay 30-35k for their ATO. What will you get in return 1500k gross salary after line training only summer season.

Maximum 6 month of flying during summer season. Winter 80% of pilots in unpaid leave at their home unless you want to risk your life, health and licence in Nigeria in winter.

Nobody is whining, they are just asking questions and I try to answer. That's all.

Tortilla
7th Dec 2022, 20:28
New terms of 2023 contract for pilots in SLX. In short words: for CP around 10000€ less. Good luck with that

appfo09
8th Dec 2022, 03:37
and what about FO´s? is that insider info that you have?

uberfly
8th Dec 2022, 13:34
If you want to join this company you will accept worst Captain and FO salary in European market. On top of that unstable life, disrespectful management and operations in Nigeria. It is for desperate people.

Tortilla
14th Dec 2022, 08:39
Info from many insiders. FO’s, as well will get less money than previous year, based on around 500-600h per year.
Above all of that minimum 3 months of unpaid leave that can be extended if you don’t accept to go to Nigeria or other lovely place they send you. All those projects are with accommodation in low standard hotel, without full board food provided in countries like Nigeria or India.

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
14th Dec 2022, 21:33
A330 Captain being offered 70-80 k Euros salary. Bottom feeders.

Amarob
4th Jan 2023, 15:31
I have been contacted to stsart the type rating, I want to make sure that after the type they really offer a position in the company.
Do you know if there is a real chance of joining them, or they just make the type rating?

Ice033
5th Jan 2023, 08:20
I have been contacted to stsart the type rating, I want to make sure that after the type they really offer a position in the company.
Do you know if there is a real chance of joining them, or they just make the type rating?

Yes I just did the TR. It's not guaranteed 100% of course and it will never be written anywhere but yes they are recruiting. We were 12, we are all in.

Amarob
5th Jan 2023, 09:17
Could you be more specific with your experience?

Amarob
5th Jan 2023, 09:18
Yes I just did the TR. It's not guaranteed 100% of course and it will never be written anywhere but yes they are recruiting. We were 12, we are all in.
Thnaks for the asnwer, could you tell me if it's worthing the money you invest in your opinion?

WhatShortage
10th Jan 2023, 03:21
People will leave as soon as they have 500h otherwise is a nonsense, odds are you'll have a job.

TheEdge
11th Jan 2023, 06:36
Hello guys,

I am desperated because I am waiting for my Job almost 4 years. I am now in hurry to expedite converting my license into EASA one. I saw yesterday TR course starts at April. I know that 35k euros is big deal but does it really worth? How many months I will wait for flying after passing type rating and how many flight hours I can log approximately for one year? I have MCC issued in non EASA ATO, does it matter or I need to go for it in EASA ATO?

Also, is there someone who recently passed assesment (simulator, ATPL, psycho) that would share infos

Thats exactly the desperation and "meat" dumblynx is looking for...

mindaugenius
15th Jan 2023, 11:16
video surfing around of SLX CEO talking **** about his customers and employees. Do you really wanna join this company? They lost their deal with condor for the 330 because of the quality of service they were providing Let aviasolution dogs go bankrupt

Axelfct
1st Feb 2023, 11:50
Hey everyone,

Any people who applied for smartlynx's TR course ? How long does it take from the moment you are applying until the moment they are calling you ?
I applied 10 days ago...
Thanks in advance

Georges1981
2nd Feb 2023, 22:25
[QUOTE=Rub3ns;11281119]Anyone starting the TR course the 4th of October in Barcelona ?

I just passed the ATPL test + Psy + Interview so feel free to ask if you need ![/QUOTE

dear friend , I have just received email for pre assessment .
I’ll appreciate if you could help me with some questions if you remember .
Thank you in advance
George

TheEdge
3rd Feb 2023, 08:34
Hey everyone,

Any people who applied for smartlynx's TR course ? How long does it take from the moment you are applying until the moment they are calling you ?
I applied 10 days ago...
Thanks in advance
Another good piece of meat for dumblynx

DC934
6th Feb 2023, 07:50

Hi Cpt,
I would really appreciate if i could get some informations regarding Smartlynx assessment.
thank you very much

Ice033
7th Feb 2023, 09:32
To all the guys who are writing PM to me.

First of all read how this forum is working and the rules : I can't answer because your mail box is full. As a newcomer, you are only able to keep one message in your PM box, sent or received.

I am not able to answer to you until you empty your box...

Amarob
10th Feb 2023, 12:37
Hello guys,
I'm here to explain about my short experience with smartlynx.
I applied for A320 TR, I got the interview, I passed, and I got the date for the TR for april 2023.
I made few questions to them:
1. they do not guarantee any minimum hour (only to people with more the 500h on type), this means forget to fly during winter because they will give priority to people that by contract and agreement deserve it.
2. if during the touch and go in riga your aircraft needs de-ice YOU PAY FOR IT!.
3. you need to stay minimum 3 years or you pay a 10K penalty.
4. During line training you get 40eur per day ONLY!.
After these conditions (that I got just because I asked) I told them that I'm not going to go forward with them.

Ice033
10th Feb 2023, 17:11
Hello everybody,

I will correct a little bit what is written above as there's a lot of questions and misunderstanding/fake news here...
First of all, I am currently working for them via a recruitement agency. I am not responsible for what you understand or what you want to understand...

About the assessment :

An online ATPL knowledge test (30 minutes, contains 30 questions on ATPL theory).
An online psychometric assessment (approximately 3-3.5 hours).
An interview meaning technical AND classical questions. As for any jobs, they want to know your knowledge about aviation (yes ATPL is a part of aviation) and you. So be prepared = stop spending too much time here and start reading your documents and EASA website. Stop asking what questions or what, just get to work. It's like any other interview for any jobs.

About TR :

As written on their website : 35k€ or 33.5k€ if you bring a friend.
It's ground school + SIM (Barcelona for me) + Base Training (Riga for me). It's done with their ATO.
It's straight forward from ground school to end of BT. You have to sign 4 agreements, one for each phase : booking / ground school / SIM / BT.
Duration for our group : 2 months from ground school to end of BT.

Amarob is right, you need to pay for de-icing during BT, it's not included as per agreement which you are to sign if you want to start with them, no suprise.
It is to share with other guys which who you'll be flying during BT.

After TR :

If you are successful during the TR and ONLY AFTER THE END OF THE TR, you may be offered a contract with a crewing agency which makes you work for SL. Meaning that you are not employed by SL itself, it's true and therefore you don't get a salary but what they call : compensation. After that, you need to undergo training for emergency drills (slides, doors...), OCC and the first OPC which are done together.

Then you are ready for your Line Training (LT). Mine is planned so flying in the winter is possible and will happen : you may fly in the winter but as he said it's not 100% sure. Again, it's in the contract that your are not forced to sign. No surprise. Amarob is also right here : as for now, during training (any ground training or LT) = 40€ per day. After that, it depends. But you are able to

What is not true :

First of all it's a one year contract from 1st of January to 31st of December so those who say that you have to stay 3 years invented it or it may have been true before, don't know, don't care.
You don't need to pay 10k€ for whatever reason BUT and as for any other job including a training, there is a repayment clause for employee training costs which is logical. There is a fee of 4k€ IF you leave within the 4 months after the last OPC/LPC check.

Knowing all of this, feel free to start with them or no.

DC934
10th Feb 2023, 17:26
Hello everybody, I will correct a little bit what is written above as there's a lot of questions and misunderstanding/fake news here...First of all, I am currently working for them via a recruitement agency. I am not responsible for what you understand or what you want to understand... About the assessment :An online ATPL knowledge test (30 minutes, contains 30 questions on ATPL theory).An online psychometric assessment (approximately 3-3.5 hours).An interview meaning technical AND classical questions. As for any jobs, they want to know your knowledge about aviation (yes ATPL is a part of aviation) and you. So be prepared = stop spending too much time here and start reading your documents and EASA website. Stop asking what questions or what, just get to work. It's like any other interview for any jobs.About TR : As written on their website : 35k€ or 33.5k€ if you bring a friend.It's ground school + SIM (Barcelona for me) + Base Training (Riga for me). It's done with their ATO.It's straight forward from ground school to end of BT. You have to sign 4 agreements, one for each phase : booking / ground school / SIM / BT.Duration for our group : 2 months from ground school to end of BT. Amarob is right, you need to pay for de-icing during BT, it's not included as per agreement which you are to sign if you want to start with them, no suprise.It is to share with other guys which who you'll be flying during BT. After TR : If you are successful during the TR and ONLY AFTER THE END OF THE TR, you may be offered a contract with a crewing agency which makes you work for SL. Meaning that you are not employed by SL itself, it's true and therefore you don't get a salary but what they call : compensation. After that, you need to undergo training for emergency drills (slides, doors...), OCC and the first OPC which are done together. Then you are ready for your Line Training (LT). Mine is planned so flying in the winter is possible and will happen : you may fly in the winter but as he said it's not 100% sure. Again, it's in the contract that your are not forced to sign. No surprise. Amarob is also right here : as for now, during training (any ground training or LT) = 40€ per day. After that, it depends. But you are able to What is not true :First of all it's a one year contract from 1st of January to 31st of December so those who say that you have to stay 3 years invented it or it may have been true before, don't know, don't care.You don't need to pay 10k€ for whatever reason BUT and as for any other job including a training, there is a repayment clause for employee training costs which is logical. There is a fee of 4k€ IF you leave within the 4 months after the last OPC/LPC check.Knowing all of this, feel free to start with them or no.Thank you so much for the info. It was really helpful. You are 100% right, Studying is the best and only way. I'm trying to refresh my knowledge and I hope I can pass the interview to join in March or April.
I really appreciate your help.

Giuff
10th Feb 2023, 22:22
Pure scum.

Paying for de-ice. Unbelievable.

Aviation is doomed. Forever.

Ice033
11th Feb 2023, 07:12
Yeah it is what it is but it shouldn't be if of course..

LEALLEMD
11th Feb 2023, 19:24
Hello everybody,

I will correct a little bit what is written above as there's a lot of questions and misunderstanding/fake news here...
First of all, I am currently working for them via a recruitement agency. I am not responsible for what you understand or what you want to understand...

About the assessment :

An online ATPL knowledge test (30 minutes, contains 30 questions on ATPL theory).
An online psychometric assessment (approximately 3-3.5 hours).
An interview meaning technical AND classical questions. As for any jobs, they want to know your knowledge about aviation (yes ATPL is a part of aviation) and you. So be prepared = stop spending too much time here and start reading your documents and EASA website. Stop asking what questions or what, just get to work. It's like any other interview for any jobs.

About TR :

As written on their website : 35k€ or 33.5k€ if you bring a friend.
It's ground school + SIM (Barcelona for me) + Base Training (Riga for me). It's done with their ATO.
It's straight forward from ground school to end of BT. You have to sign 4 agreements, one for each phase : booking / ground school / SIM / BT.
Duration for our group : 2 months from ground school to end of BT.

Amarob is right, you need to pay for de-icing during BT, it's not included as per agreement which you are to sign if you want to start with them, no suprise.
It is to share with other guys which who you'll be flying during BT.

After TR :

If you are successful during the TR and ONLY AFTER THE END OF THE TR, you may be offered a contract with a crewing agency which makes you work for SL. Meaning that you are not employed by SL itself, it's true and therefore you don't get a salary but what they call : compensation. After that, you need to undergo training for emergency drills (slides, doors...), OCC and the first OPC which are done together.

Then you are ready for your Line Training (LT). Mine is planned so flying in the winter is possible and will happen : you may fly in the winter but as he said it's not 100% sure. Again, it's in the contract that your are not forced to sign. No surprise. Amarob is also right here : as for now, during training (any ground training or LT) = 40€ per day. After that, it depends. But you are able to

What is not true :

First of all it's a one year contract from 1st of January to 31st of December so those who say that you have to stay 3 years invented it or it may have been true before, don't know, don't care.
You don't need to pay 10k€ for whatever reason BUT and as for any other job including a training, there is a repayment clause for employee training costs which is logical. There is a fee of 4k€ IF you leave within the 4 months after the last OPC/LPC check.

Knowing all of this, feel free to start with them or no.

Paying for de-icing, Jesus Christ.
No base salary at all? €40 a day in training, even in LT? I wouldn't be very surprised if they ask you to pay for accomodation.

amjlappi
12th Feb 2023, 11:46
Hey when you say there is a repayment clause for training. Do they make you pay for extra training or recurrence training? Or is it only to be paid if you leave in said 4 month period after the training? Also while on duty is accommodation, crew meals and uniforms paid by the company?

7Q Off
15th Feb 2023, 16:57
Hi, I wanted to know what life is like in the 737 fleet?

Thks

lleidapilot
15th Feb 2023, 18:36
Hi, I wanted to know what life is like in the 737 fleet?

Thks
miserable they were rated the worst airline to work for by ECA https://www.eurocockpit.be/sites/default/files/2021-11/Social_rating_ECA.pdf

uberfly
16th Feb 2023, 07:10
Hey when you say there is a repayment clause for training. Do they make you pay for extra training or recurrence training? Or is it only to be paid if you leave in said 4 month period after the training? Also while on duty is accommodation, crew meals and uniforms paid by the company?

You pay your type rating, It is 35K Euros. You pay in from your pocket. If you leave within 3 years you need to pay certain amount of penalty which I do not know exact number but it should be between 7 to 10 K. After SLX might offer your service agreement (most likely they will) which you are employed by agencies in either Dubai, Malta or Netherlands. During line training you got paid 50 euro each day which means you can make up to 1500 Euros per month before income tax and social security contributions (make sure there is no guaranteed work so you can be spending half of the month at home while you are only 10 days on duty which will make you only 500 euros). Line training takes approximately 2-3 months if you are lucky. Accommodation is paid when you are on duty, crew meals provided (only on active flying day) and ticket from home to home is provided once a month.

After line check and up to 500 hours from line check you got paid 80 Euros a day which you can make maximum 2400 euro a month before income tax and social security contributions. You may end up earning 0 Euros. Remember no guaranteed fee until you pass 500 hours after line check. So we are talking about absolutely maximum in case all goes well. And you can count 1-1,5 year to reach 500 hours limit in the company.

Ice033
17th Feb 2023, 13:20
I will update what is said here :

Type rating : 35k€ and not 39k€ as written. It's on their website.

There is NO bond. Nothing to pay unless you leave within 4 months after the last OPC/LPC and only if they are able to make you fly within the 15 days.

uberfly
18th Feb 2023, 07:23

Type rating : 35k€ and not 39k€ as written. It's on their website. Stop inventing...

There is NO bond, stop saying bull****. Nothing to pay unless you leave within 4 months after the last OPC/LPC and only if they are able to make you fly within the 15 days.

Stop spreading **** here.

You did a great job! Thanks for updating, I correct the type rating fee it is my bad. I wasn't talking about bond but contractual penalty. About that i am not sure, i will investigate. I see you are new in company and you are trying to justify your choice to joining them as cadet, just relax make sure you are polite not need to get aggresive.

But make sure using proper language to the people you dont even know. I would expect more from SLX pilot. Better to look at the **** SLX spreading around.

Ice033
18th Feb 2023, 07:53
You did a great job! Thanks for updating, I correct the type rating fee it is my bad. I wasn't talking about bond but contractual penalty. About that i am not sure, i will investigate. I see you are new in company and you are trying to justify your choice to joining them as cadet, just relax make sure you are polite not need to get aggresive.

But make sure using proper language to the people you dont even know. I would expect more from SLX pilot. Better to look at the **** SLX spreading around.

I don't justify and I don't defend anything, I chose, like everybody can do here and I am not complaining about the choice I made. It is what it is. The bond is in the contract.

You're right about being polite.

B-767 fan
20th Feb 2023, 14:38
hello everyone, im type Rated 737 FO what do you think the process is for type rated applicants, and are the salaries or "compensation" the same for type rated FOs?

uberfly
22nd Feb 2023, 20:03

Type rating : 35k€ and not 39k€ as written. It's on their website.

There is NO bond. Nothing to pay unless you leave within 4 months after the last OPC/LPC and only if they are able to make you fly within the 15 days.

I am just reading official contract. Please see copy paste below in italic. There is penalty in case you leave if you join as scale 1. You claim there is not, but here you are.

- 10,000 EUR for First officers joined at scale 1
if leaving within 1st year from the date of initial
line check;
- 7,000 EUR for First officers joined at scale 1 if
leaving within 2nd year from the date of initial
line check;
- 5,000 EUR for First officers joined at scale 1 if
leaving within 3rd year from the date of initial
line check;

Ice033
23rd Feb 2023, 06:39
I am just reading official contract. Please see copy paste below in italic. There is penalty in case you leave if you join as scale 1. You claim there is not, but here you are.

- 10,000 EUR for First officers joined at scale 1
if leaving within 1st year from the date of initial
line check;
- 7,000 EUR for First officers joined at scale 1 if
leaving within 2nd year from the date of initial
line check;
- 5,000 EUR for First officers joined at scale 1 if
leaving within 3rd year from the date of initial
line check;

When did you sign your contract and with which agency ?

I don't have this in mine then I understand I am not a cadet. I did the TR with their ATO but not my entire training.

​​​​​None of us is having this in our contract.

mindaugenius
23rd Feb 2023, 09:48
looks like a confair contract i have the same, I did my training at BAA (**** school btw) people even quit before joining smartlynx ha

Ice033
24th Feb 2023, 09:38
Cadet is when you do all your initial training with BAA and Smartlynx ATO. But if you apply for the type rating only, you don't have such things in your contract.

pil372
25th Feb 2023, 06:38
Anyone has any information about the working conditions with SmartLynx

gigachad
26th Feb 2023, 15:48
went to their booth in pilotexpo berlin on the 24-25.2.2023 and literally one of their representative pilots told me that they were looking for another job , they were waiting an answer from eurowings or something and that they have flown 0bh since winter and that they came to the expo just to get a chance to talk to the management to schedule them to fly 😂 tells you alot about the company :)
ladies and gentelmen, these are the words of the slx representative at pilot expo berlin. cant make this up...

gigachad
26th Feb 2023, 16:07
went to their booth in pilotexpo berlin on the 24-25.2.2023 and literally one of their representative pilots told me that they were looking for another job , they were waiting an answer from eurowings or something and that they have flown 0bh since winter and that they came to the expo just to get a chance to talk to the management to schedule them to fly 😂 tells you alot about the company https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif
ladies and gentelmen, these are the words of the slx representative at pilot expo berlin. cant make this up

MD83FO
28th Mar 2023, 11:09
Hello guys, any input regarding Miami base for experienced 320 captains?
or next better assigned bases for new Joiners?

uberfly
3rd Apr 2023, 07:52
Hello guys, any input regarding Miami base for experienced 320 captains?
or next better assigned bases for new Joiners?

Base assignment is kind of a lottery. You can always request your preferred base(s) but likelihood you will get it in my opinion is 50-50. Especially if you are new joiner I think they will assign you to least desired base. This is because they lost almost half of their loyal and long term working pilots after disgraceful contract offer for 2023. Many CPT and FOs left to mostly competitors ACMI. So i believe they would really want to make people already in company happy and give them base they requested so you will be last one to get it. I can also give example from last years, many pilots from Belgium, Netherlands or Germany couldn't get the bases where they live and they were sent other countries while they sent pilots from other countries to those countries where company has bases. Most people did not understand why...

They did few adjustment and so called improvement however not much changed. Comparing to pre-covid you end up still less money at home and also considering inflation in the EU it is even worser.

EC-KIY
14th Apr 2023, 19:45
Hey guys, simple question. If you could decide between SmartLynx, Avion Express, or any other ACMI, which one would you choose and why?

uberfly
18th Apr 2023, 08:49
Hey guys, simple question. If you could decide between SmartLynx, Avion Express, or any other ACMI, which one would you choose and why?

They are more or less same in terms of variety of flying, organisation and bases. Of course Smartlynx and Avion being under large holding Avia Solution Group is advantage for them to bring some business in winter season while other smaller ACMI struggles more getting projects in winter time. For the moment with the latest revision best money is offered by Avion Express, Heston is following them while Smartlynx pay %40 less of Avion Express and %30 less of Heston (approximate numbers for FOs more than 500 hours on type). If you want to earn more or less acceptable fee while having fair approach from company I would recommend Heston Airlines. While both Avion express and Smartlynx treat their Pilots like piece of **** (sorry for my language). Of course there are plenty of more ACMI companies nowadays popping up like a mushrooms such as Electra Airways, Nordica, Fly2Sky and so on however not much information about them. For sure they are not paying great neither treating their pilots well. They are relying on cheap labor force for making profit like any other ACMI.

All those companies in my opinion very good for beginners and adventure seekers if we disregard what I wrote in previous paragraph.

MAV2023
12th Jul 2023, 14:57
Hey guys,
I´m thinking of enrolling in an A320 TR course at Smartlinx, but i would like to know your overall experience with them? How was it during the course and how was it after finished it? I would appreciate some recent information, negative or positive.
Was it difficult to accumulate some hours even in winter?

Thanks in advance

uberfly
15th Jul 2023, 08:35
Hey guys,
I´m thinking of enrolling in an A320 TR course at Smartlinx, but i would like to know your overall experience with them? How was it during the course and how was it after finished it? I would appreciate some recent information, negative or positive.
Was it difficult to accumulate some hours even in winter?

Thanks in advance

If you join them after TR, which is quite likely considering turnover rates in company, you will make max around 600 hours a year. Winter is low, sometimes 0 hours flying in some months sometimes more. Depends on the project and how lucky you get chosen by crew planning department.

polishair
22nd Jul 2023, 22:09
any idea how long approx it takes for them to get back with interview dates after initial application?

Kani25
26th Jul 2023, 21:54
About 1 month

misteredin2
2nd Aug 2023, 09:00
I sent my application at the end of April this year and they invited me for the online pre assessment a couple weeks later, in mid May. Had the online interview first week of June and they contacted me one week later with a positive result. My TR course is scheduled to start in late fall/winter this year.

misteredin2
2nd Aug 2023, 09:10
You pay your type rating, It is 35K Euros. You pay in from your pocket. If you leave within 3 years you need to pay certain amount of penalty which I do not know exact number but it should be between 7 to 10 K. After SLX might offer your service agreement (most likely they will) which you are employed by agencies in either Dubai, Malta or Netherlands. During line training you got paid 50 euro each day which means you can make up to 1500 Euros per month before income tax and social security contributions (make sure there is no guaranteed work so you can be spending half of the month at home while you are only 10 days on duty which will make you only 500 euros). Line training takes approximately 2-3 months if you are lucky. Accommodation is paid when you are on duty, crew meals provided (only on active flying day) and ticket from home to home is provided once a month.

After line check and up to 500 hours from line check you got paid 80 Euros a day which you can make maximum 2400 euro a month before income tax and social security contributions. You may end up earning 0 Euros. Remember no guaranteed fee until you pass 500 hours after line check. So we are talking about absolutely maximum in case all goes well. And you can count 1-1,5 year to reach 500 hours limit in the company.

As per their email:

Currently we offer contracts with pay per duty day + additional BLH compensation (15-20 EUR/BLH) and sector fee (15-20 EUR).

Please see information below:

0-100 BLH – 80 EUR per Flight Duty Period

101-500 BLH – 130 EUR per Flight Duty Period

501-1500 (tel:501-1500) BLH – 150 EUR per Flight Duty Period

1500- BLH – 170 EUR per Flight Duty Period

uberfly
2nd Aug 2023, 15:03
As per their email:

Currently we offer contracts with pay per duty day + additional BLH compensation (15-20 EUR/BLH) and sector fee (15-20 EUR).

Please see information below:

0-100 BLH – 80 EUR per Flight Duty Period

101-500 BLH – 130 EUR per Flight Duty Period

501-1500 (tel:501-1500) BLH – 150 EUR per Flight Duty Period

1500- BLH – 170 EUR per Flight Duty Period

Block hour compensation starts only from +80 hours in summer and +30 in winter period so don't take it granted. You will hardly make +80 hours in 20-10 rotation in summer time. I am not aware of any sector fee payment, if there is any it is for sure after certain sector such us +30 sectors or so. Also to my knowledge there is only 3 scales between 0-500 which pays 100 euro per duty day. For sure different pay term during line training for cadets.

I forgot to mentioned numbers you wrote only for summer season which consist 7 months. Remaining 5 months you received reduced fees.

Of course they might have few adjustment to attract more people since they are lack of crew.

MAV2023
3rd Aug 2023, 15:14
I sent my application at the end of April this year and they invited me for the online pre assessment a couple weeks later, in mid May. Had the online interview first week of June and they contacted me one week later with a positive result. My TR course is scheduled to start in late fall/winter this year.

Hi Misteredin2,
What follows once you finish the course? Do you know how long it takes OCC and Line Training?

elko
3rd Aug 2023, 19:20

Congratulations on the positive result!

Could you give some details on how the assessment went? Like, how was the online pre assessment and the online interview, what type of questions and tests they asked on each one?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kani25
4th Aug 2023, 19:25
Has someone the a320 cbt ?

polishair
31st Aug 2023, 00:00
any idea how long approx it takes for them to get back with interview dates after initial application?
its been a bit over than a month now but no reply. Anyone else had the same experience?

Kani25
31st Aug 2023, 07:15
its been a bit over than a month now but no reply. Anyone else had the same experience?

Send them An e-mail, they will inform you asap

Bica
6th Sep 2023, 01:36
I got this from the broker as I have more than 1500hrs on type:

”Scale 3 would be applicable for you.
In summer, you can expect to receive 170*30 monthly fee, plus 55 EUR per BLH which exceeds 80 BLH per month & in winter 135*30, plus 20 EUR BLH fee which exceeds 30 BLH per month, and 90 EUR per BLH which exceeds 80 BLH per month. Please note duty allowance will be applicable after completion of trainings.”

Basically is what we can find on Wikipedia if you Google it!

What I understand is for the ones with no hours on type and until reaching 500hrs the payment is poor :/

MAV2023
6th Sep 2023, 19:25
Hi
I'm exploring various possibilities and would appreciate gaining insight into the conditions that SLX has to offer and the operational aspects following the completion of the Type Rating.
After completing the Type Rating and receiving a job offer, what is the estimated duration for completing the Line Training? Is there any compensation during this period, including accommodation and meals, or is it only provided on the days when you are actively flying?
How long does it typically take to reach the initial 100 flight hours? Did you have any difficulty flying in the winter? How many sectors are expected to be completed per month? Are only the sectors exceeding 34 paid?
Lastly, is the duty fee payable for a maximum of 20 days or 30 days? I don´t understand, cause some multiply by 20 and others by 30. Do you have any idea about the tax and social contributions discount rate?

I apologize for the abundance of questions, but I truly value any assistance you can offer.

uberfly
7th Sep 2023, 08:36
I got this from the broker as I have more than 1500hrs on type:

”Scale 3 would be applicable for you.
In summer, you can expect to receive 170*30 monthly fee, plus 55 EUR per BLH which exceeds 80 BLH per month & in winter 135*30, plus 20 EUR BLH fee which exceeds 30 BLH per month, and 90 EUR per BLH which exceeds 80 BLH per month. Please note duty allowance will be applicable after completion of trainings.”

Basically is what we can find on Wikipedia if you Google it!

What I understand is for the ones with no hours on type and until reaching 500hrs the payment is poor :/

Few correction as per my knowledge. With what you say maximum yearly basic income 47,850 Euros (Gross) for highest scale of FO. 7 months pay from 170 Euro and 3 months pay from 135 Euros is guaranteed. If it has not changed company keep rights to send you unpaid leave for 60 days during winter season, where you will most likely get it during downturn. You will hardly ever exceed 80 block hours in summer time. 20-10 rotation. Winter time you will hardly exceed 20-30 hours unless you are send to operate to specific project for a period of 3-4 weeks. Only 2 ways to go above mention amount is to either sell your days off (i think 200 euros for each day sold) during summer from 10 days off period or to volunteer to go to Nigeria during winter time.

Judgement about if they pay is good or bad is up to you, dont forget it is gross amounts, it is your choice to pay the taxes at your home residence or not.

MAV2023
7th Sep 2023, 11:54
I would like if someone could clarify the following doubt for me:
If the contract specifically states "Duty allowance paid per duty day," how do you calculate this values based on a 30-day month rather than the actual 20 days we will be flying?

TheEdge
7th Sep 2023, 12:22
Guys, smartlynx is the cancer of aviation.

Akfinisher
8th Sep 2023, 09:20
Hi. Do you still working there? I just want to ask about working conditions.

Foro
10th Oct 2023, 23:46
Hi guys I’m thinking to apply in SmartLynx to do the type on A320 then after 500h move into another company. I have a few friends inside it but not everybody is talking good about it. Do you have a contract to publish here to be more conscious what I’m about to join? If is not worth I’m moving into rayan. Yes same conditions but at least I can work.
thanks

uberfly
16th Oct 2023, 14:43
Hi guys I’m thinking to apply in SmartLynx to do the type on A320 then after 500h move into another company. I have a few friends inside it but not everybody is talking good about it. Do you have a contract to publish here to be more conscious what I’m about to join? If is not worth I’m moving into rayan. Yes same conditions but at least I can work.
thanks

Hey Foro, i am sorry to say that but there is no comparison between Ryan air and Smartlynx. This is comparing apples with bananas. Choice is obvious. If you want to get the conditions of Smartlynx just apply via first link you found on internet, you will immediately receive the T&Cs.

Ice033
17th Oct 2023, 09:11
thanks

Conditions for this winter below 500h : 130€/day. You can sell your off days for 200€. Indian project will be the main one with 3 choices for rotations : 23/8, 30/11, 45/11. BOM or BLR.
No UPL for this winter and until end of November 2024.

Same conditions will apply next year + 5k bonus. 40% in July, 60% in November.

Not the best airlines obviously but if you are single, without any commitment at home and you want to see something different it's good.
As he said, you cannot compare RYR and SLX...

Skyview05
16th Nov 2023, 10:01
Hey guys! Does anyone know which are the current bases for the 737 fleet? Thanks.

Efis737
28th Nov 2023, 14:41
I'm 737 rated, but its been a while since on the line (Covid + personal circumstances). I have been invited to do a 737 simulator assessment with them in Barcelona. Does anyone have any idea what to expect? Anyone here working for them on the B737 or with any other Smartlynx simulator experience?
I'm not looking for opinions on the company, just details about the assessment. Many thanks!!

MAV2023
6th Dec 2023, 13:29
Hi guys,
I have heard that students have to pay for de-icing. Does anyone have an idea of how much we are talking about?
Thanks in advance

Consol
6th Dec 2023, 23:32
Hi guys,
I have heard that students have to pay for de-icing. Does anyone have an idea of how much we are talking about?
Thanks in advance
Heard or factual source? Highly unlikely. If so walk away, fast.

Dodidi
10th Dec 2023, 12:47
Hey guys! Does anyone know which are the current bases for the 737 fleet? Thanks.
Current 737 bases are YUL in Canada (with YHZ and YYZ expected to open soon), MUC and LEJ in Germany and SAW in Turkey.

inabw
13th Dec 2023, 06:31
Current 737 bases are YUL in Canada (with YHZ and YYZ expected to open soon), MUC and LEJ in Germany and SAW in Turkey.
do you know which type of roaster can I expect ??

Dodidi
13th Dec 2023, 16:13
do you know which type of roaster can I expect ??
Usually rotations of around 20 days on and 10 days off but it depends on contract etc.

hothighhumid
6th Jan 2024, 07:24
Hi guys, i am considering the a320 TR course with smartlynx and was wondering if there is any one without an EU passport or right to live & work in EU who've done it and was offered a contract with them. Is that possible or should I look elsewhere...? Anyone? Thanks!

Richard_
7th Jan 2024, 13:53
have you emailed them and asked , also you may get a quicker reply on the telegram group for smartlynx

ddkp
9th Jan 2024, 10:50
I was told that the a320 TR is no longer available at the moment, only the B737 TR course for immediate start practically. If anyone has any different or new information feel free to share.

LEALLEMD
9th Jan 2024, 20:56
I was told that the a320 TR is no longer available at the moment, only the B737 TR course for immediate start practically. If anyone has any different or new information feel free to share.
Is this from now or previous applications will still be considered? We are many who are still waiting for the online assessment.

ddkp
11th Jan 2024, 19:40
Is this from now or previous applications will still be considered? We are many who are still waiting for the online assessment.

This information was from a couple of weeks ago.

joaoryoo
12th Jan 2024, 11:36
I advise you to assist their Pilot Roadshow, they will certainly answer those questions. They make one every Monday for pilots at 14:30ZT.

Richard_
17th Jan 2024, 13:29
anyone recently uploaded their docs and have been successfull or have friends flying for them, looking at applying but wanted to know is it worth to pay the 35k to join

flyingforfood
18th Jan 2024, 17:29
Its true that the company claim money on pilots after the recurrent training if you decide to leave?

Textonik
25th Jan 2024, 02:19
Its true that the company claim money on pilots after the recurrent training if you decide to leave?

It is true if less than two years in company, money is 4000 euros and it is valid four months after lpc/opc

Lakunas_
26th Feb 2024, 16:50
anyone recently uploaded their docs and have been successfull or have friends flying for them, looking at applying but wanted to know is it worth to pay the 35k to join

They closed the program until autumn of 2024. I applied waited month a got this answer.

wardbjuk
5th Mar 2024, 09:10
Guys,
Anyone have any info on the TR sim check?
I have one next week, but the slot is only 30min.
What to expect?
Thanks

Youngflyer1
19th Mar 2024, 21:00
Hi guys, i am considering the a320 TR course with smartlynx and was wondering if there is any one without an EU passport or right to live & work in EU who've done it and was offered a contract with them. Is that possible or should I look elsewhere...? Anyone? Thanks!
Hi Hothighhunmid,
Did you get any reply to your question?
I'd be interested in knowing.
Thanks