PDA

View Full Version : Job suggestion for Robbie Pilots

SASless
6th Jul 2002, 06:11
Chemtech has an ad in Justhelicopters for KV-107/CH-46 Instructor Pilots for Saudi Arabia.

I recently sent their recruiter an email suggesting what an acceptable work scheme and pay standard would be for such a position and got the following response.

"Thanks for you comments, however WILL NOT HAPPEN.
All the best,
Ron LaValle

Chemtech International Services
760-322-2288 phone/fax, located in Calif.
E. Mail, [email protected]"

I suggested a six week on and six week off rotation with business class airfare and $70,000 per year as the starting point.

This was counter to the current offer they advertise of 41 days paid leave with two air tickets provided per year, eligible for leave after six months, annual salary with bonus of $50,788 per annum.

The minimums for the job are now down to 1000 hours PIC time, 200 hours flight time in tandem rotor helicoters of any make, 100 hours as a CFI and the ability to pass an instrument rating, and have flown within the past two years. (info taken from the advert)

The job description indicates the job is as a flight and classroom instructor responsible for conducting Pilot and Co-pilot conversion courses,conduct ground and flight evaluation tests, fly night, instrument and currency flights for unit pilots, and conduct ground schools for related courses of instruction. Also required are firefighting,rescue, and emergency missions.(info from the advert)

Any experienced pilot can start in the Gulf of Mexico with any of the big three operators at a very comparable salary and work a one and one roster without having to live in a Saudi military BOQ for six months at a time and Chemtech really believes they are offering a good deal.

Any doubt why the minimum standards are so low?

All you Robbie pilots out there need to find a way to ride in a Columbia 107 for two hundred hours and you would be a lead pipe cinch to get that Saudi job!

Heck, offer to fly for Columbia for free....two months on a good logging show and you would be qualified for the Saudi gig! Tell Columbia I sent you....maybe I can get a recruiting bonus!:p :p :p

Thomas coupling
6th Jul 2002, 14:48
I like that......:D