PDA

View Full Version : Crew gun-mugged in Rio

Basil
11th Dec 2016, 17:15
British Airways flight crew held-up at gunpoint by armed robber in Brazil | London Evening Standard (http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/british-airways-flight-crew-heldup-at-gunpoint-by-armed-robber-in-brazil-a3417076.html)
The attacker held the gun against one of the crew’s face before forcing him and his son to hand over their phones and money

Many years ago, one of our pilots shoved a Rio mugger into the road where he was hit by a bus :ok:

EDMJ
11th Dec 2016, 18:25
Must be a slow day at the news desk today - and why does it have to be posted here?

Mr Magnetic
11th Dec 2016, 18:25
Poor bus driver...

golfyankeesierra
11th Dec 2016, 19:36
I really feel for those guys but, what is the news?
Never been to Rio I guess..

evansb
11th Dec 2016, 19:52
The populace have been told not to resist. The criminals have a carte blanche. High idiocy reigns.

wiggy
11th Dec 2016, 21:00
Never been to Rio I guess..

Nope, some definitely had, and at least one of those involved was a very very experienced Longhaul guy who has been around the network for years and into Rio few times.

Other crew members have been robbed etc in the past, crew are made aware of the risk but sometimes it's wrong place, wrong time.

As for the news coverage I think it was a case of farce book and a slow news day,

Fonsini
11th Dec 2016, 21:57
Brazil as a whole is in a tailspin, the videos coming out of that country show a particularly nasty level of social decay, and Rio is ground zero.

Very happy to hear the crew is ok.

MaximumPete
17th Dec 2016, 15:56
They're lucky that's all they lost! I know of a cruise ship crew member who was mugged for a kidney in St Petersburg.
MP