PDA

View Full Version : any UK airlines still do internal sponsorship

MiggHD
7th Dec 2016, 21:51
hey guys, I would like to know which airlines do internal sponsorship, say if cabin crew want a chance in the right hand seat?

thank you

gbotley
8th Dec 2016, 07:37
I believe EZY do. I've known of a couple to go through the school I'm at recently.

planedrive
8th Dec 2016, 09:18
Thomson run one - probably the best in the business with regards to being funded and type rated etc.

pilotjimbo
8th Dec 2016, 11:04
EZY through CTC, where you have the opportunity to apply for EZY to be a guarantor for your loan - however this is available for all candidates that pass their MPL selection, regardless of whether you already work for the company!

Virgin Atlantic are offering the same loan guarantee on their MPL scheme.

West Atlantic will sponsor your CPL/ME/IR should you pass their selection (minimum entry requirements are a PPL + Night)

I've never heard of Thomson doing such scheme, are you sure it's not just the type rating that is paid?

portsharbourflyer
8th Dec 2016, 21:13
Pilotjimbo, Thompson have an internal scheme for those that already hold a CPL/IR to transfer to the flight deck, as you say it only covers the type rating it is not an ab initio scheme.

MiggHD
8th Dec 2016, 22:13
so what do you guys think I should do? quit college and start training at modular school until I get CPL/IR? or join cabin crew in August?

average-punter
8th Dec 2016, 22:35
Neither. Leaving education would be a bad move.

You say "join cabin crew" as if it's like strolling into your local gym and signing up. Competition is fierce for a small number of places, you absolutely have to want to do the job and be able to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills to even stand a chance.

MiggHD
9th Dec 2016, 08:56
im only studying BTEC science level 2... not sure if its worth continuing