PDA

View Full Version : Who pprunes all day??

ickle black box
6th Mar 2001, 20:48
Who else works at a desk all day, with soo little to do, they can pprune all day? :) :)

ickle

------------------
If God had meant man to fly, He would have given him more money.

foghorn
6th Mar 2001, 20:56
Me!

CPL/IR starts in June. Can't wait.

GJB
6th Mar 2001, 21:05
never! I have FAR too much work to do http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

DeltaTango
6th Mar 2001, 21:19
here here....Internet supporter http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

In front of the screen.....aaaaaall day.
300 hr CPL/IR and nothing to put up with it
:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:
DT

ROTATION
6th Mar 2001, 21:25
That is so much what I do!! :) :)

Glad I'm not the only one.

Only till June too, thank God.

Do you also keep your mouse poised on the minimise button, so that one discreet left-click is all it takes to cover up your secret ppruning activities?? :) :)

How sad am I???

TooHotToFly
6th Mar 2001, 23:57
ROTATION - I'm with you on that one. Either PPRuNe or Solataire.

landedoutagain
7th Mar 2001, 00:26
work would actually be more interesting if could prune all day! i prefer minesweeper to solitaire - anyone beat 87 secs on expert?

StrateandLevel
7th Mar 2001, 00:30
But when you are qualified you will be sat in front of a screen doing nothing for 9 or 12 hours at a time. And you think its exciting!

VTOL
7th Mar 2001, 03:05
I used to...but apparently I'm not the only one in my company and our IT dept has now flagged PPrune as a "problem" website to management which means I now have to do work instead dammit!!

VTOL :mad:

Flypuppy
7th Mar 2001, 12:57
It cost me a bottle of Scotch to keep the IT guys sweet so I could continue with my addiction. How will I cope when I have to study instead of PPRuNing all day?

Blindside
7th Mar 2001, 13:43
I'm very lucky. I can PPrune as much as I want if I'm in the office, nobody really understands the internet where I work.

However, I do get disparaging looks from the wife in the evening.

flyingwigwam
7th Mar 2001, 15:25
Rotation -

Instead of sitting with the mouse tab poised on the minimise button, I find it is more effective to open up another window with some important looking work type document. You can then use alt / tab to toggle between the windows. Works like a charm.

Make sure that the document you toggle to is not your CV!!

More fun at the office for the seriously bored:

+ Use a paper clip to discreetly tie up the cord at the base of your colleagues phone. Phone him and watch the fun.

+ Swop two letters on your victims keyboard.

+ Go into windows settings, mouse settings and set the mouse button to left click. When your mate asks you for help since his mouse doesn't work, act like you think he is an imbecile when it works fine for you

+ Set the language settings on your mates computer to Arabic or similar

+ In Word, set up the autoreplace function to irritatingly insert spelling errors or other innapropriate words. This works best when the victim is one of those typists who doesn't look at the screen when he/she types.

+ One of my mates at work left a post it note with a message for me to urgently phone Mrs Palmer at a given number. Needless to say I found myself listening to the masturbation help line!

Let me know how you get on. Anyone else got any ideas for avoiding doing anything productive at work??

Snoop
7th Mar 2001, 15:55
CPL/IR Frozen ATPL 420 hours.

And now I sell websites, waheyyy. I certainly trained for that one. Not.

I do however have to look at hundreds of websites for designs Ideas, critique e.c.t that means, Man do I pprune.

"It's because of all the usefull links boss" :) :) :) :) :) :)

------------------
Snoop

[This message has been edited by Snoop (edited 07 March 2001).]

7th Mar 2001, 16:14
Me

------------------
London Tower this is Skyflash...

Rote 8
7th Mar 2001, 18:55
All of us who work in IT, which seems to be a good percentage.

ROTATION
7th Mar 2001, 19:45
Alt/Tab ...... Brilliant! :)

schooner
7th Mar 2001, 23:57
Flyingwigwam......great tip on using tab/alt to toggle screens. Used it all today and I don`t look half as guilty as I used to in the office !!!

Cheers

RVR800
8th Mar 2001, 15:02
... another IT bloke

ickle black box
8th Mar 2001, 18:47
Being in IT, I sit at my desk all day, with a superfast internet connection :), and almost no work to do, trying to work out where I should fly and what ratings to do this year. Tough life eh :)

ickle (Looking out the window dreaming of the clear Florida sky I'll see in a few months) :)

Barney Stubble
8th Mar 2001, 18:52
I'm a pilot, and I only PPrune when it's raining. When it's nice I go flying. Not a bad job really.

foghorn
8th Mar 2001, 22:25
by the way I'm also another IT'er.

flyingwigwam
9th Mar 2001, 14:06
Rotation, Schooner:

Glad I could be of assistance in raising your un-productivity to new levels!

Professor TailSpin
9th Mar 2001, 15:57
Alt/Tab is the saviour for all of us IT PPruners. Without it, I'm sure that someone would have noticed and had a severe word in my ear.

What would I do without Pprune all day??? Work, probably!!

Barley Sugar
9th Mar 2001, 20:23
I used to find alt-tab good but then I discovered a better way. Invest is 3 button mouse and set the 3rd button to minimise so the tell tale keyboard press is not needed.

Spot the swift finger movement Mr Boss.

------------------
Barley sugars, the travel sweet.
Never leave home without them.

Airborne Hamster
10th Mar 2001, 00:43
I suppose pprune is ideally suited to most pilots because many of us have bugger all to do for most of the time!

I'd actually like to do a bit more flying thankyou.Mad ehh? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif