PDA

View Full Version : atc comminication problem.

in_hell
28th Nov 2016, 04:50
Hi guys , i am ppl student , i have 67 hour and i even couldnt go to first cross country solo because of my atc comminication. My landing , maneuvers,everything is good, but atc comminication is bad. Sometimes i do very stupid mistakes about atc comminication and especially when i am talking with approching. Because of my atc comminication skills (approching) , i flew with my instructor 5 time cross country.No navigation problem, no landing, no anything, only because of atc. My instructor wanna be sure about my safety flight. and she is right. So can you advise anything for me atc comminication. I start to feel stupid and i so sad about this issue. thanks for answer.

jamesgrainge
28th Nov 2016, 20:56
Your written submission tells me English isn't your first language?

in_hell
29th Nov 2016, 01:16
yes, you are right.

Halvdan
29th Nov 2016, 08:30
My best advice would be to buy one of those cheap radio scanners (that covers the airband communication frequency range), and listen, listen, listen and listen :o)

There are also a number of different ATC's from around the world, from ground upwards to area controls that are live streamed through internet and can be listened to. I've heard this streaming could also be available through app(s) for your mobile device.

jamesgrainge
29th Nov 2016, 14:47
Although valid my view is a little different. Getting used to ATC is the hardest thing to manage while airborne. Perhaps make a list of commands, and have a friend talk through them, giving the correct response, whilst you do another task to try and become used to them. Also you will need a competent level of English, both written and verbal, for interviews, so get practicing. Good luck.

mponse
29th Nov 2016, 22:32
As @Halvdan said, the best way is to listen, listen and listen. I use LiveATC (http://www.liveatc.net/) (they also have a mobile app).

jack11111
29th Nov 2016, 22:55
Buy a Citizen's Band radio at Radio Shack, a simple base antenna and a headset/mike set-up. No license required.

Loads of people to talk to in Florida I'm sure.

Practice, meet some strange people and have a good time.

Oh, are you a citizen?

in_hell
30th Nov 2016, 08:59
thanks your all advice guys , hopefully i am gonna overcome.

Kayvaan
30th Nov 2016, 10:47
Have you done your RT test yet? Find a good RT instructor and spend some time with them. Discuss the problem.

MarkerInbound
30th Nov 2016, 12:42
The OP says they are in Florida. They don't say if they are working on a FAA certificate or EASA license. The FAA system does not have a RT test or RT instructors.

youngretired
30th Nov 2016, 19:35
Well, as another non-native English speaker I can suggest to repeat like a parrot.
I assume your instructor has doubts about ATC may not understand your words and that may cause bigger problems for you.
On the ground: Listen, repeat and try to imitate your voice. Correct your pronunciation. Your vocal paths is set for your native language. So you should practice to switch them to English.
On the air: Listen each word of what you hear on radio. Take notes, don't rush, think what you want to say.