PDA

View Full Version : I guess this is why CASA get it so wrong

Band a Lot
27th Nov 2016, 04:14
I know CASA staff send much of their stuff to the "Legal Team" to get legal support for their enforcement/argument/ idea.

You really need to wonder how good that "Legal Advice" is on such a low salary for a "Senior Lawyer" $112,046 for a good one!

https://portal.casa.gov.au/erec/

:rolleyes::oh::confused:

kaz3g
27th Nov 2016, 04:27
This is a higher salary than senior lawyers attract in many areas of government...not many lawyers hit the big dollars despite the popular belief to the contrary.

It will benefit from salary packaging which will reduce taxable income by around $15k.

Kaz

Band a Lot
27th Nov 2016, 04:43
Quality is a factor of salary in private sector!

About 4 years ago - so still under par.

http://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/features/10892-it-s-all-about-the-money-salary-survey-report

Mr Approach
27th Nov 2016, 04:46
It's fairly clear from ICAO that personnel involved in surveillance should get remuneration comparable to those they inspect - so should it be Government lawyer pay or comparable with airline lawyer pay. I doubt the FOI's and others are getting the same pay as airline pilots - or are they.....

ICAO Doc 8335 Manual of Procedures for Operations Inspection, I-5-2 Certification and Continued Surveillance
The ability of a State to effectively supervise and control commercial air transport operations in the public interest is dependent upon the competence of the CAA inspectorate. To effectively fulfill its responsibilities, the CAA inspectorate needs to be properly organized and staffed with qualified personnel capable of accomplishing the required wide range of technical inspection activities. To adequately perform their duties, it is important that the CAA inspectorate staff have the qualifications, operational or technical work experience, and training compatible with the operations that they are required to certificate or inspect and that their qualifications compare favourably with those of operator personnel they will encounter in their inspections. Furthermore, the CAA inspectorate staff should enjoy conditions of service and remuneration consistent with their education, technical knowledge and experience and comparable to those personnel of the operator whose activities they will inspect and supervise.