PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket?

BEagle
26th Nov 2016, 15:15
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing Photobucket? I've been unable to upload anything for the past few days....

It used to be simple and easy to use. But not now - contaminated with advertising and sundry garbage like many websites...:mad:

ShyTorque
26th Nov 2016, 18:23
Photobucket is, in my experience, a very poor/slow site compared to how it used to be.

It seems to work slightly better on Apple devices, but even so I've had difficulty using it for some time now.

jimtherev
26th Nov 2016, 21:52
Yup. Quite a few friends on here use Pb to share pics. None of 'em have downloaded here for at least a couple of weeks. Might have got here eventually, but I wasn't that patient.
So it's farewell to the Admiral's pics of old NE England...

Phalconphixer
27th Nov 2016, 01:19
Just a test...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/foxbat/Capture%201280_zps8ovjyu4i.jpg

Fareastdriver
3rd Dec 2016, 09:48
I have found a dodge if you want to store and copy a picture to pPrune.

Upload as normal but the picture initially seems a bit cropped. When saving it it seems to be an eternity of it to display, if ever. However whilst the buffering circle is going around the link is displayed in the box. It will not highlight in the normal sense but if you track to the end , highlight whilst tracking back to the beginning it will copy the link.

You can then post it without having to see the whole thing on Photobucket.

bingofuel
3rd Dec 2016, 10:16
How long will it be before someone uploads that picture of Susannah York for the benefit of BEagle?

PPRuNe Towers
3rd Dec 2016, 10:26
You do have your own built in library for photos to be uploaded and stored here on this site if you explore the yellow bar at the top of every page. You can also upload from your hard drive direct into a post. This also applies to files and documents.

Rob

India Four Two
9th Dec 2016, 17:34
You do have your own built in library for photos to be uploaded and stored here on this siteBut can I display them full size, rather than just thumbnails?

BEagle,

I've also been having problems with PB. Very slow and I've been unable to upload.

PPRuNe Towers
9th Dec 2016, 17:38
800 pixel longest edge from the library - trying to get them to up something that's less that Instagram standard.

2000 pixel longest edge from direct posting. Thumbnail is small but a click on it brings up the full res.

Rob

India Four Two
19th Dec 2016, 08:10
I'm ready to give up on Photobucket. It's just too slow!

Any recommendations for an alternative?

spannersatcx
19th Dec 2016, 12:45
flickr (https://www.flickr.com/).........

longer ron
19th Dec 2016, 15:30
With photobucket I usually open it up and then leave it for a while so that the ads/videos calm down a bit - it is usually ok then.
Interestingly my partner also uses PB and her version looks and operates totally different to mine (same PC)