PDA

View Full Version : New to dispatch. How to send SITA and AFTN ?

Raydispatch
25th Nov 2016, 20:40
Hello guys and girls,

I work for a private company operating small turboprops for corporate reasons.We have no aoc and no plans to get one. Most of our flights are trough Russia/EU border occasionally overflying Turkish and Belarus airspace.
In a better days we could afford a decent european dispatch company that would do all for us , from flight planning to permits /slots.
Nowadays we are counting pennies and i am a lucky pilot who got assigned to dispatch and flight planning duties.
Things are pretty straight forward with Flight plans all i need is autoroute and file option from my software.

But when it gets to Overfly and Entry Permit i am facing concrete wall.
As an example Belarus permit requires AFTN or SITA code to be sent to UMMDYAYX.

Is there a way i can send AFTn with my Laptop?:}

If not , how difficult and beurocratic can it get to connect to one?

Maybe there is some inexpensive medium company between a mortal pilot and AFTn people?

Thanks!

dc9-32
26th Nov 2016, 06:44
Get connected to ARINC Avinet Type B messaging software for about $100 a month if low use. Message me for details.

Booglebox
26th Nov 2016, 18:04
You shouldn't need SITA for that. EuroFPL lets you send AFTN messages for free or very cheap.

Raydispatch
27th Nov 2016, 00:26
dc9-32

Thanks

This is interesting, I googled and it brought me to roc.c website. From their faq i understand that "Type B Messaging is a means for exchanging electronic messages with aviation partners and businesses across the globe"
Is it connected to national FCC's ?Belarus FCC requeres a tailored AFTN message to grant overf.permit ?

Booglebox

Do you mean i could send a non FPL format AFTN message ? Because from what i researched from my EuroFpl account is that they allow you to send a standart FPL and delay message to a specified AFTN address.

Thanks

Booglebox
28th Nov 2016, 03:28
Suggest you email eurofpl and ask them for access to the free text AFTN feature.
Otherwise there's always AFPEx... but you need either an ICAO license and a UK postcode, or some money.

dc9-32
28th Nov 2016, 06:19
Raydispatch

Message me for more details including contacts of the people to set up the account.

Basically, Avinet software allows you to send SITA and/or AFTN messages direct to the receiver, i.e. CAA offices for OVF/LND permit requests.

You can store templates too so you don't have to type from the beginning each time :-)