PDA

View Full Version : ATPL residential course at Guildhall

rockaria
6th Mar 2001, 20:34
Hi all i am looking to do the modular route but on a full time basis. i know that there have been previous discussions about ATPL courses but most of these seem to be about distance learning.

I want to do a residential ATPL course and have shortlisted either Cranfield or Guildhall. I have visited both places and their stats etc seem to be on equal par. The main advantage is that Guildhall is just down the road from where i live already so i wont have to move and their course is considerably cheaper. However i want to make sure my chance for employment is the best that it can be following this route.

Has anyone taken the course (or any others) at Guildhall? did you like it? do airlines and employers mind where you took your ATPLs or do they just look at the end results?

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome

Mr Incognito
6th Mar 2001, 22:22
Listen - the difference between Cranfield and Guildhall modular courses is negligible. I know people at Cranfield and apart from the slight difference in feedback question quality there is little to choose between the two! Cranfield is slightly better on that front but Guildhall will try and teach you the whole JAR syllabus therefore hopefully making up for this slight disadvantage. Guildhall is quite a bit cheaper too and the lecturers are generally good. If you live locally I would recommend Guildhall.

NB. My advice is good for the modular course but doesn't quite apply to the integrated course at Cranfield (although I do know people at Cranfield on that too!).

Whatever you choose good luck!

airpayne
6th Mar 2001, 22:33
GUILDHALL highly recommended. They provide quality education the other lot take your money