PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Pacific SFO upgrades

Smokie
20th Nov 2016, 23:40
Any info on upgrades? I hear if successful you get upgraded after 3-6 months?
However, contract is only for 2 years, are they really going to let you go after 2 years or will you get your contract extended?
Thanks.

Bus Junkie
21st Nov 2016, 12:37
$32k USD for the upgrade and a 2 year bond, unless you are from Auz. Then just $8k (cost of the sim training) and a two year agreement.

Smokie
22nd Nov 2016, 00:53
I did hear that Jetstar pay for the upgrade.
However, I did not hear about the bond, which actually seems reasonable.
Maybe different agencies have different agreements?

Bus Junkie
22nd Nov 2016, 01:16
Paying for upgrades? Bonds? You wankers are the reason pay is so low and working conditions are on par with slave labour.

izu
22nd Nov 2016, 01:34
$32k USD for the upgrade and a 2 year bond, unless you are from Auz. Then just $8k (cost of the sim training) and a two year agreement.

You need to pay these 32K in advance to get your upgrade ? Why this difference between Auz and other nationality ?

OM4
22nd Nov 2016, 02:10
I think it's more that Aussie jetstar guys are being supported by jetstar Aus to go over. So jetstar Aus would pay. But I'm not actually sure if there will be a bond or any pay upfront cost to said pilot. I personally will not be paying for an upgrade, I will be comfortable with a bond though.

Smokie
23rd Nov 2016, 01:15
I would agree with OM4 , happy enough for a bond but will not be paying for upgrade
my self.
Agencey has told me that JSP pay for upgrade, which is fine with me.
My original question was would they extend your contract, as less than 18 months after upgrade seems a bit odd in this situation.