PDA

View Full Version : RN "Fashion Show" at Old Trafford.

doubledolphins
5th Jul 2002, 13:14
Can any one please shed a little bit of light on the feature on BBC North West TV Last night? ( 4 JUL ) According to the reporter the RN are now trying to get young people to join by showing them all the "Stylish Uniforms" they will get to wear! All rigs were being modelled by a large group of Naval Officers some of whom arrived in a Lynx (hence my feeble excuse for asking the question here). The two Naval Officers in this household watched as disbelief turned to severe embarasment and a profound hope that none of our neighbours were watching! Let's hope this was a one off! If I had joined for the uniform, I would have joined the Guards.:mad:

Jimlad
5th Jul 2002, 13:50
Naval Officers Uniforms and Stylish - shall we just spot the slight mistake in that phrase :)

Having just spent the past two days ironing tropical uniform for a visit to somewhere nice n'warm, I would like to formally rename the RN officers tropical uniform from 3aw or whatever its called to the "guaranteed not to pull, even with the clientele from Jo's rig"
:)

WE Branch Fanatic
5th Jul 2002, 15:37
Bah humbug!!!

Avoiding Action
5th Jul 2002, 17:09
Were they well pressed with nice sharp creases?:D :D :D

Scud-U-Like
6th Jul 2002, 23:47
Hmm, I can just see the RAF using our uniforms to boost recruitment:

"Simon is wearing the latest in saggy-arsed, shabby chic flying gear. Then there's Barry in a variation on the classic, plain, monochrome RAC patrolman look and Deborah is modelling a pair of high-heeled...............woops, over she goes!"