PDA

View Full Version : Storm Angus

Maddie
20th Nov 2016, 08:23
Hi, I am due to fly back from Amsterdam to Dublin, mid morning tomorrow and on from there to Manchester in the afternoon. How bumpy are those flights likely to be, winds are forecast to be over 40 kph.

Also, coming into Amsterdam yesterday around 3.30pm, (Saturday 19th) about 5 mins before landing we flew through some snow and what seemed like heavy hailstones, how heavy were those showers and could there be similar tomorrow.

Any advice or info. is appreciated as I am thinking of rescheduling to later in the week.

Thank you.

MathFox
20th Nov 2016, 16:31
Looking outside, It seems the worst is over and whether forecasts say tomorrow will be an ordinary day for the Netherlands.

Maddie
20th Nov 2016, 17:52
Thank you for your reply. It has definitely calmed down. I am still keeping my options open though as the storm may still be over Ireland and UK.

alserire
20th Nov 2016, 21:30
Storm seems to be affecting the south of England and south Wales. It's calm as hell in Dublin tonight with moderate to fresh winds expected tomorrow. You'll be fine.

Maddie
21st Nov 2016, 13:17
[QUOTE=alserire;9584647]Storm seems to be affecting the south of England and south Wales. It's calm as hell in Dublin tonight with moderate to fresh winds expected tomorrow. You'll be fine.[/QU
Thank you, I just could not do it when I saw the wind level in Dublin this morning. I feel such an idiot, I have done hypnosis twice in the last month, it has made me regress. I have flights to Lisbon mid-December and one to Chicago at Christmas, I need to hit myself hard over the head.

I am returning today via Eurostar with connection from London.

I am working in North Wales at the moment, so if anybody can recommend some therapy I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Maddie

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st Nov 2016, 14:23
<<40 kph>>

That is not too strong and, at some airfields, will be experienced quite often. The storm has passed southern England where I live but the winds are still quite breezy, exceeding 40kph at times. Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy a safe and comfy flight.

Heathrow Harry
21st Nov 2016, 17:05
went through CDG Sunday p/m - lots of rain but didn't seem to be affecting operations at all