PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL\IR

BUDGIE
24th Nov 2001, 02:25
Can you do the CPL then IR without having the ATPL credits i.e. do them immediately afterwards? Or more to the point do 7 of the exams and then your CPL and IR then do the remaining exams? Basically can someone do all of the above before July 2002 whilst starting December modular route with a PPL?
I thought I had this grasped but I'm getting confused again so couldn't answer the question :( I thought they just won't get the licence issue till the ATPL credits were acquired but within 36months of the IR or it all becomes invalid.

Cheers
Budgie

emu
24th Nov 2001, 05:02
You can start the IR flying anytime. It wouldn't be issued until you passed the IR Theory (Part of ATPL Theory and not available separately at the moment I think). You could not start the CPL without having passed the CPL theory (again part of ATPL theory). I may be wrong with this as its second had info but to get both CPL and IR by 06/02 you would need to complete ATPL GS and 14 exams and flying which would be almost impossible. :(

Matthewjharvey
24th Nov 2001, 12:24
I know that all the current BA cadets have completed their CPL skills tests but not yet finished all the JAR writtens. I don't know if that is just a quirk of their course or not.
It is possible to do this all by July next year but will take much hard work. I started my distance learning course this July, passed all exams by November and have CPL skills test coming up next week. Hope to get IR done by early new year.

Julian
24th Nov 2001, 18:56
Seems a bit dumb to me having the IR theory part of the ATPL course! Needless expenditure of time and money...