PDA

View Full Version : Childre in Nead 1988

Mr Mac
18th Nov 2016, 21:13
All
I have just been made aware being ex UK, that tonight is Children in Need Night in the UK. Back in 1988 as a member of Roteract myself and my then girl friend Jill approached BMI about flying around collecting money for Children In Need for the week preceding the above, with me dressed as a Bear. It was vey successful and fun to be apart of, and as Sir Terry Wogan departed this earth this year, I felt appropriate to mention. Also I do not know if any cabin crew remember this but we have some photos which with Mrs Mac help I may be able to post, when we find them. But can I ask you by this post to give what ever you can to a worth while charity. If any cabin crew remember this it was a hoot !

Regards
Mr Mac

oopspff7
18th Nov 2016, 22:07
Ah yes.This is when we get told by tax dodging pop stars to give all we can.....

DaveReidUK
18th Nov 2016, 22:12
All those young people in that small community in Indiana will be grown up by now ...

parabellum
18th Nov 2016, 22:48
Where, exactly, is Nead please? ;-)

Mr Mac
19th Nov 2016, 06:21
All
Apologies to all, Bombay East obviously needed more Tonic !:O

Cheers
Mr Mac

olympus
27th Nov 2016, 15:58
Back in the nineties, for several years running, cabin crew at Air UK/KLM UK and Buzz (before the rules changed) used to auction off the jumpseat. Some very generous passengers got some enjoyable f/d rides.

Mr Mac
28th Nov 2016, 11:57
Olympus
I believe the year we did it, some of the crews we spoke to were going to do that on the Friday, and indeed I witnessed that happening on one of shuttle flights. I had one cockpit trip during that week on a flight from Brussels to Birmingham, partly as the captain thought it would be fun to see passengers reaction when a Bear came out of the cockpit at the end of the flight !.

Happy times
Regards
Mr Mac