PDA

View Full Version : A320 Software?

IB6-UB9
5th Jul 2002, 12:10
Looking for A320 Software used by trainees in Tolouse. The software in question was used on the freeplay PC's . They where practise IFR Procedures based on Tolouse plates.

Any idea would be appreciated.

airbuslad
6th Jul 2002, 19:54
Hi, I am been searching for the same for quite awhile. I have not been able to find anything in a freeplay FMGC trainer. There is an addon program for Microsoft Flight Sim 2002. It's call Airbus Pro and made by PSS Software. Here's their website:

http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/

I have used the program and it does an ok job with "armed ILS approaches" but I haven't tried any non precision approaches with it yet. It has a few quirks (software bugs but overall it does an ok job)

Let me know what you think.

ex330
6th Jul 2002, 22:15
Dear Airbuslad,

just wondering if you can tell me if Airbus Pro allows you to program the MCDU for the approach and do you have a full ND and PFD in front to watch the appraoches being executed. Would love to hear if the Mcdu is a freeplay or does it have restrictions to it. Can you perform holds. See all pages on PErf pages etc. Any nore info you can pass on about the Airbus pro would be much appreciated.
ex330.

airbuslad
7th Jul 2002, 07:47
Hiya, I have only been using the addon for a few days. It took me awhile to get it to fly a coupled approach. It has several bugs and it took me awhile to ge around them. From what I have seen and if they fix the bugs it will probably be the closest to a cheap "freeplay" an actual pilot can buy.

The MCDU is almost like the real thing. With the exception of secondary page (I think) all the pages work. You have to enter all the fields in the init pages, rad nav, prog, perf etc. For the flightplans you can input which runway to depart from, and land on. It also has an excellent databse in regards to SIDS/STARS and airways.The data base is world wide I believe they use Jep and the MS flight sim replicates the scenery quite well. The database is updated regularly. There are no approach plates available with the program. I haven't looked for any non-precision approaches yet and don't know if you can build any apporaches yet.

There is an computer simulation forum website. Alot of the gaming crowd use it. Just look at the threads to see what its all about. My postings there are under "airbusguy" and kinda decribe some of the problems I have had.

http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

Check it out. The PSS stuff is under the heading of
The Phoenix (PSS) Support Forum. (3/4 of the way down on the page)

Overall I feel its a good package for ILS apporaches and general flying. I will let you know how it is for the non prec. approaches when I get a chance to fly one. It is also reasonably price L15 (pounds sterling) for the online download. You will need the Microsoft Flight Sim program also. I use MS Flightsim Pro 2002.

Let me know how you make out.

IB6-UB9
7th Jul 2002, 09:05
Thanks Airbuslad,

I will check it out next week.