PDA

View Full Version : ATSB crash investigators career

HEALY
17th Nov 2016, 12:17
Hi everyone

I'm currently a First Officer for a major and interested in looking at life outside of the tin tube. I have a big interest in the crash investigation side of things and been trying to research some methods of study and courses to start considering. The ATSB website does not seem to give much guidance as to the process or requirements needed. Can anyone provide some info regarding any well recognised online courses for this direction and other tips or ideas for this career path.

Regards H

Wunwing
17th Nov 2016, 19:32
Talk to your pilot association. They normally have people trained in accident investigation because under the accident protocol they have right of membership of any investigation.

Wunwing

BPA
17th Nov 2016, 19:58
The ATSB will give you the required training you need. One path into Safety is via the Safety Officer role that most airlines have in place. Safety Officer's are line pilots that work within flight operations or safety and assist with Flight Safety issues.

Creampuff
18th Nov 2016, 06:55
Provided you are able to jump to conclusions then find facts to support those conclusions and ignore or downplay the significance of inconvenient facts that don't support those conclusions, you're qualified to go forth and write ATSB reports!

We'll continue to treat ATSB's reports with deserved scepticism and derision, and you'll be paid a handsome salary from the body politic's treasure.

Job done! :ok:

advo-cate
18th Nov 2016, 07:01
Here's an example of the poor quality of #atsb and #casa activities.

I don't believe a single person can change this easily, but good on you to try.

The #pelair, #asrr, #casa, #atsb saga (http://vocasupport.com/november-18th-marks-eight-years-of-pelair-problems/)

Aerodynamisist
23rd Nov 2016, 04:43
Call the ATSB or send them an email, see if you can get a tour of the facilities. Nothing works better than the direct approach.