PDA

View Full Version : KAL reverse rostering

Monarch Man
17th Nov 2016, 02:05
Anyone with any current or recent experience on the 777 at KAL care to give me a bit more info regarding the rostering experience as a contractor? Feel free to PM me although in the spirit of caring and sharing...putting it in the forum might help others as well.
Thanks MM

Capt. Flamingo
7th Dec 2016, 09:36
Just to put it back on the top, also looking for info on the same.

Cheers

oceancrosser69
11th Dec 2016, 02:51
Rostering at KAL for the OFF days is on the "normal" program 9 OFF days/month and in addition you have 24 leave days/year available. So average 11/month. You submit your OFF days online and it alwasęs works so far (for me 100% since 7 years) as long as you stick to the rules (i.e. min 9 days, max 16 days/month, back to back with prior approval....) And for your OFF days you deadhead to your home and back (NOT included in the OFF days, travel days (max 3/month) are in addition).
The "reverse pattern" (wording from China??) here is called "Option". On that you operate on duty home and back to ICN, and on average you will get 2 blocks of 5-7 days OFF/month. But you can NOT choose when! Option program here is quartely (so can try for 3 month and if it is not suitable go back to normal program...)
All pretty easy and straight forward..

LH777
12th Dec 2016, 05:03
Two blocks of 7 days off (no commuting). That's excellent time off if you get annual leave as well

lekijiji
12th Dec 2016, 16:55
What EU bases are currently available for the "Option" program?
Any lower/higher limits on the number of pilots per base?
What could an average salary be for an "Option" Cpt? Salary aside, are there any other benefits/allowances?

Bfree
11th Jan 2017, 15:10
Rostering at KAL for the OFF days is on the "normal" program 9 OFF days/month and in addition you have 24 leave days/year available. So average 11/month. You submit your OFF days online and it alwasęs works so far (for me 100% since 7 years) as long as you stick to the rules (i.e. min 9 days, max 16 days/month, back to back with prior approval....) And for your OFF days you deadhead to your home and back (NOT included in the OFF days, travel days (max 3/month) are in addition).
The "reverse pattern" (wording from China??) here is called "Option". On that you operate on duty home and back to ICN, and on average you will get 2 blocks of 5-7 days OFF/month. But you can NOT choose when! Option program here is quartely (so can try for 3 month and if it is not suitable go back to normal program...)
All pretty easy and straight forward..
Can you send a typical roster pattern?

HPSOV L
14th Jan 2017, 07:44
[QUOTE]Two blocks of 7 days off (no commuting). That's excellent time off if you get annual leave as well/QUOTE]

The approximately (it varies according to which option is allocated) seven day blocks are actually seven 24hr periods. That is to say 168 consecutive hours, not seven full days clear of duty. The block is usually a combination of a layover day, an annual leave day and some off days. Therefore you do use two or more annual leave days a month. If you remain on the option scheme for the whole year or as long as it is available, any negative ALV balance is usually put back to zero. Although nothing is written...
You also get the crew hotel the night before you leave if you ask.
Works well if you want to be home regularly but it can get tiring.