PDA

View Full Version : BHX - DXB flight path

Drive4it
16th Nov 2016, 04:32
Good Morning

Were travelling from BHX to CMB via DXB

Curiosity of which flight path are we likely to take for the first leg and the safety factor being as there is so much unrest around the Middle East and Ukraine etc

Thanks

flyinthesky
16th Nov 2016, 06:09
Take a look on flightradar or similar. Usual route from the UK is via Germany, Austria, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran and across the gulf to DXB. We dont fly over the troubled regions or the Ukraine,

Mr Mac
16th Nov 2016, 12:03
Drive4it
I am a regular on the route (minimum once a month) but from Man, but route is as Flyinthesky describes. The return is normally the same,though I have returned over Saudi/ Jordan/ Lebanon,and then up to Turkey on a couple of occasions,though not within the last 12 month's. Ground Topography over Iran in daylight is quite striking if you are into that sort of thing.

Interestingly we often used to come back up over Lincolnshire / West Yorkshire to Man but now always come in over Essex,and then up the country. I have asked about the change but never been able to find out what has caused it. Enjoy CMB,I am there myself in early December.

Regards
Mr Mac

Ancient Observer
16th Nov 2016, 15:46
Mr mac
Probably a clash with where the military want to be.