PDA

View Full Version : AvMed - What am I doing wrong?

CraviatorMike
14th Nov 2016, 06:14
I'm joining a flight school on the 9th of jan.

I filled out everything on the MRS system by CASA, paid the $75, completed my Class 1 medical and what was left was the opthamologist. Upon completing the eye exam, I went back to MRS and I had to fill out my health questions again and then pay another $75?

This is what it said.

https://i.gyazo.com/f6a05e3eb0c739cade12a8201ea09a5e.png

I then realised, as the idiot I am, that I created a completely new test! But when finding the link to my current one, it is stating I still need to complete the whole medical AND the opthamologist review? I'm sorry if this is confusing because it is boggling my mind as well.

This is what the old link shows.

https://i.gyazo.com/499ccd176cc871ffbdfbb1fc004ff143.png

So my question is why am I paying $75 to resend the medical history I've already given and paid for, and why is it telling me I need to still complete my class 1 medical test?

Stationair8
14th Nov 2016, 07:28
Send them an e-mail, and see if they can sort it out.

On my initial medical via the new system, it just stalled and wouldn't progress.

Sent an e-mail and they pointed me to a question that I had not answered.

fujii
15th Nov 2016, 03:21
I found Avmed to be very helpful on the phone. Your DAME should be entering the ophthalmology report.

Cloudee
15th Nov 2016, 05:32
No. The ophthalmologist should be entering his report online. You shouldn't have done anything. Just wait for CASA to do their stuff.

drpixie
15th Nov 2016, 05:59
If in doubt (sounds like there's lots) ring and talk to a human - they're generally helpful and you might even get the extra money back! The web stuff ain't great, and issuing medicals sometimes takes ridiculous time, but the actual people are often knowledgeable and helpful.

Baldnfat
10th Dec 2016, 09:17
G'day,

In what capacity are you joining a flight school?

I will answer my own question.
If you are under 20 years of age, have lived at home with Mum/Dad/others and have only seen the doctor that was there when you were purple, warm, slippery and had just taken your first breath. It will be an easier process than it has been for so many of us to complete your MRS.

Cynical 48 year old me very much hopes that you are not going to join as an instructor.

Whatever you are doing. Welcome to CASA.
The 1 place where the user truly pays plenty for their own frustration.

Safe Flying

Sunfish
10th Dec 2016, 17:34
please get on the phone to AVMED, they are very helpful and fast if you have no medical conditions.