PDA

View Full Version : Primera Air

sika
10th Nov 2016, 06:42
I hear they are starting interviews for next Spring recruitment. Any idea of the conditions being offered?

phil_socata
10th Nov 2016, 06:45
Also for guys w/o rating or turbine hours?

Iver
11th May 2017, 16:45
Looks like Primera is jumping into the transatlantic 737-MAX game with orders for 8 737-9 MAX airframes and 4 options. Primera specifically mentioned its intent to start nonstop service across the pond:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/primera-selects-737-max-9-for-transatlantic-expansio-437120/

Anyone have info about Primera including terms/schedules/bases, etc.? Are we talking about a Norwegian-like contract? I've seen them about but don't know much about them.

172_driver
12th May 2017, 10:11
1,5 years ago I spoke to a Primera first officer. The contract type was more like Ryanair, you have to set up your own company to provide your pilot services. At least that's how I understood him. Not sure if that's representative of all contracts at all bases.

oceancrosser
14th May 2017, 19:39
My airline has a few ex-Primera pilots who are all glad they left. Pilot turnover appears to be ridiculously high.

samca
15th May 2017, 08:54
What bases are they offer? How is the fast track FO to CPT program?,

Cheers

callaway8
20th Jun 2017, 13:22
Primera has now started with their own TR courses and apparently 2016/17 course 13 out of 35 got hired......mostly pilots from Denmark who knew the TRIīs got the job! During groundschool students were told 85% of the course students or everyone were needed for the summer to spread the word. Fully qualified pilots with 1000 to 2000+ hrs didīt get the job after completed TR. HQ in Riga was really badly organised and interviewer barely speaks english. Primera have found a new way to earn some cash

New course starting in fall 2017! Latvian AOC! You can figure out the rest!

callaway8
20th Jun 2017, 13:25
https://www.eurocockpit.be/sites/default/files/primera_air_aoc_shopping_information_nt_15_0313_f2.pdf

Iver
21st Jun 2017, 12:47
Now adding A321 NEO LRs to the fleet mix? Wow - sounds a lot like NAI.... Again, good luck finding qualified/interested pilots at such low wage levels.

Read below:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/57013-primera-air-to-lease-two-a321neolrs-from-aercap

ohoejland
11th Sep 2017, 11:28
callaway8:

It is so sad when people take decisions based on one side of the story. So this is my side of the story.

I completed the B737 TR Course with Primera Air this spring and I have never regreted it.
Before signing the contract we were told that there was no job guaranty, but it was clear that the pupose of the course was definitely to hire all pilots that were up to standard. Which a fare amount unfortunatly was not.

The course started in Riga at HQ with some very acommodating staff that made us feel like home. And they had no reason for doing that, if they didn't want to hire us. We were not just visitors, we felt like employees. Ex. was invited to pizzas together with the rest of the company due to good sales.The level of knowledge was the best and we were both technically and mentally prepared for the sim in Amsterdam. The course was also a conversion-course, so we were also doing the fire and wet drills in Riga.

The interview and tests you mention also took place in Riga, with a very well english-speeking lady from HR. Very down-to-earth". Never had such a relaxed job-intervew before.

Also the 3 weeks of sim in Amsterdam was very well organized and the instructors were so professional. When both my sim-buddy and I had passed the skilltest and OPC (combined), the TRE from Primera Air congratulated us and said he looked forward to seeing us on the line.

Unfortunately 14 days after basetraining we got the e-mail from the Chief Pilot that Primera Air had grounded one 737 due to serious corrosion and a leasing agreement on another 737 failed, so they had DAT (Danish Air Transport) to take over the operation of the two.
Adding to this, the lack of training Captains like any other expanding company in the industry. Unfortunately, this meant, that there were no job for my sim-buddy and I.

Even though I will highly recommend this top-professional TR Course to everyone who is thinking of getting rated on the 737 and having the chance of a job afterwards.

Just to make thing clear, I know the Chief pilot, Technical pilot and several CPTs and F/O at Primera Air. I still have my hopes up for next season though.

Hope this was valuable information for people considering this course.

172_driver
12th Sep 2017, 20:40
Great stuff about the flight school, but how are they to work for? You know.. post training when you're supposed to earn some money, raise a family, have a social life... "hoping for next season" doesn't cut it.

vrb03kt
12th Sep 2017, 21:41
callaway8:

It is so sad when people take decisions based on one side of the story. So this is my side of the story.

I'd definitely make the decision not to do it based on 'your side of the story' too.

Callsign Kilo
12th Sep 2017, 22:17
Primera sound like they played that story out extremely well.

Klimax
13th Sep 2017, 12:08
Sounds like another company making a buck on hopeful candidates. Shameful really!

Johnny F@rt Pants
13th Sep 2017, 12:29
It is so sad when people take decisions based on one side of the story. So this is my side of the story

Sounds like you've been mugged. Never in my days have I heard anybody recommend an airline that is selling a Type Rating that got screwed afterwards, it just gets worse!

Klimax
17th Sep 2017, 03:52
Couldn't agree more! ALERT!

spaflyer
18th Sep 2017, 16:04
Only 1 post from the guy, so I would not be surprised if itīs someone from PrimerAir...

future G-V driver
24th Oct 2017, 18:38
Hi, I am sorry to hear your job at Primera fell through, could I bother you please ? I am unemployed, A320 & A340 rated, 6,000 hours Command, fresh LPC last week, SFI, 23,000 hour Captain, 2,000 north atlantic crossings, however I have not flown for 2 years due my Wife being very ill. I tried to apply through recruitment Co and turned down due lack of Recency. Would you be able to give me the Chief Pilots email please, so I can try and persuade him/her that I can pass any Sim assessment and hopefully get a job. THANK YOU if you can help. (I have 20 years longhaul at Virgin Atlantic and 5 years Royal Flight of Qatar)

maxed-out
24th Oct 2017, 19:13
Is there no chance of going back to VS?