PDA

View Full Version : Qantas recruitment stalled

Nels
9th Nov 2016, 08:05
Successful at July 2016 group interview in Sydney. Reference checks (very detailed and time consuming, especially for the referees involved), Next stage security check. Those stages completed. Since then, 3 emails saying "application on hold". Last one saying "Huge number of high quality applicants and no available places". Has this happened to anyone else? People putting life on hold as one would (normally) expect that you have been successful.....although I do realise it's not over till the fat lady sings.

Mn64
9th Nov 2016, 20:02
Successful at July 2016 group interview in Sydney. Reference checks (very detailed and time consuming, especially for the referees involved), Next stage security check. Those stages completed. Since then, 3 emails saying "application on hold". Last one saying "Huge number of high quality applicants and no available places". Has this happened to anyone else? People putting life on hold as one would (normally) expect that you have been successful.....although I do realise it's not over till the fat lady sings.

I'm guessing you have not come across the QCCA Qantas Wannabes forum- will definitely be worth a read

Nels
10th Nov 2016, 04:37
I might be doubling up here, but isn't this the forum? I do seem to have stumbled on the other one, where I think congrtulations are due to you!!!!!well done!...can I ask when you had your interviews?...seems a very, very long process of waiting for something that may or may not happen....THe "active hold" and "if you haven't heard within a year" reapply is doublespeak.....