PDA

View Full Version : Cessna down South Tweed

spinex
9th Nov 2016, 05:57
No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/light-plane-crashes-in-south-tweed/news-story/e52b7c66697caa0b1be651dde44c104c)

That one might actually buff out - must have gotten it just about stopped before it went nesting.

emeritus
9th Nov 2016, 07:57
Sounds like "a well executed manoeuvre". Glad they were able to walk away from it.

Emeritus

Band a Lot
9th Nov 2016, 09:28
Spinex right wing tip needs an extra cut polish.

gerry111
9th Nov 2016, 10:32
Prior to my first GA solo flight in 1983, my instructor taught me that survivability was everything.

(The then near new Piper Warrior was only to became my survival tool, if the engine failed.)

So the pilots of the C152 have done a very good job. If it flies again, then that is a bonus. :)

tail wheel
9th Nov 2016, 18:17
"AN investigation is under way into how a pilot and her student miraculously survived a light plane crash this afternoon."

I wonder why they are investigating how the two survived? Surely they should be investigating why the accident happened? :E

The Zenith
9th Nov 2016, 21:19
Their resources are stretched investigating why drones are crashing. The answer is they need to employ more staff to cope with the probable increase in drone crashes :}

Flying Ted
9th Nov 2016, 21:27
[QUOTE]“It hit every pothole in the paddock. They were lucky they landed where they did./QUOTE]

Was it luck? I'd like to think it was the pilot's skill finding the least worst place to put it down. By my definition it was a good landing; they both walked away.

ACMS
9th Nov 2016, 21:44
Let's see......Engine failed, Pilot manges to find a safe place to land without much damage and they walk away......seems like a good outcome to me....

UnderneathTheRadar
10th Nov 2016, 02:24
“It hit every pothole in the paddock. They were lucky they landed where they did"

Surely the opposite is true? IF they'd landed anywhere else they could have avoided at least one pothole?

havick
10th Nov 2016, 19:39
From the pics it's looks like they just missed the arrestor cable.