PDA

View Full Version : CAE OXFORD Generation easyJet Pilot Programme

superKar
5th Nov 2016, 07:11
Hi guys,

has anyone gone for the CAE Oxford Academy Generation easyJet Pilot Programme? How was your experience? What would you recommend in order to best prepare yourself for the skills assessment in Kidlington?

100cc
5th Nov 2016, 15:44
There is a 34 page thread about Generation easyJet here: http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/568201-easyjet-2016-a-34.html. Read it all, there is some useful stuff in there.

In short - get good at basic maths and physics (the e-learning packs you can buy from the CAE website are excellent), practice hand-eye coordination and logic tests, and buy a cheap USB joystick and practice doing basic flying.

superKar
5th Nov 2016, 17:51
Thanks 100cc!

Did you go for it?

100cc
6th Nov 2016, 12:47
Indeed I did - I did my stage 3 on Friday. Personally it was a fantastic experience, I found the stage 2 on the enjoyable side of challenging, I did an hour or so of maths and physics practice 3 or 4 times a week to get myself sharp having been out of education for 5 or 6 years now. Finding out that I'd passed and got to stage 3 was a massive personal boost, the work had paid off. Stage 3 was also challenging but enjoyable - we did two group exercises with a 1 on 1 interview in the middle. Although the stakes are clearly high, both easyJet and CAE do their best to make it a pleasant day.

My interview was with a current easyJet line pilot and it didn't feel that much like an interview to be honest - it was a 50 minute chat about training to be a pilot at CAE, being a pilot, and working for easyJet.

Officer Kite
6th Nov 2016, 14:30
My interview was with a current easyJet line pilot and it didn't feel that much like an interview to be honest - it was a 50 minute chat about training to be a pilot at CAE, being a pilot, and working for easyJet.

That is great to here you were interviewed by a pilot ! I have a long list of cadet interviews I've failed where the interviewer was HR only and never flown and i found it very difficult to express myself/communicate effectively with them. Pilots are a lot easier to talk to in my experience and don't spend all day looking for nigh on fabricated stories. Here's hoping my luck does not draw me another HR bod !

Thanks for the info,

superKar
6th Nov 2016, 15:16
Congratulations 100cc!!! I have my stage 2 at the end of the month so fingers crossed!

Can I ask you if you used any softwares or apps to practise both the flight sim and your maths and physics skills?

Do you already know if you have been accepted?

100cc
7th Nov 2016, 14:28
I don't know yet, no. Not all of the interviewers were pilots, but they had all been crew at some point - a couple were former cabin crew who now work for HR & recruitment. I would recommend CAE's own maths and physics e-courses, which you can buy from their website. Any older flying game with a half decent model will do for practice along with any cheap USB joystick you can get off Amazon.

OscarDeltaBravo
14th Feb 2017, 19:18
100cc Did you pass Stage 3? are you now a generation easyjet cadet?

Lynx320
15th Feb 2017, 05:50
OscarDeltaBravo, any update from you ;) ?